Lieberman - TH
Oconnell - Archmere
??

Goalie
Russel - Archmere
Montgomery - Tatnall
Smith - CR
Davis - Friends

I agree for the most part bluehen, but there are a couple players that can be added to the list and taken off. You could agree about Beatson from archmere at attack instead of kirkpatrick but the other 3 are pretty locked in as the best three. Clapp from CR in the midfield can also be put into the mix as a first or top 2nd teamer. Carney from friends and Rathmanner from charter can be put up for debate as well. Tracy from friends is an obvious choice on defense instead of oconnell but it depends on how many players they take from each position. In goal its a clear choice for barone or russell but the other three mentioned are capable of being on one of the other three teams.

Pretty much a who's who list of the D1 guys in DE. Barone is very good, but I can't see him as a legit choice for goalie since he faced only about 11 shots this season... Russell would be my #1, Davis #2. I agree Clapp at CR could fit in Middie mix. The other choices are solid, Walker and Pettit will most likely battle for POY.

Wait, How does Petit battle Walker for player of the year ? Reeder and Giampietro maybe a closer battle with Walker. How may did Petit get on Veratti vs. Walker on Lieberman ? Sals is head and shoulders this year with 5 other squads in the next tier.

has POY ever been an underclassman? If so, Kilpatrick most likely would have gotten it 2 or 3 times. Sals is the team to beat for sure.

Since it hasnt been an underclassman i think there are only 5 seniors who fit the bill. Walker, Verrati, Johnson, Lieberman, and Pettit i think are the only seniors that have a chance at POY depending on how they and their teams do it the tourney

I don't know about Kilpatrick getting poy a couple times because the one year Brandon Grioux got it and he was pretty solid.

If you were all state last year you are more than likely getting again. If you play for Sallies and TH you will likely get it. If you play for Friends good luck, they haven't had a 1st teamer in about 2 years if my memory serves me correctly which it doesn't always. Team is consistently in final four but no first teamers.

Kilpatrick's freshman year it was Adkins from Sals, then Giroux, maybe Ripley Neilson (Rubino?)from TH next. The string should end for Friends this year Mik..hard to find 3 poles better than the Tracey kid IMO.

If you think troy reeder deserves POY or even 1st team all state then you clearly just don't understand the sport of lacrosse. I'm sorry if that sounds rude, but it's just my opinion. I hear he's a great kid and he's certainly a terrific athlete, but if he's the best lacrosse player in the state of Delaware then I'm done watching. I'd say DWalk for POY. Also, I really think that Montgomery should be considered for 1st Team A.S. for goalie. That kid has been stellar and is the only reason Tatnall didn't lose by 20 goals every game this season. Everything else seems pretty good to me.

Attack suggestions look good.

Tracy is significantly better than O'Connell and on par with Veratti. Both fit the mold of the new, fast and stick-capable defensemen that is in vogue. O'Connell is slow and heavy footed and third team at best - but he does like to hit the old fashioned way.

At midfield, Mette hasn't had a 1st team year but will probably make it on history and hype. Giampietro is a man among boys - fun to watch the way he plays with the competition and owns the field. His hit on O'Connell was textbook intimidation. Plus, he scores at will. Carney is solid and deserves recognition - a toss up between him and Reeder - especially since Reeder has been injured much of the year.

What about Freibott at LSM?

Barone deserves consideration in goal. Then Smith, Russell, Montgomery and Davis.

I go back and forth between Walker and Giampietro for Sallies POY. Except for Tower Hill I don't see enough of the other candidates to vote for state POY. But if you asked me to pick one player on the Sals to build a team around it would be Giampietro. He doesn't have the size advantage that a Reeder will take to the next level but in high school I agree he is a man among boys.

Giampietro is a stud, you are right I too would start a team around him. I like his game and even more his attitude. Straight shooter to (tells the news journal exactly what he thinks) he is my player of the year if Walker doesn't get it.

Having seen the Sals play several times now here’s my assessment: at midfield Giampitro, Seuffert, Zebrowski get it done. God things happen when they step on the field. I think all are going to play in college and all are playing in that model now. Reeder reminds me of alot of youth players I have coached - oversized and relies on his physicality to compensate for lack of skills. Do not enjoy watching him play. Friebott is tenacious on gb’s. His lack of speed is the only thing keeping him from being a complete package. I would love to see him moved from midfield to defense. Kelly at attack is impressive. Walker can try to do too much on his own and misses some opportunities because of it. Sal’s defense is solid. No one stands out but all solid. POY? If not Giampietro, Barone, the goalie. He takes control of his end of the field. He will do well at the next level.

Walker is the qb of the offense, he wins this year and Giampietro the next, the dynasty is in place. I think Reeder gets it done by blunt fource, its not always pretty, but, at times the most effective, seems like a perfect compliment to the slick stick skill guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT