ADVERTISEMENT

Top 75 High School players

error for me now also , must have taken it down or something. I thought it was a bit odd NJ putting a list like that out. Talk about setting yourself up to take some arrows.. lol

error for me now also , must have taken it down or something. I thought it was a bit odd NJ putting a list like that out. Talk about setting yourself up to take some arrows.. lol
So were you able to see it at first? Saw your first comment.

Yea if it doesn’t come back up I’m hoping someone else will make maybe a top 50????

I “saved “ the article before it was taken down ( tried to re-post but wasn’t able ) ; so here is the
Top 10
1) Alleyne RB/DB DMA
2) Fry. QB. MHS
3) Wormley OT. Smyrna
4) Williams. LB. Smyrna
5) Kane. RB Woodbridge
6) Peace. RB/SS. Dover
7) Bushweiller. DE/TE. Salesianum
8) Lynch. WR A.I. DuPont
9) Johnston WR Middletown
10) Cartwright OT. St.Marks

I “saved “ the article before it was taken down ( tried to re-post but wasn’t able ) ; so here is the
Top 10
1) Alleyne RB/DB DMA
2) Fry. QB. MHS
3) Wormley OT. Smyrna
4) Williams. LB. Smyrna
5) Kane. RB Woodbridge
6) Peace. RB/SS. Dover
7) Bushweiller. DE/TE. Salesianum
8) Lynch. WR A.I. DuPont
9) Johnston WR Middletown
10) Cartwright OT. St.Marks
Did you save the entire list? If so, keep it coming! 11-20, 21-30, etc........
The big day is tomorrow and you know we are all excited Buc!!!

Reactions: Throwbackjack
In all honesty, there not really a way to combine D1 & D2 to get a Top 25, 75, or whatever. There’s only a hand full of D2 players that would be able to do what they do on a weekly basis in D1.
Right or wrong?

I don’t agree with that. Even D1 teams play weak teams so there guys don’t get punished week in and week out. Symrna in Henlopen North. Not every week is a battle for them. Middletown in Flight A. Not every week a battle. There are weak teams were they rest guys or may have huge number games. Flight A has three really good teams (really only 2 this upcoming). Henlopen has maybe 4 this year (I’m buying the hype of Dover, ST, and Cape now). Now those those two schools do play with there free weeks top teams so respect for that. But to say the top players in DII wouldn’t preform I think is wrong. If they are good they will be good anywhere.
This isn’t college where talent is only in DI. And that’s not always the case too. Sometimes grades are a result forbthere placement.

Reactions: onejeron
Our Ranking overall regardless of position. Outside of the top 15 or 20 there is no clear separation of talent. Every person on this list I had a chance or one of the coaches that work with us had a chance to see them in person. Including over the summer at Prospect camps. All of their game film. Including lowlight film. We Confirmed combine testing numbers and play production/ impact on game. Boring nerd stuff. Wormley clear cut best player in the State even tho Fry edged him in our nerdy analysis. 75 player ranking is obviously designed as click bait. But it was also pretty clear to me the person who made the list Did not actually watch game film. Or for that matter even read Who has received college offers. Lacks integrity on thier part even if it’s just a opinion. Perhaps the motivation was just to drive interest to the site instead of a real analyses.

1- Wormley OL - Smyrna c/o 19

2- Fry QB - MIDDLETOWN c/o 19

3- Williams LB - smyrna c/o 20

4- Magee QB - Dover c/o 19

5 - peace RB - Dover c/o 20

6 - alleyne RB - DMA c/o 19

7 - Argo OL- STech c/o 19

8 - Lilly DL - Delmar c/o 20

9- Guthrie WR- Middletown c/o 19

10 - Kane RB - Woodbridge c/o 19

11- Anyanwu OL - Dover c/o 19

12 - Johnson WR - Middletown c/o 19

13 - Wescott db/WR - Woodbridge c/o 19

14 - bushweiller Dl / Te - Salesianum c/o 19

15 - Harley ATH/ Howard tech c/o 19

Our Ranking overall regardless of position. Outside of the top 15 or 20 there is no clear separation of talent. Every person on this list I had a chance or one of the coaches that work with us had a chance to see them in person. Including over the summer at Prospect camps. All of their game film. Including lowlight film. We Confirmed combine testing numbers and play production/ impact on game. Boring nerd stuff. Wormley clear cut best player in the State even tho Fry edged him in our nerdy analysis. 75 player ranking is obviously designed as click bait. But it was also pretty clear to me the person who made the list Did not actually watch game film. Or for that matter even read Who has received college offers. Lacks integrity on thier part even if it’s just a opinion. Perhaps the motivation was just to drive interest to the site instead of a real analyses.

1- Wormley OL - Smyrna c/o 19

2- Fry QB - MIDDLETOWN c/o 19

3- Williams LB - smyrna c/o 20

4- Magee QB - Dover c/o 19

5 - peace RB - Dover c/o 20

6 - alleyne RB - DMA c/o 19

7 - Argo OL- STech c/o 19

8 - Lilly DL - Delmar c/o 20

9- Guthrie WR- Middletown c/o 19

10 - Kane RB - Woodbridge c/o 19

11- Anyanwu OL - Dover c/o 19

12 - Johnson WR - Middletown c/o 19

13 - Wescott db/WR - Woodbridge c/o 19

14 - bushweiller Dl / Te - Salesianum c/o 19

15 - Harley ATH/ Howard tech c/o 19

NOW THIS IS VERY ACCURATE. THE NEWS JOURNAL IS HORRIBLE AT RANKINGS. IT'S A POPULARITY CONTEST. That list of 75 had all the favorites on it. All the players on the list were mostly from 14 playoff teams from last year.

Maybe it should be done by position. Who are the top 5 or 10 at each position (in your opinion) Prep?

List should just be titled "75 kids to watch in 2018".
So many kids Direct messaging our page about this This guy left athletes off the list that have multiple division one offers!!! Plus one kid sent us game film of him dominating someone on the list badly. And he was left off. Notable things Will Argo was 48. With some very small and not very good linemen ranked 20 to 30 spots ahead. Again who have no offers. Not having Worm at 1 also is kinda odd. Agree should have been ones to watch in no particular order. Par for the course for this guy from what I been hearing. Backup running backs and special team players also made the list over division one offered athletes

Reactions: Chill44
So many kids Direct messaging our page about this This guy left athletes off the list that have multiple division one offers!!!

To all the athletes that have college offers and who are not on the list I have one thing to say to you:

Who the hell cares . . . .

The only one list that matters is a college's recruiting list and if you got an offer your on it! SMH!!!!

Myself personally I don’t care if has D1 offers or not. Talent is talent. There are several kids on the list that should be move around off and other not on the list that should be moved on. It’s a “DE HS” list so give the top HS players not who has offers because there are numerous reasons outside of talent why some kids have offers and others do not.

Another bad thing about the list is that it has names of kids on the list that do not even attend the school listed anymore. Should have more research done or waited prior to week 1 to drop that list.

Reactions: EJS313
And FYI, there always has been and always will be kids that are great football players that don’t have the grades and will NEVER get an offer. So are we just ranking/including scholar athletes or what???

Way too much thought/stock put into this by us. Not enough by TNJ. There’s no way Brad Myers can get eyes on everyone, his likely basis of determination is returning All-State and All-Conference players.

Players, parents, fans, etc., who cares? It’s a list. Power 5 schools aren’t clicking on the link to recruit our state. Kids getting recruited are the same kids whose coaches are pushing their film and stock.

Let’s just back to the days of team summaries: contributors, key losses, new arrivals and coach expectations. This list is the product of the social media era. Let the pads do the talking and the chips will fall the way they should - as always.

Myself personally I don’t care if has D1 offers or not. Talent is talent. There are several kids on the list that should be move around off and other not on the list that should be moved on. It’s a “DE HS” list so give the top HS players not who has offers because there are numerous reasons outside of talent why some kids have offers and others do not.

Another bad thing about the list is that it has names of kids on the list that do not even attend the school listed anymore. Should have more research done or waited prior to week 1 to drop that list.

Only thing I will disagree with. Offers are based on talent. So to say a kid who has a current offer has less talent then one that does not is not correct. I think the main problem is the players them selves including ones ranked above others have publicly said it was not a very good assement of talent. These athletes talk. I think to them it’s becoming more apparent how these things work. In the past before social media you could make mistakes print what you want make any list. No one would check you. Today the younger generations put far more stock into fair assessments. They rather not have the praise if they know it was not fair. They are also quick to fact check you and point out fraudulent reports. So just do your do diligence. Or keep the list ambiguous in nature. The reason we use analytics to break some of the ties we have in our evaluation is because it makes it a apples to apples comparison. Not different then combine testing.

Kids know also. For example if you have a DB on the list, and a WR that is not yet when they played the WR burned the DB over and over. Then say the WR has a college offer, and the DB does not. or perhaps even plays with the DB in 7 on 7 both know who the best player is. It makes the list a joke even to the ones on it. If they have real self awareness. Most of these younger athletes are more self aware then in the past. They actually value you fairness, it’s high up their hierarchy of needs.

Then the obvious is the list is more for parents. This website posting the list is trying to at Least make enough money to pay for the site. Parent sees list wonders if their kid is on it. Clicks and buys access to premium content. To generate more interest it Would make more sense to put someone number 1 that is maybe a bit controversial. Not saying that is what they did. I’m on the record saying how much I love the Athlete they picked. But im also not blinded by my personal preference to rank him over the clear cut best player. Again this is where you need to have some sort of analytics evaluation to separate bias. Easier to just make a list of ones to watch.

And FYI, there always has been and always will be kids that are great football players that don’t have the grades and will NEVER get an offer. So are we just ranking/including scholar athletes or what???
This is not true. The grades make the offer commitable. You don’t need them to get one in most cases. You have a perfect example in your state last year. The RB Roberts had big time D1 offers, and never had the grades to make them committable. Most of the time the official offer sent out will have language stating the athlete must meet the academic standards set forth by the university By graduation for it to be commitable. Language is also put in stating the offer is contingent on their continued progress on the field. Have a great junior or sophomore year, and Suck as a senior those offers can and will go away. It’s a business they want the best talent. Not the best student. At the highest level They will never sacrifice talent for grades. They may want you to believe that, but the NCAA sets minimums, meet them you good most of the time. Obviously schools like Yale or Villanova are exceptions. But no you don’t need Grades to get them in most cases, But without the grades the offers are worthless.

I know personally about 50 2021 & 2020 athletes with offers who have Current D or C averages, and no test scores. They had bad freshman years academically. Their talent is so great the universitys are willing to offer. Sometimes that offer turns those kids around gives them something to work for. They may not have believed before, or come from environments were school is the last thing on thier mind. Working eating surviving the streets is what their priorities are. Many have no father, some no mother. That glimmer of hope the offer brings to them literally changes many kids lives. Great college coaches have learned this long ago.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
This is not true. The grades make the offer commitable. You don’t need them to get one in most cases. You have a perfect example in your state last year. The RB Roberts had big time D1 offers, and never had the grades to make them committable. Most of the time the official offer sent out will have language stating the athlete must meet the academic standards set forth by the university By graduation for it to be commitable. Language is also put in stating the offer is contingent on their continued progress on the field. Have a great junior or sophomore year, and Suck as a senior those offers can and will go away. It’s a business they want the best talent. Not the best student. At the highest level They will never sacrifice talent for grades. They may want you to believe that, but the NCAA sets minimums, meet them you good most of the time. Obviously schools like Yale or Villanova are exceptions. But no you don’t need Grades to get them in most cases, But without the grades the offers are worthless.

I know personally about 50 2021 & 2020 athletes with offers who have Current D or C averages, and no test scores. They had bad freshman years academically. Their talent is so great the universitys are willing to offer. Sometimes that offer turns those kids around gives them something to work for. They may not have believed before, or come from environments were school is the last thing on thier mind. Working eating surviving the streets is what their priorities are. Many have no father, some no mother. That glimmer of hope the offer brings to them literally changes many kids lives. Great college coaches have learned this long ago.
“2021 and 2020 athletes with offers,” in Delaware????

Backup running backs and special team players also made the list over division one offered athletes

Except there are backup running backs and/or special teams players on the list who are, in fact, receiving strong Division 1 interest at both the FBS and FCS levels. It is impossible to know who has offers or who has strong interest unless you have been to a school or have been privy to conversations involving a particular kid.

Except there are backup running backs and/or special teams players on the list who are, in fact, receiving strong Division 1 interest at both the FBS and FCS levels. It is impossible to know who has offers or who has strong interest unless you have been to a school or have been privy to conversations involving a particular kid.

Actually offers are required to be documented. Easy to find if you look. Your right about strong interest. But what does strong interest pay for ? Or are you talking preferred walk on? And define interest ? Strong interest to some is a flyer in the mail. Others is having the coaches numbers and talking to them on the phone. I’m privy to that information for a number of kids who are not on that list Who talk to coaches regularly. My point is logical how could you leave athletes off the list with actually documented offers that are not backup, but you put ones on that are backups and have alleged strong interest?? Sorry to break it the strong FBS interest kid. That offer is not coming. Not if he’s is going into his senior year and he is a backup. The numbers bear this out. FCS maybe D2 yes possibly. D1 FBS na not happening. But that is not the point of this.

Actually offers are required to be documented. Easy to find if you look. Your right about strong interest. But what does strong interest pay for ? Or are you talking preferred walk on? And define interest ? Strong interest to some is a flyer in the mail. Others is having the coaches numbers and talking to them on the phone. I’m privy to that information for a number of kids who are not on that list Who talk to coaches regularly. My point is logical how could you leave athletes off the list with actually documented offers that are not backup, but you put ones on that are backups and have alleged strong interest?? Sorry to break it the strong FBS interest kid. That offer is not coming. Not if he’s is going into his senior year and he is a backup. The numbers bear this out. FCS maybe D2 yes possibly. D1 FBS na not happening. But that is not the point of this.

Verbals are not always documented publicly. Interest is also more than receiving a camp brochure. Actually having an ongoing dialogue by phone, text and/or twitter DMs are a good indicators of strong interest. Some play this stuff close to the vest until they have decided what school they want and don't necessarily put this information out publicly, that is all I am saying. Others blast it out everywhere for the whole world to see, so its difficult to paint everyone on the list with a broad brush that a mention was not deserving.

Nevertheless, I agree with you that there is no reason for putting this list out rather than just reviewing each team in Delaware and giving props to various kids on each team like he has done in the past. Some very deserving kids always get slighted when this stuff is done.

Reactions: prepfootballstars
2021 and 2022 athletes also are being offered now. In Delaware I believe there is only one offer for a 2020 athlete already. Williams I believe has offer from Delaware.
Still waiting for you to post your top 5 or 10 best players at each position, since you seem to be knowledgeable about the subject.
Curious who makes the cut!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT