ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Preseason Rankings

Edp445

Mascot
Dec 20, 2017
Well, things are slow so I thought I’d toss this out there. What are the top squads looking likeI’ll drop my list below

1. Sals - Reigning state champs, looked a little weaker than usual last year but until proven otherwise they’re the team to beat. They’re getting back a lot of guys from last year so look out for them.

2. Cape - Lost a lot of talent but they’re always in the mix. Hank D’ambrogi is returning along with Forcucci so they should be solid.

3. Milford - Lost Hajeck, who will undoubtedly be tearing it up at Salisbury, which is a monumental loss that cannot be understated. But return alot of talent that flew under the radar last year.

4. Sanford - Lost a ton of talent. Tucky and Boyardee are legit. Still a great team.

5. DMA - Gritty, blue collared squad that makes up in attitude what they lack in basic lacrosse IQ and stick skills.

Should be a great year!

A lot of playing time for younger guys last year at CR, I think they will be a decent team

Reactions: Edp445
Terrible list. Obviously a clown account of some sort. Maybe if you knew anything about lacrosse you would put Sussex Academy on the list but it’s clear you don’t know anything. Milford and DMA shouldn’t be near top 5 when CR and SAAS belong there. Follow up, who is the best player in the state this year? I think it’s Devon Lucky from Sanford.

Reactions: 84rider
Terrible list. Obviously a clown account of some sort. Maybe if you knew anything about lacrosse you would put Sussex Academy on the list but it’s clear you don’t know anything. Milford and DMA shouldn’t be near top 5 when CR and SAAS belong there. Follow up, who is the best player in the state this year? I think it’s Devon Lucky from Sanford.
DESports22, grow up….

1) Sallies - Offense is absolutely loaded with senior middies and attack. D has a sophomore probably one of the best in the state. A sophomore attack that might be best in the state. Little to no drop off at FOGO. Team is loaded only real question is LSM and G.
2) Cape - Lost some serious offense but tons of talent in with 2 or 3 younger offensive kids and the two really good sr's. D could be the weak link but goalie, LSM and FOGO are all damn good.
3) Sanford - Good LSM, good left attack, leading scorer in the state returning and and 2 good FR FOGO and a G
4) Archmere - Good young team, 3 really good D, a few sophomore offense players will be score a ton.
5) Appo - 3 or 4 senior offense players will score a ton, good goalie and and a bunch of real solid FR including 2 or 3 that will start. D was problem last year but a few good returning poles, added 2 good D that transferred in and G is a SR and pretty good
6) CR - Great FR class with top 3 or 4 FOGO in Briggs. Good returning talent.
7) Tower Hill - two senior players on offense that will score in bunches.
8) Sussex Academy - Great season last year, weak schedule caught them in the tournament but they good talent and will be a year older.
9) DMA - Always talented has some good young D a few older offense that will scorer and Added top 3 or 4 FOGO
10) Caravel - Good lefty attackman, good goalie one of the best LSM in the state. Darkhorse team will make the playoffs and hopefully get first playoff win ever.

All some what irrelevant, only way Cape and Sallies don't play each other in title game is if they wind up on the same side of the bracket.

For player of the year I will say Colin Campbell. Driggs, McGovern, Lucky, Dambrogi, etc all could easily win it too. A dark horse is Nurry from Sallies - young kid but an absolute animal.

Should be a good year, like Cape and Sallies playing more OOS some great games to watch and hopefully CR, Archmere, Appo, etc all return to being better teams then the past year or 2.

Reactions: 84rider
1) Cape Henlopen - watch out for fritchman on the X.
2) Sals - they will be ok, but Cape will own the faceoff which is why I ranked them higher.
3) Sanford - solid team returns from last year reloaded, not rebuilt from loss of seniors.
4) Archmere - they are going to be solid a few years.
5) CR - this team was a sleeper last year. Not as strong as CR teams in the past, but this year will be much better.
6) DMA - sound athletes with skill. Make up for lack of experience with that athleticism.
7) Tower Hill - a timeless classic.
8) Smyrna - I think they should be higher on the list, and I hope Coach Z has some henlopen conference upsets. Smyrna has a feeder program in SCYLA which should be just about high school age.
9) Tatnall - they will find a way to win 10 games this season.
10) Sussex Academy - lost all leading scorers to graduation and transfers but have an all state defense. Will find themselves back in the Henlopen championship losing to cape.

after that there a few schools that will upset the top 10. Dover can always shake up rankings especially facing Cape, Smyrna, and CR. Caravel will always be in the mix but did not make the playoffs last year. Don’t sleep on these teams: Newark Charter, Appo, Wilmington Friends, Delmar, and Charter School of Wilmington.

Reactions: Tarzan79
1) Cape Henlopen - watch out for fritchman on the X.
2) Sals - they will be ok, but Cape will own the faceoff which is why I ranked them higher.
3) Sanford - solid team returns from last year reloaded, not rebuilt from loss of seniors.
4) Archmere - they are going to be solid a few years.
5) CR - this team was a sleeper last year. Not as strong as CR teams in the past, but this year will be much better.
6) DMA - sound athletes with skill. Make up for lack of experience with that athleticism.
7) Tower Hill - a timeless classic.
8) Smyrna - I think they should be higher on the list, and I hope Coach Z has some henlopen conference upsets. Smyrna has a feeder program in SCYLA which should be just about high school age.
9) Tatnall - they will find a way to win 10 games this season.
10) Sussex Academy - lost all leading scorers to graduation and transfers but have an all state defense. Will find themselves back in the Henlopen championship losing to cape.

after that there a few schools that will upset the top 10. Dover can always shake up rankings especially facing Cape, Smyrna, and CR. Caravel will always be in the mix but did not make the playoffs last year. Don’t sleep on these teams: Newark Charter, Appo, Wilmington Friends, Delmar, and Charter School of Wilmington.
Agree with most of this with a few small changes but in the end think you have the final 4 right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT