ADVERTISEMENT

Week 6 picks

ReturnOfTheGate

All-Conference
Mar 13, 2018
I got sidetracked with some extracurricular discussion this week, soooo...

Last week I was 17-5 (AI result pending), overall 85-27. Not bad.

This week's games aren't as easy so have fun with these:

AI DuPont 28, Glasgow 12
McKean 24, Dickinson 0
Appo 21, Brandywine 12
Conrad 17, Charter 12
Dover 33, Sussex Tech 20
St. Georges 30, Newark 14
North East 20, FSMA 6
Indian River 21, Seaford 0
Friends 28, St. E 21
Smyrna 35, Central 21
Tower Hill 42, George 0
Woodbridge 28, Milford 7
CR 27, Cape 10
Middletown 21, Sallies 14
Delcastle 14, Concord 6 (I'm not giving up on the Cougars!)
Hodgson 28, Penn 12
Christiana 20, Mt. Pleasant 14
Howard 28, St. Mark's 24
Laurel 31, Polytech 13
Delmar 35, Lake 14
ANC 20, St. Andrew's 10
Archmere 28, DMA 20
Tatnall 14, Red Lion 8

Yeah I agree I think Central handles Smyrna down in Georgetown
just an overall tough place to play. I mean they held Brown, Henderson and Knight to 22 points 2 years ago. Now people are saying this Smyrna team puts up 40 on them...ok.

I hope the Saints can keep it that close, the ANC Loins already knocked off Friends.

I do enjoy watching a future ACC (did I spell that right) player evolve. However, I think it will be going to the lid not toting the rock.

AI DuPont big over Glasgow
McKean big over Dickinson
Appo big over Brandywine
Charter beats Conrad
Dover big over Sussex Tech
St. Georges beats Newark
North East big over FSMA
Indian River beats Seaford
Friends beats St. Es
Central upsets Smyrna
Tower Hill big over George
Woodbridge beats Milford
CR big over Cape
Middletown big over Sallies
Delcastle toss up with Concord
Hodgson beats Penn (closer than the experts think)
Mount beats Christiana
St. Mark's beat Howard
Polytech beats Laurel
Delmar big over Lake
ANC beats St. Andrews
Archmere toss up with DMA
Tatnall beats Red Lion

AI DuPont big over Glasgow
McKean big over Dickinson
Appo big over Brandywine
Charter beats Conrad
Dover big over Sussex Tech
St. Georges beats Newark
North East big over FSMA
Indian River beats Seaford
Friends beats St. Es
Central upsets Smyrna
Tower Hill big over George
Woodbridge beats Milford
CR big over Cape
Middletown big over Sallies
Delcastle toss up with Concord
Hodgson beats Penn (closer than the experts think)
Mount beats Christiana
St. Mark's beat Howard
Polytech beats Laurel
Delmar big over Lake
ANC beats St. Andrews
Archmere toss up with DMA
Tatnall beats Red Lion[/QU

Not so sure about Delmar Big over Lake, Lake played right with friends and Friends beat woodbridge. I think it will be close, and depending on the turnover battle, lake could pull off the upset. But I do think Delmar wins 28-14.

Would love to see Central beat Smyrna, after they have run the score up on everyone over the last 3 years, it would be nice karma. Could also know them out of the playoffs. central 21-20

Woodbridge vs milford ahs huge playoff implications. I think the south gets at least 2 teams in the playoffs, this game could determine who is in. I think woodbridge wins 28-24

St. marks vs howard has the same feel, both desperately need this win doe playoff hopes. Howard 14-st. marks 13

Not so sure about Delmar Big over Lake, Lake played right with friends and Friends beat woodbridge. I think it will be close, and depending on the turnover battle, lake could pull off the upset. But I do think Delmar wins 28-14.

Would love to see Central beat Smyrna, after they have run the score up on everyone over the last 3 years, it would be nice karma. Could also know them out of the playoffs. central 21-20

Woodbridge vs milford ahs huge playoff implications. I think the south gets at least 2 teams in the playoffs, this game could determine who is in. I think woodbridge wins 28-24

St. marks vs howard has the same feel, both desperately need this win doe playoff hopes. Howard 14-st. marks 13

"Would love to see Central beat Smyrna, after they have run the score up on everyone over the last 3 years, it would be nice karma. Could also know them out of the playoffs. central 21-20"
Nice! We made it all the way to week 6 before the "Smyrna running up the score" whining and payback talk. Smyrna may have run up the score on SC in 2015, but that was for a reason. I won't rehash why any other score deficits were not really 'running up the score'. That ole chestnut. In all honesty, I can imagine Coach telling his seniors that this is the last chance to exact revenge on Smyrna. And that is what he should be selling to motivate his kids. I like the SC team, always have. Especially the Barnes brothers since they used to wrestle as little kids. Since I have a dog in the fight (eaglet in the nest?), I just hope everyone comes out of the game healthy. Oh yeah, and with Smyrna winning 23 to 21 on late field goal!

Last edited:
I haven't done point calculations yet but if Smyrna loses to Central this week, or Dover later, they very well might miss the playoffs.

Myself would love for Central to win. I would go Central 27 Smyrna 22 but my gut tells me Smyrna 34 Central 24

Reactions: youjustme
Centrals defense has been lights out since that week 1 loss to Hodgson. It wouldn't shock me if they held Smyrna to a low scoring game. But I'm also weighing those opponents that Central held scoreless. Smyrna is a bit more talented than them.

Centrals defense has been lights out since that week 1 loss to Hodgson. It wouldn't shock me if they held Smyrna to a low scoring game. But I'm also weighing those opponents that Central held scoreless. Smyrna is a bit more talented than them.
I really don't think that central will win tonight but I'd like to see it happen.

Reactions: FootballguyDE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT