ADVERTISEMENT

Week 9 Saturday scores

By my count, the most points Tatnall can finish with now is 30 (win vs. St. Andrews, Friends beats Tower to get to 9 wins)

St. Mark's has 28 already even with a loss at Sallies, they'll still get 2 there (Sallies get to 7 wins) and if St. Georges and DMA (9 with a win next week) and Caravel (7) win next week that's 3 more, which would equal 33. WOW.

Reactions: jwb703
Laurel is looking more like the 8-0 team vs Woodbridge today. Raiders have had some decent plays but can't put a drive together, and Laurel's O-Line is holding tough. Laurel also figured out not to punt the ball to Holden. Should be an interesting 2nd half.

Reactions: jwb703
Laurel has been a Jeckyl and Hyde team. They have speed to the outside and can beat you up physically. they just haven't had the consistency.

Laurel 7 WB 2 4:30 left to play....It only seems right if this score holds, a new building was dedicated in Mike Norton's honor today.

Friends up on Morrisville 35-0, so we can go ahead and congratulate the great Coach Tattersall on 300 wins.

Penn up 13-0 on Charter in the 2nd quarter

Woodbridge 10 Laurel 7 (Final) Heck of a good game played by both teams!!!
Thank you to 302sports for showing the game on the internet. Benny Mitchell and crew did a fine job on the broadcast.

Penn 30-0 on Charter, so barring a catastrophe this afternoon and next week against Delcastle, Penn will get to 9 wins, counts towards St. Georges, Middletown, Concord and Sallies' point totals.

This game is the best thing that could have happened to Woodbridge - make them fight through in a close one, come back late in the game. Coach Ennis had the perfect game plan, just fell a little short. Class act on his part to come out and check on Vessels when he got hurt late in the game

So anyone wanna do some quick math on the points to see where we're at in D1 and where we'll probably end up next week?

Looks like 4th-6th seeds are going to be some combo of Concord, Sallies, and Central? Or does Central's game against IR put them in jeopardy of dropping out for Appo? Are Concord and Sallies locked into the 4/5 seeds and heading towards a first round matchup? Sallies has to take care of St. Marks of course, may not be easy for them...

There is zero chance of Central losing to intra district little brother IR in week 10.

This game is the best thing that could have happened to Woodbridge - make them fight through in a close one, come back late in the game. Coach Ennis had the perfect game plan, just fell a little short. Class act on his part to come out and check on Vessels when he got hurt late in the game
Great game. Two very well coached defensive teams. And I agree, better for WB to see a tough game now compared to down the stretch. Perhaps Delmar can present some struggles for them next week.

Laurel has been a Jeckyl and Hyde team. They have speed to the outside and can beat you up physically. they just haven't had the consistency.
New coach new system and growing pains overall thoughts this team is on the rise. This may have been one of the cleanest games I have seen all year. I think there was less than 8 flags between both teams and 0 unsportsmanlike. They actually picked up two flags. Both teams very well coached.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
Laurel is the biggest front I have seen in person all season. They got a little tired at MIlford, but that is a team on the rise for sure.

So anyone wanna do some quick math on the points to see where we're at in D1 and where we'll probably end up next week?

Looks like 4th-6th seeds are going to be some combo of Concord, Sallies, and Central? Or does Central's game against IR put them in jeopardy of dropping out for Appo? Are Concord and Sallies locked into the 4/5 seeds and heading towards a first round matchup? Sallies has to take care of St. Marks of course, may not be easy for them...
Because of the bonus point central got from queen annes pretty sure only was appo can make the playoffs if sallies or central losing to st marks or IR. as long as central beat ir they will be tied on points if appo wins vs mount. Tiebreaker is head to head. They didn't play so it goes to opponents wins and right now I think central has like a 3-4 win lead.

Cape has more points than Appo by 4. EVERYONE in the playoff contention can lose and Appo would still not make it. The only other team that has a shot is Cape if Sallies and or Central lose. I'm sorry to burst everyone's bubble here but there is no hope for Appo.

Reactions: Jawnsky
Agreed! Between 4 of the teams that are in the playoffs, Smyrna, Middletown, Penn, and Concord Appo was out scored 30-180.

Cape has more points than Appo by 4. EVERYONE in the playoff contention can lose and Appo would still not make it. The only other team that has a shot is Cape if Sallies and or Central lose. I'm sorry to burst everyone's bubble here but there is no hope for Appo.

not true

Right now - Appo has 3 more pts than Cape

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT