ADVERTISEMENT

Woodbridge vs Dover

SwagDog

Varsity
Dec 20, 2013
So, was Dover's RB that good or did Woodbridge show why they are D2?
That's a whole LOTTA yards!

I think its a mixture of both. Peace is very hard to stop, especially for a smaller school with less athletes and depth than Dover.

I think its a mixture of both. Peace is very hard to stop, especially for a smaller school with less athletes and depth than Dover.
Just curious because I always read posts about how WB and a couple other downstate D2 schools would "do the same thing in D1."

Just curious because I always read posts about how WB and a couple other downstate D2 schools would "do the same thing in D1."
Very few D2 teams over the years can compete with the top 5-6 D1 teams. That should be a lesson. I don't even want to start hearing about St Marks and their line size if they keep winning and how they can compete. I'm just saying this before it's brought up .I do think that they may be the best team in D2 though.

Football is all about doing what you do best and stopping the other team from doing what they do best! Peace is a good back with good speed to take it to the house each time.

Woodbridge had some nice athletes but the difference in D1 and D2 is size and depth. Dover wore down Woodbridge. If Woodbridge had scored at the start of the 3rd quarter and push the game to 28-7, it would have been a different out come. They could have sit back and play a soft zone and just prevent any big plays.

I also was impressed with Woodbridge RB, doesn't have the break away speed Peace has but was running the ball tough between the tackle and moving the pile.

The Senators have a good team and will make some noise the year, but I would like to see them work on their passing game so they can more balanced.

Reactions: 84rider
St.Mark’s. has a very disciplined group of kids that are well coached, and the sky is the limit for what they are capable of accomplishing. You have to give credit where it is due if you are a true fan of the game. I have a kid that plays for Caravel and they were more aggressive and conditioned. We all have a long season ahead and anything can happen to any team.

Football is all about doing what you do best and stopping the other team from doing what they do best! Peace is a good back with good speed to take it to the house each time.

Woodbridge had some nice athletes but the difference in D1 and D2 is size and depth. Dover wore down Woodbridge. If Woodbridge had scored at the start of the 3rd quarter and push the game to 28-7, it would have been a different out come. They could have sit back and play a soft zone and just prevent any big plays.

I also was impressed with Woodbridge RB, doesn't have the break away speed Peace has but was running the ball tough between the tackle and moving the pile.

The Senators have a good team and will make some noise the year, but I would like to see them work on their passing game so they can more balanced.

This seems like a pretty accurate analysis. Woodbridge featured pretty much all two-way players, with Dover featuring practically none. That was definitely a factor in the second half.

Dover is more than just Peace. Magee will have success throwing the ball against most other teams. Woodbridge is strong on the back end and did a nice job in pass coverage at all levels. That, and not to mention the Dover D-Line that was very impressive.

Have to imagine both squads will make runs in their respective conferences and tourneys.

That was one person talking about the Woodbridge team 2 years ago that won the state title. They were comparing them to the top teams in D-1, everyone told them they were nuts at the time.

That was one person talking about the Woodbridge team 2 years ago that won the state title. They were comparing them to the top teams in D-1, everyone told them they were nuts at the time.
I was at that game the same day that Middletown played Smyrna. Woodbridge was way undersized to even compare to those 2 teams. That would have been a 40-50 point blow out. That team was very quick and athletic but would have no chance Vs either D1 team. Just a big physical mismatch. That might hold up in youth league competition but not the high school level. Those teams had size and high level skill positions.

I was at this game. Dover lost to this team last year. Both teams according to their rosters are made up of the same kids. You guys are the only board who are so fixated on this perceived big advantage of school size. Like you guys have two divisions in the state man not 6. I don’t know about the coaching adjustments made. But what I seen with my own eyes was a special night by Peace. He broke many tackles in the backfield for huge runs. Showed elite field vision, speed , and was the best player on the field. Sometimes special players take over. The division argument you guys have over and over is a joke. Your not looking at anything but numbers on a page. The game is played on the field.

I was at this game. Dover lost to this team last year. Both teams according to their rosters are made up of the same kids. You guys are the only board who are so fixated on this perceived big advantage of school size. Like you guys have two divisions in the state man not 6. I don’t know about the coaching adjustments made. But what I seen with my own eyes was a special night by Peace. He broke many tackles in the backfield for huge runs. Showed elite field vision, speed , and was the best player on the field. Sometimes special players take over. The division argument you guys have over and over is a joke. Your not looking at anything but numbers on a page. The game is played on the field.
We are not talking about Dover. They are D1 already. I'm comparing Middletown and Smyrna from the 2015 championship game and Woodbridge's team that played that same day. Woodbridge is D2. Dover I agree is a very formidable team this year. Woodbridge is not even close to Middletown's calibre.

I was at the game also, so why didn't Peace have a big first half? Yes, Peace is a special talent but they had him contained early. Woodbridge was keying on him that's when Magee broke a long touchdown. And if you didn't see the difference on the lines especially on defense you wasn't paying attention.

I went to the game just to look at Dover's line particularly #61 (UD Commit), have been watching Peace and Magee since 7th grade so I know what they bring to the table. What makes the different is when you have to sub how does the guy behind your starter, there was a major drop-off. Like I said Dover wore Woodbridge down and that when Peace went off.

Reactions: 8484ron
I was at the game also, so why didn't Peace have a big first half? Yes, Peace is a special talent but they had him contained early. Woodbridge was keying on him that's when Magee broke a long touchdown. And if you didn't see the difference on the lines especially on defense you wasn't paying attention.

I went to the game just to look at Dover's line particularly #61 (UD Commit), have been watching Peace and Magee since 7th grade so I know what they bring to the table. What makes the different is when you have to sub how does the guy behind your starter, there was a major drop-off. Like I said Dover wore Woodbridge down and that when Peace went off.

That Woodbridge team beat them last year. The rosters when compared to last year seem to be the same at many spots. Peace is coming into his own. That was the difference.

Yes, Jordan Magee was out last year, and Peace still put on a show! Kid has always been a gamer just needed some help and he has that this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT