ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Round 1 FNL scores.. opening night..

Delmar played their 2nd-3rd worst game of the season and still won by 2 TDs. Will have to clean it up before next week. Play like this again and their season is done.

Reactions: Rockem sockem
Nice to see the Henny go 4-0 tonight

Not a sudden change in D1. I think the HN has won the last 4 D1 FB titles. Sals should stay competitive. Flight A needs to be bailed out by Hodgson this year. Middletown will remain solid. Wm Penn needs to get back to their old ways. Also, when Newark moves back up to Flight A the year after next....I am hoping that Coach Jody Russell can help them regain their stature.

Long year for the Sals faithful. You are what you do.

Congrats Smyrna Eagles.
It's time for DiNardo and Salvo to exit gracefully. They can't adapt to spread football. Next year, the Sals should open the new stadium with a new staff and new energy. They will have experience, size, athleticism, and better team speed.

Concord had the best second half run of anybody in the state this year, nothing to be ashamed of.
Concord didn’t play any D1 playoffs teams the second half of the season. Concord played their cards correctly and got rid of all their D1 OOC opponents for D2 opponents. Concord ran away and hid from D1 opponents with their tails in between their asses. They exploited the DIAA point system. Going from a pathetic 1-9 to 6-4 with no solid D1 wins. Their best D1 win was against St. George’s who failed to make the playoffs. No their second half wasn’t great. Season total -113 to playoff teams both D1 and D2. Not even come back team of the year worthy. Absolutely pathetic.

Delmar played their 2nd-3rd worst game of the season and still won by 2 TDs. Will have to clean it up before next week. Play like this again and their season is done.

Delmar's offense kept the game close for Lake with two interceptions, one a pick six, and 5 fumbles, one at the 5 yard line. Delmar's defense played solid, only giving up one score outside of Lake's first 5 yard drive.

For those interested..

Elkton(MD) 55 Parkside (MD) 23

I watched some of this on NFHS.. Elkton runs their offense at a very quick tempo (much quicker than Smyrna) and they are fast (faster than Smyrna) They spread the ball to everyone but the Ewing kid (Morgan State commit) is electric. One of those players that looks like he can score anytime he touches the ball

HVT vs Elkton would be a great game...IMO

2A Final 8 after regionals

1 Douglass (11-0) v 8 New Town (8-3)
2 Elkton (11-0) v 7 Liberty (8-3)
3 North Caroline (11-0) v 6 Middletown (9-2)
4 Milford Mill (10-1) v 5 Potomac (10-1)

Last edited:
Reactions: APboy
Concord didn’t play any D1 playoffs teams the second half of the season. Concord played their cards correctly and got rid of all their D1 OOC opponents for D2 opponents. Concord ran away and hid from D1 opponents with their tails in between their asses. They exploited the DIAA point system. Going from a pathetic 1-9 to 6-4 with no solid D1 wins. Their best D1 win was against St. George’s who failed to make the playoffs. No their second half wasn’t great. Season total -113 to playoff teams both D1 and D2. Not even come back team of the year worthy. Absolutely pathetic.
Played Central tough.. Guess they suck too?

It's Rockem.. Soccer you know better lol

2xdsw5.jpg

Congrats Smyrna Eagles.
It's time for DiNardo and Salvo to exit gracefully. They can't adapt to spread football. Next year, the Sals should open the new stadium with a new staff and new energy. They will have experience, size, athleticism, and better team speed.
I'll believe it when I see it.

Played Central tough.. Guess they suck too?
Played tough, but did they win? What did you think was going to happen when they finally played a D1 playoff opponent? Loss like they did all season long. The team was not D1 playoff worthy. They worked the system. Good for them.

Played tough, but did they win? What did you think was going to happen when they finally played a D1 playoff opponent? Loss like they did all season long. The team was not D1 playoff worthy. They worked the system. Good for them.
Agreed but in 2019 there are only three true "playoff worthy" teams and they are Hodgson, Middletown & Smyrna. Salesianum and Concord clearly cannot compete with those three and while I don't think SC can either they should be in the mix as defending Champions.

For those interested..

Elkton(MD) 55 Parkside (MD) 23

I watched some of this on NFHS.. Elkton runs their offense at a very quick tempo (much quicker than Smyrna) and they are fast (faster than Smyrna) They spread the ball to everyone but the Ewing kid (Morgan State commit) is electric. One of those players that looks like he can score anytime he touches the ball

HVT vs Elkton would be a great game...IMO

2A Final 8 after regionals

1 Douglass (11-0) v 8 New Town (8-3)
2 Elkton (11-0) v 7 Liberty (8-3)
3 North Caroline (11-0) v 6 Middletown (9-2)
4 Milford Mill (10-1) v 5 Potomac (10-1)
I’m was at the Elkton game last night. They are indeed fast, the QB can really throw, and their receivers are great athletes. Hope they keep it going through their playoffs. Would love to see them vs Hodgson.

I’m guessing the anger comes from Dover not getting in?

If you're Howard and Caravel, you're encouraged because neither Woodbridge or Delmar has looked great tonight. Both are gonna come away with wins though and that's what counts this week and beyond.

Agree. Woodbridge had better clean up the penalty situation. I think they had 8 penalties in the first quarter alone. Most were avoidable. On almost every kick-off there were blocks in the back (and some were not called). I think they jumped offside at least 3 times and they were called for holding on obvious holding calls several times. Caravel will give them everything they can handle if WB repeats on the penalties.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT