ADVERTISEMENT

This Caruso kid is a class A competitor. The former state champ treats all of his opponents with the utmost respect, this kid is the definition of class. The kid who accused him of using a racial slur just copped out, trying to find a way to defend his punch on Caruso. I know Caruso isn't perfect, I've seen some of his matches, but sucker punching someone in the back of the head is classless and does not belong in highschool sports, or any level of sports for that matter.
Is this still a THING? Is there still a THERE there?

I'm just going to assume you weren't at the state tournament last year or at Cape for the dual in question if you really think he treats his opponents with respect. Or we have a totally different definition of the word respect.

I will take obnoxious behavior and bad sportsmanship over a sucker punch any day since one falls under the "sticks and stones" motto and the other could possibly cause an injury (i.e. concussion ~ hit to the back of the head). But then again, that's just my opinion.

Reactions: Edp445
well, i’m sure caruso is no choirboy, but the old standby of racial slur is a nice excuse for someone who lost their temper and took a swing. i’m hopeful for the day when there are no victim hierarchys and personal accountability for actions.

well, i’m sure caruso is no choirboy, but the old standby of racial slur is a nice excuse for someone who lost their temper and took a swing. i’m hopeful for the day when there are no victim hierarchys and personal accountability for actions.

You’re quick to assume the kid lied about the slur. No one will ever know but the Caruso kid has a documented track record of all kinds of unsportsmanlike things.

Reactions: Dahammer23
Funny @youjustme i usually don't give my opinion these days!
As for this topic it's run its course. We don't know if anything or what was said. Not a fan of publicly trashing kids. Both kids are getting beat up on here by what I'll assume are adults. Maybe move on and let the diaa handle it if anything needs to be done.

I think we just have to remember these are young teenagers at the end of the day and that we the "adults" should tackle the issue in the mature way of seeing the conflict from both sides and taking corrective action rather than jumping to sides and ridiculing high schoolers. Take it from a guy that use to get booed out of gyms, you can't solve conflict with more conflict. It is our responsibility as parents and coaches to set the example for the young guys taking the mat these days and finger pointing, ridiculing, and denial of the obvious doesn't help anything. Merry Christmas everyone. Looking forward to duel season!

What ever happened to “sticks and stones wil break my bones but words can never hurt me”?

I think it’s been replaced with “words and slurs disrespect me so I’ll bust a cap in your ass”

People care way too much what other people say or think these days. I know it’s a little off topic to some degree but I was brought up to do right and not care what folks think or say about me. Call me whatever slur you want. Who cares? By reacting you validate the idiots accusations or slurs
If you are ignorant enough to say a derogatory remark to someone you should be smart enough to expect a consequence.

If you are ignorant enough to say a derogatory remark to someone you should be smart enough to expect a consequence.

Of course he thinks words don’t matter, he was proud that his high school son said “f*ck Brad Meyers!!!” to Brad Myers for not picking Caravel to win a game. What a manly male, I tell you what.

You’re quick to assume the kid lied about the slur. No one will ever know but the Caruso kid has a documented track record of all kinds of unsportsmanlike things.

It's called passion, not poor sportsmanship. Caruso has a passion for the game and raw talent, and when you combine those two things kids get embarrassed. Again, as I stated in previous posts, I do not believe that Caruso used racial slurs. It would be near impossible for Caruso to rattle off a slur without the ref hearing it. I know Caruso isn't perfect but it would be a travesty to tarnish his career reputation with a false claim.

It's called passion, not poor sportsmanship. Caruso has a passion for the game and raw talent, and when you combine those two things kids get embarrassed. Again, as I stated in previous posts, I do not believe that Caruso used racial slurs. It would be near impossible for Caruso to rattle off a slur without the ref hearing it. I know Caruso isn't perfect but it would be a travesty to tarnish his career reputation with a false claim.
Was it passion at the state championship last year when he was talking to the coaches from Caesar Rodney while wrestling?

Mr C you're a good guy but you tried defending his actions at states last year under a different user name and now you're trying again. We don't like seeing the faults in our children.

@my
isn’t he a teammate?
Sparty, shhhh! I was laying low and just watching how this would play out. :) BTW, I wish this thread was removed. No one has ever called out my kids by thread title so I don't know how that would feel (I'd probably stick up for my son unless he was definitely in the wrong), but this subject has definitely run its course IMO.

Reactions: 84rider
@my
isn’t he a teammate?
No sorry. But nice try. Lmao. We had a routing interest back when the coaches son was the Caruso. I never even knew who Mr Caruso was until he ran on the mat during that match.

I couldn't believe that people actually try to figure out who others are on here. I'd imagine rivals may take issue with a moderator telling others who someone is on their boards. I had someone at a tournament talking to me accuse someone else of being me. I laughed and nodded at them. Lmao at some people!

I couldn't believe that people actually try to figure out who others are on here. I'd imagine rivals may take issue with a moderator telling others who someone is on their boards. I had someone at a tournament talking to me accuse someone else of being me. I laughed and nodded at them. Lmao at some people!

I don't pay attention to half of these accounts, they're probably highschool kids.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT