ADVERTISEMENT

Week 7 Schedule Changes

I’m really interested in the Smyrna/CR, and Sals/SG matchups this weekend. They play a lot into the D1 playoffs. Glad Smyrna is on live, and Sals is on wdel

I’m really interested in the Smyrna/CR, and Sals/SG matchups this weekend. They play a lot into the D1 playoffs. Glad Smyrna is on live, and Sals is on wdel
yeah I will watch Smyrna vs CR tonight until it gets out of hand but check in on WB v CA

No offense to D2 followers, but ever since I stopped working with DIFCA, and stopped doing breakdowns D2 hasn’t really interested me to say the least. The last D2 game I watched in person was the Indian River championship game and it just seemed slow moving to me. There was plenty of talented players on that field but it was like watching glue dry. Lol I might stick with the CR/Smyrna game, while I’m watching Appo/MT

I’ll go as far and say the most exciting D2 game is attendees was at Delmar, more than a decade ago. Thats why I will always say, if youd wanna experience a true hometown feel football game in Delaware, it’s Delmar and Middletown easily.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
No offense to D2 followers, but ever since I stopped working with DIFCA, and stopped doing breakdowns D2 hasn’t really interested me to say the least. The last D2 game I watched in person was the Indian River championship game and it just seemed slow moving to me. There was plenty of talented players on that field but it was like watching glue dry. Lol I might stick with the CR/Smyrna game, while I’m watching Appo/MT

Try watching 7A Georgia live streams then watch Delaware football D1 or otherwise, like I did before DE got started.. yeah.. night and day. took me a bit to get readjusted to the slowness. just saying of course. The quality of the live streams was even harder to get used to. The Georgia streams are like professional television broadcasts..

Last edited:
Try watching 7A Georgia live streams then watch Delaware football D1 or otherwise, like I did before DE got started.. yeah.. night and day. took me a bit to get readjusted to the slowness. just saying of course. The quality of the live streams was even harder to get used to. The Georgia streams are like professional television broadcasts..

oh yeah, I know all about that. I used to watch Byrne (SC), and Hoover (Alabama) on a regular, but all it did was embarrass Delaware football so I couldn’t watch it any more. Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: BackinBlack86
oh yeah, I know all about that. I used to watch Byrne (SC), and Hoover (Alabama) on a regular, but all it did was embarrass Delaware football so I couldn’t watch it any more. Lol.

I will say what I find fun about following DE is that it is small so its easy to follow the story lines, know the teams, players and coaches etc... Seeing how it all plays out from that aspect and we have our share of drama to keep us interested lol

With the livestreams, it’s still new, in its baby stage here in Delaware which I think is weird. It should have happened years ago. So, far, Sussex Tech is by far one of the better streams. 302 tries hard but you can tell some of their guys are clueless. I actually miss Matt Penek(?) and Jon Buzby from 1290. Sean Greene does a good job on broadcasting on wdel. If you take 302sports feed (sometimes. They always have issues) and Jon Buzby and Sean Greene, then it would be great live streamed game.

With the livestreams, it’s still new, in its baby stage here in Delaware which I think is weird. It should have happened years ago. So, far, Sussex Tech is by far one of the better streams. 302 tries hard but you can tell some of their guys are clueless. I actually miss Matt Penek(?) and Jon Buzby from 1290. Sean Greene does a good job on broadcasting on wdel. If you take 302sports feed (sometimes. They always have issues) and Jon Buzby and Sean Greene, then it would be great live streamed game.

Maybe DelawareLive will spend some dough on some new equipment for the fellas.. I mean c'mon everyone has replays these days..

302 has replays. Just don’t know how to operate it. They did it ONE TIME. And it was 2017 when Smyrna came to Middletown after winning the championship. That whole game they showed replays but they struggled with it. They’d play the replay during a live play. It took too long to show it. Haven’t seen it since

• Haha
Laurel postponed their game with Delmar again with no word on if or when they will be able to play.

Someone needs to step up (DIAA? , Henlopen South?) and tell Laurel to play the game on their own field, find a neutral field, play at Delmar, or forfeit. Take your pick

Now that is messed up.. They could have played it last night all the other teams down that way did.. You have to think they have to take a fft.. Today is the last day of the reg season. Committee meets tomorrow to set the playoff teams, schedules and venues...

Go to Delmar to play or fft if their field is unplayable..

Last edited:
It listed as cancelled on WSFS

They going to claim Covid?

Laurel cancelled the game and DM has a contract so unless it is Covid related then DM should get a fft win

Last edited:
If it's a covid cancel then Delmar will have to get the football committee to vote for a minimum game waiver. Might be hard to get them to do it if you can't say it would get you in the tournament..

What a mess...

Simple solution...give DM the fft.. Conference declines sending a rep for autobid and let the points and tiebreakers decide..

The only bug a boo is if there is a covid situation then I am sure WB would not be willing to sit by letting DM get a fft..

https://www.laurel.k12.de.us/apps/news/show_news.jsp?REC_ID=685946&id=0

Positive covid test on Laurel....

DM is only team to miss 3 games, for never having a positive case...feel bad for the kids

Why didn't they just say that last night instead of the whole postpone, reschedule thing.. weird.

I see where he said it was this morning.. Why did they postpone last night then?

I assume this was posted today?

NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Laurel-Delmar Football Game Canceled

Hello Laurel Families, this is Dr. Larrimore with a very important message.

In the early hours of this morning, I learned that a member of our football team has tested positive for COVID-19.

Due to this positive case and possible related exposures, the Laurel-Delmar football game must be canceled.

Anyone who was in close contact with this individual—as determined by the Delaware Division of Public Health (DPH)—will be notified.

Thank you.

Shawn Larrimore, Ed.D.
Superintendent

Last edited:
They could have changed the game to Delmar/Woodbridge and settled the Henlopen South on the field.

But now that Woodbridge has already played, that's impossible.

They could have changed the game to Delmar/Woodbridge and settled the Henlopen South on the field.

But now that Woodbridge has already played, that's impossible.

True.. well providing Caravel would have been willing to give up the game. .They had a contract too and their kids wanted to play one more for sure the Seniors did.. WB would have had to fft to CA to play DM and you can't do that. Well you can but the fft would be the game of record the other would be just exhibition.. Maybe if you had a replacement game for CA they would play along. No way anyone could perceive this though

The point is moot I am sure Laurel wanted to play Delmar certainly the players did. So I don't think there is anything weird there.. Just a weird situation..

Last edited:
If it's a covid cancel then Delmar will have to get the football committee to vote for a minimum game waiver. Might be hard to get them to do it if you can't say it would get you in the tournament..

What a mess...

Simple solution...give DM the fft.. Conference declines sending a rep for autobid and let the points and tiebreakers decide..

The only bug a boo is if there is a covid situation then I am sure WB would not be willing to sit by letting DM get a fft..
Donna Polk has already adjusted two tournament's for too few games. Not an issue....

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT