ADVERTISEMENT

Watkins vs DeBo?

Aye. And ev'ry year since aught-15, when they played twice. Once for the championship, if memory serves me.
Memory does serve. And the first game, which took place four years ago yesterday, is still the most improbable game I think I've ever seen. In fact, I got there late and still saw more than 60 points scored. That was the infamous 76-56 Sallies win.

Colby Reeder scored 7 rushing touchdowns. Garrett Cannon threw 3 TD passes. All told, the Sals scored 11 touchdowns. For Smyrna, Will Knight scored 4 times. Nolan Henderson had 4 scoring passes and ran one in from 69 yards out. I think the game took about 3 1/2 hours. What a night.

Reactions: APboy and Chill44
The pampered little ladies at Sallies aren’t ready for the ‘Bo. They’re ready for pretty much every other kid on Smyrna but not Debo. If a ball carrier sees him they should slide.

Smyrna wins if Watkins is out

Bummy can't make this one due to scheduling glitch. My sense is this is a Smyrna win even if Watkins plays. Smyrna hammered Central last week. The Sals and Central were pretty even in their scrimmage but Central's swarming defense stopped them cold.

Sals Oline like ND's have far too many penalties.

I look for Smyrna to win by 2 TD's or more.

Reactions: Chill44
Memory does serve. And the first game, which took place four years ago yesterday, is still the most improbable game I think I've ever seen. In fact, I got there late and still saw more than 60 points scored. That was the infamous 76-56 Sallies win.

Colby Reeder scored 7 rushing touchdowns. Garrett Cannon threw 3 TD passes. All told, the Sals scored 11 touchdowns. For Smyrna, Will Knight scored 4 times. Nolan Henderson had 4 scoring passes and ran one in from 69 yards out. I think the game took about 3 1/2 hours. What a night.
Yeah, I was acting up as I had two sons on that 2015 team. Both games that year were epic. To the original poster's point, I believe that the Smyrna D-line plus Debo will force Sallies to go to the air. Besides being personally biased :), I saw the way they shut down SC last week. I hope Watkins is healthy (as I always do for all of the kids), and the game is competitive. Oh, with Smyrna coming out with a much respected "W" of course!

Reactions: Chill44
Bummy can't make this one due to scheduling glitch. My sense is this is a Smyrna win even if Watkins plays. Smyrna hammered Central last week. The Sals and Central were pretty even in their scrimmage but Central's swarming defense stopped them cold.

Sals Oline like ND's have far too many penalties.

I look for Smyrna to win by 2 TD's or more.

No love for Bummy with his dead on pick????
The wedding reception was a lot of fun for the polka lovers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT