ADVERTISEMENT

2012 All State

Feb 27, 2012
Who do you guys think will be 1st team All-State this year? It's early to say, but I believe you can narrow it down it a select few. So, who do you think?

Attack-
Dillon Walker
Michael Pettit
Ryne Johnson/Connor Beatson

Midfield-
Bryan Garrahan
Sean Giampietro
Will Mette

Defense-
Stone Lieberman
Justin Verratti
Chase Cowan/Joe Oconnell/Brett Tracy

Goalie-
Davis Russel/Max Davis/Matt Barone

I'm giving the goalie spot to Barone- he's the senior and he plays for the best team. You never know though.

I'd have to agree with you again laxkeep. Those 3 attackmen minus Beatson are elite compared to the rest, but there are alot of attackmen out there that have something to prove. The midfield is definitely strong and you can even add Reeder from Sallies and even Seuffert aswell. THe defense would have to be Stone, Verrati and Tracy as of now but look for the last spot on first team to be wide open at the end of the year. Barone would be my choice of goalie because he won the state title last year and is continuing at Marquette, but look for Russell to make some noise this year. these predictions mean nothing now but at the end of the season look for these players photos in the News Journal.
This post was edited on 2/28 8:16 PM by DEPhenom72

I agree with both prior posts. With Phantom I would say the Defense is a given with the 3 you listed and the midfield is locked up with an exception of maybe one spot up for grabs. The attack spots will be interesting this year, any spot can be grabbed by any player. I would love to see a kid from a school outside Sallies/THS/Arch/Friends take a spot on first team, but like I said, any of the attack spots are up for grabs, there are no givens. Should be an interesting season and can't wait to see the outcome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT