ADVERTISEMENT

2022 enrollment numbers

BackinBlack86

Top 100 Prospect
Oct 5, 2018
I will post them by district then order them..

Appo- 1484
Mtown- 1355 (down from 1771 in 2020)
Odessa- 917 (does not include Sr class 2023 enrollment est 1100-1200)

BWine- 950
Concord- 1014
Mt Pleasant- 1107

1 WPenn- 2239
2 CR- 2202
3 SC- 2039
4 Sallies (est 2000)
5 Cape- 1813
6 Smyrna- 1807
7 Dover- 1771

8 DelCastl- 1585
9 Appo- 1484
10 Mtown- 1355

11 S Tech- 1292
12 Milford- 1279
13 Poly- 1203
14 STG- 1153
15 Mt Pleasant- 1107
16 Newark- 1105
17 IR- 1088
18 HVT- 1061
19 Charter- 1029
20 Concord- 1014
21 Christiana- 972
22 BWine- 950
23 Odessa- 917 (9-11)

24 Glasgow- 895
25 Howard- 889
26 Seaford-879
27 Lake- 870
28 Dickinson-849
29 McKean- 825
30 Laurel- 749
31 WBridge- 723
32 Conrad- 698
33 AI- 680
34 Delmar- 670
35 DMA- 584
36 FSMA- 439
37 ECS- 389

There are 46 football playing schools.. List does not include the privates sans Sallies... Teams below the midline in enrollment can not be forced to move to 3A.

not listed- none would come close to the midline (917) except maybe St Marks

St Marks
Caravel
Red Lion
Archmere
St E
Friends
St A
TH
Tatnall

Bold is current 3A

Last edited:
You think Diaa can settle this in December? Their board meeting is before the championship. And that assumes they can get enough people to show up to the meeting

Why did Sussex Tech move down? They were good just a few short years ago.
ballers left and started staying at WB and Central instead of going there. Coach left too

I think new facilities/school building at those schools helped in that. Woodbridge and Central's rise up didn't come from nothing lol..

Reactions: DEfootballFan6
Special Ed=$ from the government. Colonial lets in a lot of students through choice that come in with serious paperwork. Just lines ADM's pockets. Plus, there's Dobbinsville...

Special Ed=$ from the government. Colonial lets in a lot of students through choice that come in with serious paperwork. Just lines ADM's pockets. Plus, there's Dobbinsville...
yeah folks would be surprised how many of the kids listed as special ed play ball. Special Ed isn't just used for mentally disabled kids at least as most may think of Special Ed. Special Ed is used for kids that might have a hard time with reading, dyslexia, ADHD, have fallen behind academically or other social issues. etc.. not just at Penn but a lot of the schools. Like you said there is funding in that

Reactions: Huskerman7
You think Diaa can settle this in December? Their board meeting is before the championship. And that assumes they can get enough people to show up to the meeting

There is a realignment subcommittee headed by Jed Bell that is handling this. DIAA just has to vote it in when they propose it,..

Reminder of how they will determine the movement this rebalancing period for school years 2023-2024 and 2024-2025

3A

In order to determine which team from 2A will move up to 3A the following steps will be taken

1. District 2A schools will be contacted to see if any team is interested in voluntarily moving up. The interested team will need to complete the application for reclassification

2. If no team is interested in voluntarily moving up, we would use data from the first two seasons of the current re-alignment (combining enrollment and record over the two year period) to identify potential teams for moving up. The proposed formula would be 50% enrollment and 50% record.

3. Once teams are identified, a final team will be selected to move up.

4. No team who is the bottom half of enrollment amongst the 46 teams would be forced to move up. They may however apply to move.

2A

In order to determine which teams from 2A will move down to 1A the following steps will be taken

1. Combining the final regular season records from 2021 and 2022 the teams with the lowest in classification winning percentage will be identified.

2. The two teams with the lowest in classification winning percentage will be suggested to move down.

3. If a team from 1A is interested in moving up to 2A, the team with the third lowest winning percentage would be suggested to move down.

4. No teams who have an above .500 winning percentage or have qualified for the playoffs will be considered to move down.

1A

In order to determine any teams from 1A who want to move up to 2A the following steps will be taken

1. 1A teams wanting to move up a classification will need to complete the application for reclassification

2. If more than one team is interested in moving up we will evaluate the teams and movement of classes to find the best fit

SO let's assume St Marks is not in the top half of enrollment of the 46 and no team under the mark including them is willing to go up..

So we would look at 2A teams in top half of enrollment assuming they wont bounce a team from 1A to 3A

50/50

Tech 1292 *6-4, 4-6 (10-10)
Milford 1279 3-6, 3-7 (6-13)
Mt Pleasant 1107 5-4, 4-5 (9-9)
Newark 1105 *5-5, *7-3 (12-8)

All 4 of these schools are currently D1 in all other sports
*playoffs
enrollment

*Keep in mind when this was all proposed DMA was asking to go up according to most reports

SO make the argument should it be Tech or Newark that goes up? Go with the slightly better record or enrollment?

I say Tech. Newark's record is vs weaker competition.. but personally I think DMA should be made to go if they did indeed say they wanted to when the proposal was made. Let them take their lumps.

Last edited:
1 WPenn- 2239
2 CR- 2202
3 SC- 2039
4 Sallies (est 2000)
5 Cape- 1813
6 Smyrna- 1807
7 Dover- 1771

8 DelCastl- 1585
9 Appo- 1484
10 Mtown- 1355

11 S Tech- 1292
12 Milford- 1279
13 Poly- 1203
14 STG- 1153
15 Mt Pleasant- 1107
16 Newark- 1105
17 IR- 1088
18 HVT- 1061
19 Charter- 1029
20 Concord- 1014
21 Christiana- 972
22 BWine- 950
23 Odessa- 917 (9-11)

24 Glasgow- 895
25 Howard- 889
26 Seaford-879
27 Lake- 870
28 Dickinson-849
29 McKean- 825
30 Laurel- 749
31 WBridge- 723
32 Conrad- 698
33 AI- 680
34 Delmar- 670
35 DMA- 584
36 FSMA- 439
37 ECS- 389

There are 46 football playing schools.. List does not include the privates sans Sallies... Teams below the midline in enrollment can not be forced to move to 3A.

not listed- none would come close to the midline (917) except maybe St Marks

St Marks
Caravel
Red Lion
Archmere
St E
Friends
St A
TH
Tatnall

Bold is current 3A
As all the scholars know, the Sals #'s are doubled as they are a single gender school. I think the current enrollment number is in the 900's.

My daughter is considered special Ed with ADHD and she's a lot smarter than I'll ever be. Decent soccer and cross country athlete as well.
I periodically take meds for adult ADHD. My friends tell me I cover like 3 topics in one sentence.

By the nature of my posts, you guys probably know when I am not taking my meds.

Reactions: 84rider
As all the scholars know, the Sals #'s are doubled as they are a single gender school. I think the current enrollment number is in the 900's.
Their official DIAA enrollment numbers (2020) for the 2021 realignment was 1490 boys x 2 for 2980

I used 2000 just as a place holder for my list but that would be a huge drop from 1490 to 900 some in two years. Maybe St Marks is getting a cut?

Last edited:
Their official DIAA enrollment numbers (2020) for the 2021 realignment was 1490 boys x 2 for 2980

I used 2000 just as a place holder for my list but that would be a huge drop from 1490 to 900 some in two years. Maybe St Marks is getting a cut?

Where did they come up with a number like 1490? The actual number is closer to 950. Even at its largest, Salesianum did not have 1500 students. We had about 1200 when I was there years ago, and all I ever saw was George Glenn's rush left, rush center, rush right, punt.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Where did they come up with a number like 1490? The actual number is closer to 950. Even at its largest, Salesianum did not have 1500 students. We had about 1200 when I was there years ago, and all I ever saw was George Glenn's rush left, rush center, rush right, punt.
Couldn't tell tell you but DIAA gets the numbers from them. Maybe they have a bunch of Special Eds or kids that count from somewhere. I know they had a boost in enrollment when they got that Abessinio dough to use for financial aide and scholarships right about that time as well as St Marks numbers were at its lowest. Their financial aide and scholarship money they give out (over 2 mil a year) is double what they gave out 10-12 years ago per their website.

Doesn't really matter though if they count as 2000 or 3000 they are 3A or D1 no matter what

on this page click DIAA classification enrollment count-summary link

This count consists of all students who, if eligible, would participate at that school, including special needs students. Single gender schools have their total enrollment doubled to determine their final enrollment number

Is there a homeschool program or some kind of outreach school Salesianum is connected with that their kids would play for Sallies in any sport or something like that? That would explain the number

Last edited:
The number is incorrect but as somebody said...it doesn't make a difference for classification purposes. My son in law says it is like 950 with the goal of hitting 300 per class.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
@Uncle Bumfuzzled @fanoffootball123 @DoItWrite So where do you guys think the additional numbers for the DIAA count are coming from? They are getting added in from somewhere.

Could have been a typo in collection or transference of data I suppose and the number was really 1049 instead of 1490 or something like that. Sals just maybe never bothered to have it corrected being it didn't really matter as far as classification. Or they don't even know that is what DIAA has posted. That's all plausible.

Last edited:
yeah folks would be surprised how many of the kids listed as special ed play ball. Special Ed isn't just used for mentally disabled kids at least as most may think of Special Ed. Special Ed is used for kids that might have a hard time with reading, dyslexia, ADHD, have fallen behind academically or other social issues. etc.. not just at Penn but a lot of the schools. Like you said there is funding in that
This is actually an argument that was used by Dover w/unified sports the last cpl years….hence why they started winning titles all the time haha….I wish I was kidding….winning must be really important there.

ballers left and started staying at WB and Central instead of going there. Coach left too

I think new facilities/school building at those schools helped in that. Woodbridge and Central's rise up didn't come from nothing lol..
They capped enrollment at ST and put in a "true lottery". Gone are the days when ST would blatantly recruit from every school around and deny doing it. That is the biggest reason for them not being competitive.

They capped enrollment at ST and put in a "true lottery". Gone are the days when ST would blatantly recruit from every school around and deny doing it. That is the biggest reason for them not being competitive.

Did not know this. Thanks for posting this factoid and yes that (true lottery systems) certainly curbs a Tech schools abilities to build certain sports up. Same thing happened to Eastern VoTech (Essex, MD) when they started winning state championships in baseball and football BCPS (Baltimore County Public Schools) took control of the lottery system. I am friends with the former baseball HC there and he told me they (him and the football coach) would circle with a red pen the names of the kids on the application list that they wanted to get in. They started winning big, people cried foul, then BCPS took that over and boom game was over. lol

Reactions: proudscfan
ST flooded the school a couple years ago to around 1600 kids because they were trying to force the state to build them a brand new massive school that would hold around 2000 kids so they could rule the state in everything. People caught on and they were put in their place. Cap on attendance and a true lottery. Notice how Laurel, Seaford, Woodbridge and SC are doing better?(Central was winning despite losing a handful of stud athletes.) .......I believe ST is still building a new school, just not the massive one they wanted.

The reason for Sallies large number in BiB’s post is that DIAA doubles single sex schools for enrollment purposes to identify what division they are in. Padua has 700/800 students which put them in DI sports when there is a classification (soccer, track, CC,FH) and UA is still in DII because of lower enrollment.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT