ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Round

Outofstate12

Mascot
Apr 10, 2014
Thoughts on 2nd round?

Sallies /Tower Hill will be a good game, since TH didn't play Sallies in reg season, this is were the fans will get nasty (based on past history), not sure the coaches will be able to keep them in ck. also no love lost between DuPont/healy. Would be nice if TH won

I think CR/Appo will be interesting as well as Cape /Archmere
St. Marks beat Middletown in reg season, I think they can pull off another win

"Would be nice if TH won"
Nice for who ? Nice if Aaron Hernandez wasn't in jail, everything's nice for someone. If they win they'll have earned it, Sals doesn't give much away. More likely that the clock runs IMHO.

Easy there!
Was just making a statement that it would be nice if ANOTHER team made it to the next round
Nothing was said or implied that it wouldn't be because they didn't earn it or deserve it
I think ALL teams that have made it this far DESERVE it and have earned their spot
RELAX!
This post was edited on 5/22 12:31 PM by Outofstate12

Hiller people you ran away during regular season, but than God intervened and you received draw you did not want. Judgment day Saturday May 24 ,2014. It is fine to hope the little hillers win but may I suggest you return to reality and look at facts. Hiller schedule soft lost to Kennett , Petite only player on TH who would start for Sallies, no junior or senior on TH would see field [maybe to help cut it sorry hillers stole your line] . Reality is out of state 12 you have better chance swimming to Europe towing a barge than TH has on judgment day. Sallies will score around 16 goals because Healy will not allow them to do what they could. If he cut them loose they easily could put up 30 . I do not advocate running up the score unless those few big mouthed cowardly tower parents who hide in their crowd start saying the nasty things they are know they should go for 40 The parents know who they are and should take the beating with their mouth shut

I struggle with typing and cant see maybe I will try the caps thing. Wooden stick maybe you need to try caps, it would reduce stress and make it easier on you. Seriously, good luck with new pills hope they give you balance and peace you seek.

wow you all need to chill
I wont use caps or punctuation to be on your level
first I never said I was a hiller fan
I was merely stating that it would be nice to see another team in the #1 spot that means progress on a state level and not a concentration in one school
I am not doubting sallies experience and level of play on the field
I agree petit is probably their best player
judgement day as you call it shouldn't really be judgement day If th isn't a threat
and as far as the parents hiding in the crowd what are you doing hiding in a forum

I think the 4 best teams in the state will make the final 4: Sallies, Cape , Saint Marks, and CR. I think that the Sals will get to a running clock if they keep the starters in. Tower Hill is the last in-state team to beat the Sals and the Sals were heavy favroties in that game as well so anything could happen. (Not likley but hey, that's why we play the games.) Tower Hill has no where near the talent they had in 2010 but besides Petite who is exceptional they have Martell on D who could start for the Sals. For arguments sake the three starting D poles on the Sals "may" be better but they certainly wouldn't notice a difference if Martell was in there.

Also the other night, Coach DuPont was scouting the Sals DMA game and the Sals coaches and coach DuPont seemed to be having a very pleasant, animated conversation before the game. They looked more like friends than anything else. Doesn't see to be any animosity there. Just an observation.

MagPie...I will share my medication and my glasses with you.

Actually, in 2010, Sals was not heavily favored. Sals won the regular season 11-7 - the championship was considered a toss-up. It was an exciting game! Would be nice to see one of those again - but we won't this year.

Agree with Pettit's ability and we'll see Saturday against Freibott. The TH defense will struggle against the speed of the Sals midfield and off ball movement of the attack - no way they can run with them and their zone will be easily split. My guess, and based on last night's display, 44 will also spend an enjoyable afternoon in the penalty box.

Out of state seems to be a little confused . Didn't take your post to be from hiller. Do not think there is problem between DuPont and Healy. Only problem exists is that sallies and other schools parents are sick of a few TH parents yelling things like you will be cutting our grass . As to hiding in a forum, my phone number is 610 212 8240 , I have nothing to hide . My comments about the hiller parents are based on watching my son play for sallies for 4 years and be insulted by parents hiding [yes hiding] who would not have the guts to open their mouths outside their little world.

610? Would that be from Pennsylvania? Nothing against sallies or coach Healy but I'd like to see the DE state championship won by Delaware players.

With that being said I wish all the teams left in the tourney luck as they have all worked their tails off to get where they are, regardless if what state they learned to play in!

Woodenstick I will concede that the Sals were not "heavy" favorites in 2010 but they were definitely favored. At least I favored them. (For whatever that's worth.) The Sals lost by 1 goal to Malvern and Worchester Prep that year and dominated the rest of the schedule pulling the starters during most games. I am sure you were at both TH games. That first game was not as close as the final score and Sallies had the championship game won. Still can't believe what happened but the Sals had possession in the attack with well under a minute to play and a kid from Sallies stepped over the mid line for off sides. TH gets the ball back and scores almost immediately to force overtime. Never seen anything like it.

In any event I never cut the grass for any Tower Hill parents when I was a kid, but I "did" deliver their newspapers which I was reminded of when I played against them. Aw the good ol days.

Trust me I am far from confused

I have been to many a lax game in my day and am well aware of the happenings around me

I have heard the comments from the TH fans as well

I had also heard TH coaches rant about not playing Sallies every again, hence the reason no regular season play. Of course they were civil on the sidelines.

As far as hiding in a forum, you are degrading players just the same, "Could never make a Sallies team"

So what you're really saying is that if you don't play for sallies you're not good enough!

No different than TH fans yelling Cut my grass (because I don't think your good enough)

Originally posted by WoodenStick:
MagPie...I will share my medication and my glasses with you.

Actually, in 2010, Sals was not heavily favored. Sals won the regular season 11-7 - the championship was considered a toss-up. It was an exciting game! Would be nice to see one of those again - but we won't this year.

Agree with Pettit's ability and we'll see Saturday against Freibott. The TH defense will struggle against the speed of the Sals midfield and off ball movement of the attack - no way they can run with them and their zone will be easily split. My guess, and based on last night's display, 44 will also spend an enjoyable afternoon in the penalty box.
44 was definitely a side show last night. He's a child and I'm an adult (most days), so I probably ought to leave it at that.

610 is in Pa but we live 500 yards from the Delaware state line, we go to church in Delaware, my son played little league at Naamans, we belong to the Brandywine YMCA .

Correct me if I'm wrong but the majority of the Salesianum roster is populated by Delawareans.

LaxDE hard at work today...

Freddie - behavior like that, child or adult, is unacceptable. I'm surprised he wasn't flagged when he confronted the refs at halftime. I would have benched him.

This post was edited on 5/22 5:39 PM by WoodenStick

LaxDE at work today

"610? Would that be from Pennsylvania? Nothing against sallies or coach Healy but I'd like to see the DE state championship won by Delaware players. "

Yup, its a fact. Salesianum really does have an advantage with all those PA players. Its a known fact that a typical PA 18 year old can squat 500lbs and bench 450. They can also run the 100 meters under 11 secs. Yes, its true.
eek.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 5/22 5:04 PM by dovetail

Ouch Woodenstick! I should be highly offended. But since I am neither as handsome or athletic looking as the guy in the link I will take your post as a compliment.

I have weighed in on this before, but since it keeps coming up it must bear repeating. Delaware is long overdue for a separation of private and public schools at the play-off level. Of course it is not equitable that a team with unrestricted borders and student population can compete with those who are restricted. Until the Salesianum dynasty it really wasn't an issue but now it is undeniable. In fairness, the Sals have not created the problem, it is every bit as much a result of the growth of the sport. The answer is to allow all teams to schedule their regular season and then separate the playoffs by public and private and have the winner of each play each other for the First State Title. All of this considered, every high school lax fan in Delaware should be grateful for the Sals raising the level of play for the entire state.

This post was edited on 5/22 7:52 PM by laxfool

Originally posted by laxfool:
I have weighed in on this before, but since it keeps coming up it must bear repeating. Delaware is long overdue for a separation of private and public schools at the play-off level. Of course it is not equitable that a team with unrestricted borders and student population can compete with those who are restricted. Until the Salesianum dynasty it really wasn't an issue but now it is undeniable. In fairness, the Sals have not created the problem, it is every bit as much a result of the growth of the sport. The answer is to allow all teams to schedule their regular season and then separate the playoffs by public and private and have the winner of each play each other for the First State Title. All of this considered, every high school lax fan in Delaware should be grateful for the Sals raising the level of play for the entire state.

This post was edited on 5/22 7:52 PM by laxfool
Delaware doesn't have enough private schools who compete on Sals level to even do this.. Well unless you do like the MIAA in Md and let the private schools recruit openly. In Reality DIAA should let Sals pull its Lax program and give them an associate membership to play DIAA schools without effecting other sports and let Sallies join the MIAA in LAX... Yes the net effect would be Sallies would draw all the better DE players who want to play in college to Sallies but they would not compete for DIAA State Championships but MIAA championships .. and as most Lax followers know a MIAA Lax Championship is way more nationally relevant.. Where Sallie Lax is now they can compete year round in MIAA.. As for the other private schools in DE no

This post was edited on 5/23 8:33 AM by ravensrooster2

ravensrooster2, way too complicated and will never be adopted by the DIAA. The solution must be simple - privates and publics are different on a basic level so must be the solution. Of course the smaller privates can't compete with Sallies currently, but that doesn't mean they can not. Look at Sanford Prep for basketball. Without restriction anything can be accomplished, and that is the rub for the pubs. Keep it simple, the pubs abide by one set of rules, and the privates by another. Let them play whatever regular season schedule they wish and separate them at the play-off level. There will then be a public state champion and a private state champion with each winner playing for the First State Title. It will be good for everybody and the game.

Cape/Archmere game looks like the one to watch, not convinced the other games will be close due to regular season scores.

All this talk about changing this and that... for what? 42 teams in the state of De. Public/Private for what...I'll say it again Cape is to the public as Sals is to private, they dominate. Cr has chances to beat Cape here and there but no other public has a shot, just like as long as the current coaches are at Sals no private will beat Sals.

Wouldn't it be nice to stop hearing about public vs private, Sallies unfair advantage, TH parents etc....Maybe we should put our energy into:

Developing players at the youth level
starting a youth program
watch more than just the top 10 teams
teaching them to play the right way
coaching them to fall in love with the game
hiring the right coach, not just a guy who is available to unload on the goalie from 6 yards
teach them to never give up and overcome adversity,
build them up no matter where they play
STOP complaining about Sallies - they are doing the same thing they did 15 years ago - Who Cares?
Understand that a few parents or fans ruin it for the group all over not just TH - do not let that define an institution
see that we are not the MIAA or the InterAc, just Delaware high School lacrosse
just sit back and enjoy it for what it is

This post was edited on 5/23 12:34 PM by oldlaxguy

I will say I am tired of hearing how "Sallies lacrosse has elevated delaware lacrosse". No it hasn't. It has done the opposite. The only thing Sallies lacrosse has elevated is Sallies lacrosse...Period. And good for them they earn every win they get. But don't spin it and say its good for delaware lacrosse. Its not. Delaware lacrosse seems to be getting worse. At least up north in my opinion.

You may be right laxdude about the northern schools. Tower Hill, Tatnal, Friends, St Andrews, St Marks, and Archmere lost 8 of 9 games this year against out of state opponents. And some of those loses were to weaker teams.

A quality team requires their opponents to make a simple decision - they will do what is necessary to compete or they won't. Every private school in Delaware could field a team to compete with Sallies within five years if they made it a priority. The same can not be said for the public schools due to hiring requirements for coaches, district boundaries, and enrollment. However, any public school that makes lax a priority could conceivably compete with Sallies in 5-10 years if their coaches and parents immediately encouraged rec and club team participation starting at U-9. Cape and CR evidence the result of ten or more years of such community support and attitude for the game. There is no reason why every public school in Delaware can't accomplish the same with a similar attitude and commitment, but I don't hold out much hope since competition anywhere in public schools seems to be a thing of the past.

We're probably all growing weary of these discussions and rehashing the same issues. So here I go, too...

As laxfool said, it all comes down to setting a goal/priorities and establishing the tactics that will lead to success. This applies to the programs and to the kids - and to the parents, which is both a blessing and a curse. The sport is growing rapidly and in many ways, passing Delaware behind. Competition gets better across the country...more high schools, more club teams and more colleges embrace the sport. If the the decision is made to strive to play at a higher level, then the commitment has to be made to do so. The schools, the kids (and their parents) have to decide what is important. And, if playing just to play is the goal, that's OK, too! As long as the priorities and expectations are clear.

oldlaxguy made a few good points with his list. I disagree with his last two:
see that we are not the MIAA or the InterAc, just Delaware high School lacrosse
just sit back and enjoy it for what it is.
I hope he's not accepting mediocrity. Delaware can do far better.

I am not accepting mediocrity. I posted because I have not been on this site for three years and the same 4/5topics are being discussed. It is as if I have never left.... Sallies is awesome, Sallies has kids from 4 states...how unfair, The Tower Hill fans are so disrespectful, Who will make all-state this year?, private schools have a distinct advantage.....have any of our posts made a difference with the powers that be? Have they given an unknown kid the nod as an all state selection?, did Sallies tell their student body not to play unless they live in 302? NOPE!!!

Our best team by a large margin might finish third in either the MIAA or InterAC. So let's take Delaware HS lacrosse for what it is and sit back and enjoy the games and hope for an upset or a ge where the starters can play for 4 quarters.

Its obviously conjecture on our part to say where Salesianum would place in the MIAA or InterAC but I disagree that "by a large margin Sallies might" finish third in either the MIAA or InterAC. That is pretty condescending. The one goal loss to Malvern in the first game of the season while Malvern already had five games under thier belt and the 7 to 5 win over Georgetown Prep last year. Salesianum has proven they can play with "anyone" in the country. They may not be able to win out in the InterAC or beat Haverford 3 times in one season like Malvern did but they would now have a "shot" at winning the league and there is no one in the InterAC Salesianum could not beat. Sallies is not playing a chump schedule and they have crushed some very good teams. Come on now, throw us a bone here, Salesianum is better than "by a large margin Sallies might" finish third .

The difference in Delaware top teams over the last 5-6 years is that the growth of the game has enabled them to have at least two capable lines of midfielders. The Cape teams of the late 90's and early 2000's had to play half of their schedule in MD/DC and PA because there were not enough Delaware teams to complete a schedule. Cape would often lead a Haverford Prep or DeMatha through 3 quarters until their 3 or 4 capable middies became fatigued. The Sals can play with anybody today because they are well-skilled, well-coached, and they can keep 10 good lax players on the field for an entire game. Any Delaware school can do the same with effective preparation (youth rec and club participation) and leadership attitude. It's not rocket science.

Outofstate12 what the hell? Close game? Sals can and will put TH on a running clock if they choose to do so. I know that is hard to swallow but that is a fact. (also a big Sallies tradition). Sals will win the title and put every team on a running clock IMHO.
Now-you bring up great points so never mind other posters who feel a need to bad mouth other programs.....seriously-some seem to care about the crap trash talk from parents more than their KIDS experience. I know that the poster in question is simply put-an idiot. Both teams are quality programs and both teams fans/parents can represent very poorly at times-especially the Salesianum crew. Its just not good enough to win, they expect. This is a Lax forum but I am willing to bet the Sals are a lil upset bout getting beat down in baseball.....

......waiting for dove-blue pea for excuses............

"This is a Lax forum but I am willing to bet the Sals are a lil upset bout getting beat down in baseball....."

Wow; you are so right. Everyone was hoping for a Trifecta. Never happened before. I guess those Boys in Gold will have to console themselves looking at the 2013/14 team trophies in X-Country, Soccer, Football, Basketball, Swimming and maybe Lax? All in all, a pretty good year...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT