ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Final Four Prediction

ReturnOfTheGate

All-Conference
Mar 13, 2018
After spending much of the week at the Diamond State Classic, the top four teams look to be:

Conrad
Sanford
St. E (will likely be a title fave once Mayo's back healthy)
and... Archmere. I really like their depth, scoring and defense and Dan Pisani's an excellent coach. Caravel's young, so they need that game experience and Archmere looked super tough against them Saturday.

Reactions: 89FanGuy
StE having a hot week. Best Archmere by 30+ and UA by 30+.
If they play as a team and play for each other they will win the title. The key for St E is will they defend? Will they play good team defense (and I don't mean zone defense)? If they do that they will be state champions.

If they play as a team and play for each other they will win the title. The key for St E is will they defend? Will they play good team defense (and I don't mean zone defense)? If they do that they will be state champions.

Have you guys see Sanford or Conrad play??? Not sure it’s that easy for st e.

Reactions: Hoopsdownstate5
Have you guys see Sanford or Conrad play??? Not sure it’s that easy for st e.
I have seen both teams twice this year. I think with Fatty being back she can be the difference. If she leads and let's her teammates help they will be tough to beat.

I have seen both teams twice this year. I think with Fatty being back she can be the difference. If she leads and let's her teammates help they will be tough to beat.
Pay attention to Sanford’s defense. I think that’s the difference maker. Nobody is playing defense like they are.

Reactions: ReturnOfTheGate
Pay attention to Sanford’s defense. I think that’s the difference maker. Nobody is playing defense like they are.

And the only team that can match St. E's depth is Sanford. St. E's bench has slightly more game experience, but the talent is equal.

Conrad is allowing 35.86 points per game while putting up 64.11 a game. They are tough.

Saw St. E at full strength against Caravel and while everybody's penciling in Sanford and or Conrad as champs, if the Vikings get hot now that everybody's healthy I think they have just as good a chance.

And give Caravel a year or two - their talent that's growing now could be the next dynasty.

Saw St. E at full strength against Caravel and while everybody's penciling in Sanford and or Conrad as champs, if the Vikings get hot now that everybody's healthy I think they have just as good a chance.

And give Caravel a year or two - their talent that's growing now could be the next dynasty.
St E is the most talented team 1-8. Their guard play is better than the other teams mentioned. The key for them is playing as a team and sharing the ball. If they do that they can be State Champs!

Lol.. Cape just better than Conrad.. Conrad just don't have the guards and Cape match there size easily.. Cape beat Conrad anywhere..
Cape should enter the tournament 17-3 and undefeated in-state, but to say they'd beat Conrad anywhere is just nonsense. Cape was clearly better on Friday night, but I think everyone here has seen Conrad play much better than this.

That said, the Vikings are really, really talented and have height that few teams can match. I question their depth; Rishko was the only non-starter to even get in the game on Friday.

Cape should enter the tournament 17-3 and undefeated in-state, but to say they'd beat Conrad anywhere is just nonsense. Cape was clearly better on Friday night, but I think everyone here has seen Conrad play much better than this.

That said, the Vikings are really, really talented and have height that few teams can match. I question their depth; Rishko was the only non-starter to even get in the game on Friday.
Not nonsense.. To be really honest.. I don't really see where Conrad so great.. Won against St. E without Mayo.. With Mayo they can beat Conrad.. Conrad not deep either. Only got sisters and big girl.. No true piont guard at all.. That's how Cannon from Cape.. Got whatever she wanted..

Reactions: J12
Sanford started 3 freshmen today and played without their top player kubeck. Still won 70-10. They are deep as well.

Not sure I’d agree with that. 2 of those freshmen would start for any of those top 5 teams right now with maybe the exception of st e because of Mayo. They played against a top New York team and a top Maryland team (their only two losses and in overtime) who would match up against every team here in Delaware. The New York team has the #13 ranked junior in the country and those young girls held their own. Now with games behind them, they ain’t playing like freshmen anymore.

Reactions: Hoopsdownstate5
And to add to that. They did start two of them against cape in a scrimmage. I know it was just a scrimmage but it didn’t go well for Cape.

I like Sanford and St. E over just about everyone in the field. Conrad has the talent, but Sanford and St. E have more role player depth and that's key when the whistles get more frequent and exhaustion becomes a factor.

Reactions: lbuzz29
Thought I said it was just a scrimmage and yes you can gain insight from that. Head to head they matchup pretty close. Starters on starters in that scrimmage they went at it with Sanford getting the best of them. The problem cape had was their bench didn’t match up with Sanford’s bench. Huge drop off. Same with Conrad. Sanford runs and runs and runs, you gotta substitute to keep up. Only bench I see that can do that is st e.

Thought I said it was just a scrimmage and yes you can gain insight from that. Head to head they matchup pretty close. Starters on starters in that scrimmage they went at it with Sanford getting the best of them. The problem cape had was their bench didn’t match up with Sanford’s bench. Huge drop off. Same with Conrad. Sanford runs and runs and runs, you gotta substitute to keep up. Only bench I see that can do that is st e.
Yea I agree Cape runs like 6 or 7.. Conrad really on has 3 to worry about.. Sanford and Cape starters about even.. Give you Sanford about 8 deep.. Cape stay out of foul trouble .. They will be fine.. Cape has a great starting 5..

Reactions: who_u_wit
I’ll take Sanford’s starting 5 over Cape any day. Cape is the closest team to matching that starting 5 but the dominance at center gives Sanford that edge. Now cape, 6-7 off the bench not even close sanford’s. Foul trouble or not I’m taking Sanford. Btw Sanford PG just got a d1 offer. On another note, just watched Conrad against archmere, Conrad won by 24 but didn’t look good at all. You can tell they were worried about the score being close cause they were still pressing with two mins left to get the lead up. Wasn’t impressed.

Some advice for lbuzz or should I say Lewis Pierce who’s daughter plays for Sanford. Allow your daughters and her teammates performance on the court to do the talking. No need for you to come on here and take shots at other teams. Saw you on twitter complaining about rankings. Headache parent like you are proving to be are all too common. It’s people like you that ruin it for the kids. Sit back and enjoy your daughters playing career and don’t be that parent.

I’ll take Sanford’s starting 5 over Cape any day. Cape is the closest team to matching that starting 5 but the dominance at center gives Sanford that edge. Now cape, 6-7 off the bench not even close sanford’s. Foul trouble or not I’m taking Sanford. Btw Sanford PG just got a d1 offer. On another note, just watched Conrad against archmere, Conrad won by 24 but didn’t look good at all. You can tell they were worried about the score being close cause they were still pressing with two mins left to get the lead up. Wasn’t impressed.

Reactions: bamee123
Some advice for lbuzz or should I say Lewis Pierce who’s daughter plays for Sanford. Allow your daughters and her teammates performance on the court to do the talking. No need for you to come on here and take shots at other teams. Saw you on twitter complaining about rankings. Headache parent like you are proving to be are all too common. It’s people like you that ruin it for the kids. Sit back and enjoy your daughters playing career and don’t be that parent.
Wow.. Lol.. Smh.. That's why ..

You may want to hold your horses on that nightmare parent comment. I’ve been to pretty much all the games for the past three years before my daughter even went to Sanford. I can’t have an opinion because she’s there? I’ve seen all these teams play, who they played and how they played. I’ve stated that Sanford is the only team in Delaware that has a wining record against teams outside of Delaware. All the other top teams have losing records. Now with fatty back for st e that changes as I stated before they are the deepest team. You got to be kidding me, I can’t have an opinion because of my daughter? That’s non sense. And on Twitter, I asked what was the determining factors for their rankings being that max preps AND Delaware online has Sanford first. So, don’t give me that crap when I’ve have a right to my opinion when I’ve been to these games, not just Sanford!

And for the record, I didn’t take a shot at any team, you may want to reread the comments. I said Conrad struggles last night against Archmere and pressed them with 2 mins left in the game. That wasn’t a shot, that was a fact. You see I watch all the games, not just Sanford.

Id pull for the public schools who don't recruit. The old neighborhood school model was best. Who monitors high school recruiting? Red Lion Christian got busted

Wait, your name says down state. Isn’t that why you were so pro cape?

you are correct hoopsdownstate is a Cape alum who played on the best high school basketball team in the history of 302. 75 & 76 state champs with 3 players and a coach all in the Delaware sports Hall of Fame. What do you have, just asking

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT