ADVERTISEMENT

WEEK 0 THURSDAY SCORES

Cape answers right back on 2 plays 80 yds. #7 scampers in for the score sals 20 Cape 14. 9:11 left

Cape allows sals to run right down the field. Cape need to let them score here. No timeouts.

Gene Delledonne was the last Freshman to start for Sallies as a freshman.
Troy Reeder started at linebacker as freshman, also played some running back.

A few thoughts after the first night

CR and STech.....come on man! Really? What has happened at Tech? And CR? CR had a ton of issues on offense last year and they haven't fixed a thing.

Sallies is in for a rough season. Gritty win tonight but they looked very average. Give Cape some credit they battled back in the 2nd half and almost won the game. #7 for Cape had an outstanding game. He should've touched the ball more. If he gets more touches and Cape doesn't allow a KR for a TD they win.

A few thoughts after the first night

CR and STech.....come on man! Really? What has happened at Tech? And CR? CR had a ton of issues on offense last year and they haven't fixed a thing.

Sallies is in for a rough season. Gritty win tonight but they looked very average. Give Cape some credit they battled back in the 2nd half and almost won the game. #7 for Cape had an outstanding game. He should've touched the ball more. If he gets more touches and Cape doesn't allow a KR for a TD they win.
Special teams won the game for Sals. 2 fgs. KO's into the end zone, great punts. KO return for score (also had a return called back) The returns caused Cape to be afraid to KO deep after the score to take the lead and gave Sals great field position for their game winning drive. Special Teams and Sals was just a little better coached overall. Not sure why Cape was in 3 man front on Sals last drive with 4 minutes left but to me you take away Ransome and make the Freshman QB beat you. All in all it was a fairly entertaining game. IMO

Last edited:
yeah and the annoucers completely did not understand that it was a kickoff out of bounds (which had a flag on the ground). Kept saying the 'referees didn't like something.

• Haha
Reactions: BackinBlack86
Yes, the game had drama but Uncle Bummy was disappointed in the Sals. Looks to me like a 3-7 season. Next week at Sussex Central? I look for a 2 TD victory for the Knights.

Back to the Freshmen QB thing. I think Reeder was used in the Wildcat as a Freshman and there were a few Tebow like pass plays. A senior named Godwin? was the starting QB.

DelleDonne started like the 2nd game his freshman year and never looked back.

Good to see Cape with some spunk. They may surprise a few folks. Time will tell.......

Last edited:
Bumster; I saw the game (very entertaining) and agree that Cape will surprise a lot of fans this year. They have nice skill players and a good O line that gained positive yards on almost every running play in the second half. The Sals frosh QB can chuck it pretty good for a 15 year old kid. You can see DelleDonne's coaching in him. He will get better.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
Bumster; I saw the game (very entertaining) and agree that Cape will surprise a lot of fans this year. They have nice skill players and a good O line that gained positive yards on almost every running play in the second half. The Sals frosh QB can chuck it pretty good for a 15 year old kid. You can see DelleDonne's coaching in him. He will get better.
I thought he did well. Might be a good idea if that 9th grader who dropped 4 passes takes a seat for awhile and gets back in gradually. Seems like the majority of players were 11th graders….

I thought he did well. Might be a good idea if that 9th grader who dropped 4 passes takes a seat for awhile and gets back in gradually. Seems like the majority of players were 11th graders….
Majority of Sallies players

Freshman QB been at it and been coached up for awhile. Jersey kid and played rec at Clearview in Mullica Hill, NJ. Won some camp MVP's and was QB of a good 15U 7v7 team (SlimeU) that won some stuff early this summer. He was a known player in the area. Looks like he shopped a few privates before settling on Sals. His rec teams Hudl lists him as CO25 so he may have reclassed who knows but that's pretty commonplace today anyway. Probably close to turning 16 as well but yeah I agree he will get better and more confident as the season progresses if they ride it out with him.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
Bummy was there in person. Will take a look at the video later.

Look the Sals 9th grade QB was solid with a lot of room to grow. Maybe Bummy is not just a big fan of the spread. At this point in the season, their best weapon is kicking the ball in the endzone.

Apologies to all who think I am being negative. I had some beef braciole yesterday that gave me indigestion.

Last edited:
Reactions: BackinBlack86
In the 2nd quarter the student announcers asked if either team is thinking of changing quarterbacks yet.
right but Cape already was switching QB's between #12 and #4 both made some bonehead plays in the 1st half.. they went with 12 most the 2nd half but I believe 4 came in for series or two in the second half as well.

In the 2nd quarter the student announcers asked if either team is thinking of changing quarterbacks yet.

I was thinking Sals might make that move at half but they stuck with the yute. I guess Tiberi transferred to Sals to be the placekick holder. Probably get a better education at Sallies anyway. If he stays.

I was thinking Sals might make that move at half but they stuck with the yute. I guess Tiberi transferred to Sals to be the placekick holder. Probably get better education at Sallies anyway. If he stays.
They have a Sr QB too that was supposed to be the starter in early summer….not sure what happened to him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT