ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Round Playoff Predictions?

midstatesports

Towel boy
Feb 27, 2017
Cape Vs. Glasgow: Very interesting match up can go both ways but cape's first game w/ out Randy glasgow guards win the game for them i believe im choosing Glasgow in an Upset.
St. Georges Vs. St. Es: St. Es will be more prepared for bones this time however he will still get his team to the Bob St. Georges will win.
Penn Vs. CR: One of the best games to be at both teams athletic and have great basketball players, however believe Penn's defense and discipline will win them this game.
Caravel Vs. Lake: Will be an intresting game but Lake giving up 53 points to Christiana made my decision, Caravel Offense will beat Lake.
Sallies Vs. Dover: Another one of my Upset games, i believe dover athleticism will beat sallies but can go either way. Im picking Dover.
Sanford Vs. St. Marks: Sanford talent wins game.
Smyrna Vs. Woodbridge: woodbridge has lost to smyrna every game this year, don't see them winning again. Smyrna wins
Sussex Tech Vs Mount: Fahmir controls the game depending on how he plays will be the outcome of the game, im taking mount to win.

Good list but I like St. E in the 9 vs 8 matchup. Like you said they ready for bones this time around. And it depends how well Fahmir controls the game. But I like Sussex Tech over Mount too. I also like Ian Robertson and Cape to win this game. #1 seed still but we'll see how important Randy is to them

Reactions: _TK44 and Dhodgecuz
Glasgow guards will be on lockdown. This aint no regular season game. Dont need Rickards for this one... Chandler and Robertson will be enough....

Dover has the guards but nothing inside... Sallies has advantage inside with Brown brothers... Simple alls Dover has to do is full court press Sallies guards and they will turnover ball all game long.. Tech applied pressure on them and it was turn over city.. Dover by 3...

Last edited:
Cape is going to barely get by Glasgow, but they have won big time games this year by 4 or less they know what to do in those situations.
I like St Georges to knock of St E's
Penn is back at full force and should beat C.R
Upset Lake beats Caravel. Think they put Hoskins on Parker and they go head to head
I like Dover to beat Sallies if they put pressure on the guards like Tech did, if they don't its going to be a long night for them
Sanford beats St. Marks even though I really want St. Marks to win this game and I think they can if they hold Davis under 10.
Smyrna handles woodbridge again. The conference championship showed how that game will go
Sussex Tech vs Mount I believe is the best match up of Thursday. I think if Mount had Kramer they could pull this one off but without him I don't belive Ali is enough against that pressure of Sussex Tech and I think they hold on for a 6 or so point win

Reactions: _TK44 and 84rider
Glasgow upsets #1 Cape 51-47

St. George’s lives at the Bob

Shaft Clark and Robinson carry CR to victory

Lake beats Caravel

Sallies over Dover (best 3 young guards in state) I just have ZERO faith in Wilson coaching abilities

Sanford (will cut down the nets)

Smyrna keeps rolling

S. Tech spanks Mt. (will upset Smyrna at Bob)

Reactions: _TK44
Cape is at home and I think this will be the difference. The big boy from Glasgow needs to play well and stay out of foul trouble for them to stay in it. Cape by 10.

In first game, St George jumped out to something like 18-4 lead against St E. Vikings steadied after that but couldn't overcome start. They'll be ready this time. St E by 6.

Penn needs to play way better than the Mount game. They hopefully get Harding back and don't lose someone else. They have enough to beat CR by 8.

Haven't seen Lake, but don't see them beating experienced Caravel squad even without Alderman. Bucs by 15.

Dover is too inconsistent for Sallies. The Dover guards will score but turn it over too. Expect big and loud crowd at the Berk. Sals by 12.

St Marks will play hard and be competitive but Sanford is too big and pulls away. Sanford by 15.

Smyrna warms up for the Bob. Beats the Bridge by 20.

Mount coming off nice win in BH championship game and Round 1 but they get a bad matchup in Round 2. They could beat most of the teams in this round but not Tech at home. Tech by 14.

Why’s everyone doubting Parker and Caravel? Koy will put up 25+ on everyone like he did last year in the playoffs. They’re a experienced team and will be hard to put out of the playoffs.
My picks
Cape
Smyrna
Penn
StG
Caravel
Sallies
Mount
Sanford

My picks:

-Cape (can they adjust without Rickards???) Chandler has to come to play)

-St.Gs (close one but bones effect)

-Penn (will be the closest game)

-Lake (my upset if Lake shows up)

-Sallies (close early but rebounding will hurt Dover)

-Sanford (size)

-Smyrna (hope Woodbridge wins though)

-Tech (defense, & home)

Reactions: 84rider and jvm3
Why’s everyone doubting Parker and Caravel? Koy will put up 25+ on everyone like he did last year in the playoffs. They’re a experienced team and will be hard to put out of the playoffs.
My picks
Cape
Smyrna
Penn
StG
Caravel
Sallies
Mount
Sanford
Coaches have to let Parker do what he does. Get buckets.

I haven't seen Lake to make a proper assessment, but I have seen Koy Parker and know that he's up there with Bones in terms of being hard to stop. The role players around him are relentless too, so if Lake wins, they'll have played near their best to do it.

I don't think Glasgow has enough to beat Cape even without Rickards.

St. E impressed me with their composure/discipline against a rowdy Newark squad. They have more scorers than St. Georges, but as we know, Bones gets enough buckets for two or three players. Any help and St. Georges wins easily. If he's having an off night, could go the other way.

Penn was my tournament dark horse and even after a less than stellar effort against Mount in the BHC, I can't back off them now. CR has size and talent, but are they ready for that defense? Gut says no.

Dover at Sals? Everything about this says Sals should win. So I'll take Dover in the upset.

If Mount can finish at the rim, they can beat Sussex Tech. If they rely on jumpers like they did against Penn, Tech's gonna run them out of the gym. Should be a better game than we expect, but I'll take Tech.

St. Mark's frustrated Red Lion. They won't frustrate a Stan Waterman-coached team.

Woodbridge needs everything going their way to beat Smyrna, which means it ain't happenin.

I haven't seen Lake to make a proper assessment, but I have seen Koy Parker and know that he's up there with Bones in terms of being hard to stop. The role players around him are relentless too, so if Lake wins, they'll have played near their best to do it.

St. E impressed me with their composure/discipline against a rowdy Newark squad. They have more scorers than St. Georges, but as we know, Bones gets enough buckets for two or three players. Any help and St. Georges wins easily. If he's having an off night, could go the other way.

Penn was my tournament dark horse and even after a less than stellar effort against Mount in the BHC, I can't back off them now. CR has size and talent, but are they ready for that defense? Gut says no.

Dover at Sals? Everything about this says Sals should win. So I'll take Dover in the upset.

If Mount can finish at the rim, they can beat Sussex Tech. If they rely on jumpers like they did against Penn, Tech's gonna run them out of the gym. Should be a better game than we expect, but I'll take Tech.

St. Mark's frustrated Red Lion. They won't frustrate a Stan Waterman-coached team.

Woodbridge needs everything going their way to beat Smyrna, which means it ain't happenin.
I pretty much agree.. Tech will beat Mount... Tech will force ball out of Ali hands with they press.. Tech by 7.. Caravel to me is not good at all..Lake shouldnt have no problems if they come to play.. I can easily see 5 teams from Henlopen at Bob and 3 out 4 in the final 4...

I pretty much agree.. Tech will beat Mount... Tech will force ball out of Ali hands with they press.. Tech by 7.. Caravel to me is not good at all..Lake shouldnt have no problems if they come to play.. I can easily see 5 teams from Henlopen at Bob and 3 out 4 in the final 4...
? Caravel has the same team from last year but actually are better, so all these teams got that much better? If I recall they were 1 of the last 2 teams playing last year. So I assume they just got lucky last year

Ali doesnt play point guard for them

So we think Cape is a good team WITHOUT Rickards?

Bradshaw, Evans and McDowell will have the Cape faithfull upset on their short ride home.

Glasgow upsets Cape

CR squeaks past Penn

Caravel wins

Dover stuns Sallies

Bones will be at the Bob

Woodbridge shocks the world and upsets Smyrna (i can dream right)

Sanford just too big

Tech wins (Damon Ayers was my pick for coach of the year)

Hoopsdownstate2 is just on here typing , he probably never seen mp play this year.
Its call video.. @Patcomic posted videos all the time.. How about you take a look.. He posted Mount games a few times... You dont have to play piont guard to get trapped.. I know Ali not playing piont.. When ever he touches the ball .. Just trap him and it will be easy time for Tech..

Reactions: 84rider and J12
Cape - Cape has enough to beat Glasgow even without Rickards & if he comes back for the quarterfinals then they march right into the semis easily in that bracket; question is what will they do about Rickards if they do win as far as allowing him to be able to play Saturday in the quarterfinals...I hope they are not holding off on making that decision to see if they get the W today to give them leverage w/ that whole situation

St.E’s - can’t see St. E’s allowing one-man to beat them in the tournament this go-round but they better not let Hyland erupt for 39 again

CR - CR has a good shot if they press & create turnovers but if Harding is playing & Wiliam Penn is at full strength it will be a tough out

Lake Forest - I like how they have been playing lately but they will have to contain Parker...Starke is a good coach & should have a game plan to do so

Sallies - I want to see Dover win this one but Sallies discipline & size advantage will be hard to get by. If Dover can force turnovers & hit shots though they have a chance.

Sanford - simply too much talent for St. Mark’s to handle

Smyrna - Woodbridge will need another big game from Corbin for the upset & if they don’t get it this one could get ugly

Sussex Tech - Tech won’t allow a one-man team to beat them although I do like Sneh Mount goes as Ali goes & that pressure D at home is no joke

Cape- Just an overall better basketball and good looking team. Glasgow has one good looking player but cape definitely has a handsome team

St. Es- I said it once and I’ll say it again... you cannot stop chop!

Carvel- who on Lake forest is named after a fish?

Dover- This game is early and won’t alllow the Browns to get their pregame cuddle time and have you seen number 30? The kid is beyond ugly.

St. Marks- Nick Leski is to handsome and skilled at the sport for Sanford to handle

Woodbridge- as we learned from the cape game, Smyrna doesn’t like to fight.

Mount- Fahmir Ali has to much gerth for Sussex Tech

Its already done deal.. If Cape wins tonight.. Iam 100% Rickards will be playing Saturday. . Done deal ..

Its already done deal.. If Cape wins tonight.. Iam 100% Rickards will be playing Saturday. . Done deal ..
Well in that case they have a lot riding on tonight because I don’t St. E’s or St. G’s beating them in the quarterfinals if they get that W tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT