ADVERTISEMENT

2021 State Tournament Bracket

CBE0713

Water boy
May 22, 2018
187420579_10218921982456220_1294838680327151975_n.jpg

Not sure if I agree with some of the higher seeds but no sense in complaining. To be the best you will have to beat the best. Good luck to all the teams.

Reactions: 84rider
Not sure if I agree with some of the higher seeds but no sense in complaining. To be the best you will have to beat the best. Good luck to all the teams.
It's a points system that's pretty straight forward. 3 points for a win. 1 bonus point for playing a team above .500. 1 extra bonus point for playing a team above .700. Some wins can get you 5 points. Tally up the points, divide it by games played, and that's your points rating.

Reactions: baseballer46
It's a points system that's pretty straight forward. 3 points for a win. 1 bonus point for playing a team above .500. 1 extra bonus point for playing a team above .700. Some wins can get you 5 points. Tally up the points, divide it by games played, and that's your points rating.
Doesn't mean I agree with it.

Been the way the tournament operates for years. Should be a good overall tournament. Obliviously every year you have teams who should of been ranked higher or lower but at the end of the day that’s why they play the games. Anyone have any predictions?

I completely understand how the playoff system works. For argument sake, I was saying that I dont agree with some of the seedings. I know it's a point system but just how teams are playing at the end of the season gives me a different perspective. An opinion. Something for discussion......That being said I don't see a hot team down the stretch. All the top teams have stumbled at the end of the regular season. I thought Sussex Tech had a chance with the pitching they have but they don't score a lot of runs. I would love to be a homer and say SC. I think hey scored the most runs in the state and they are well coached. If their pitching holds up they could be a contender. But I will give the edge to St.Marks. Good all around team.

I agree both those teams have a shot! I really liked DMA from what I saw this year, I think they could be a problem for anyone. Teams outside of the top 5 I really like are Conrad and Appo. It sucks they might match up in the second round because both programs are great. I think Smyrna pulled a good draw, Odyssey should be a win and already beat Delmar could potentially match up with SC later on. Dover and Concord is going to a good second round match up if they handle McKean first. I’m a downstate guy, I hope one of those teams can pull it off but I truly believe there’s a hand full of teams that could win it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT