Sals over TH
Freinds over Tatnall
Cape over Archmere - close good game but Cape wins by 3-5 goals late
CR over MT - CR wins handily

3rd Rd - both games big wins
Sals over Friends
Cape over CR

Final
Sals over Cape - close game though IMO but until some one knocks Sals off you cant bet against them.

I will also go out on a limb, I think Cape beats Archmere by 7-8. Experienced team that always gets better as the season goes on. Archmere is a solid team but Cape just has better skill guys.

Sallies is VERY banged up. I think that the final will depend on who shows up to play that day. We've seen Cape beat Sallies before after losing by 10 in the regular season, but we have also seen Sallies beat them by 10+ in the chip. Sallies has been the standard in the state, but Cape also has history and for the last 5 years has proven that they can keep it close and even win.

Last edited:
Only wildcard in this whole thing is Sals is sooo banged up. Think they have like 5 or 6 starters
I will also go out on a limb, I think Cape beats Archmere by 7-8. Experienced team that always gets better as the season goes on. Archmere is a solid team but Cape just has better skill guys.

Sallies is VERY banged up. I think that the final will depend on who shows up to play that day. We've seen Cape beat Sallies before after losing by 10 in the regular season, but we have also seen Sallies beat them by 10+ in the chip. Sallies has been the standard in the state, but Cape also has history and for the last 5 years has proven that they can keep it close and even win.
yeah Sals are more banged up then any team I can remember in recent years. They have good depth so still a good team but damn they have literally lost multiple D1 players to injury. Crazy feel bad for the kids.

Was Sallies suffering from all of these injuries when they played Malvern? I watched the Malvern game and Malvern never led. I thought Sallies was the better team.

As much as we would like to see more competitive teams in Delaware, no one comes close to the Sals and Cape. That said I would be shocked if the Archmere/Cape game is even competitive.

As much as we would like to see more competitive teams in Delaware, no one comes close to the Sals and Cape. That said I would be shocked if the Archmere/Cape game is even competitive.
I’m not saying it will happen… but I wouldn’t be shocked if Archmere makes a run at them.

I’m not saying it will happen… but I wouldn’t be shocked if Archmere makes a run at them.
You could be right. Archmere scored 5 against Sallies and 8 against Cape so thy have had their moments offensively against both teams. They just need to find a way to be more consistent and possess for longer periods. Thats tough against both Sals and Cape because their FOGO's are so dominant.

Archmere could make a run at them but Cape's depth and extra possessions from the face-off X just grinds you down. Cape would have to seriously lay an egg, but anything is possible.

The lack of shot-clock in Delaware is also absurd. If they can sit on the ball for extended periods of time who knows. Im still taking Cape big and giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Was Sallies suffering from all of these injuries when they played Malvern? I watched the Malvern game and Malvern never led. I thought Sallies was the better team.
Yeah a lot of them which makes that win all that more impressive. Think Celluci got hurt early in that game.

And I honestly dont see a path to anyone challenging either of them any time soon to be honest

Surprise! Surprise! Cape Vs Salesianum.

Final prediction: Salesianum by 2 in a tougher than expected game.

For the record no horse in this jist want a good game, it’s more fun to watch and better for DE lacrosse if it’s close IMO

Reactions: 302Spin
This will be a good game.

Sals has won by 2 the last two years. Think that Sals by 2 is a solid prediction for this game as well. However I'm not ruling out Cape. If they show up they can win, we've seen it before.

Archmere gave them a good run in 2019 but they opened up on them late as well. I think that Sals and Cape both play down/up to the level of their opponents (to a certain extent, obviously). Excited for the championship.

Clearly the 2 best in the state

Proud of how CR played all year. I am biased though, my kid is goalie and faced a barrage of shots from the top 3 teams and they were all head and shoulders above CR

I'm predicting Cape 13 Sals 10.

Both tend to score around 10 each in these matchups. Based on Sals' injuries, Cape should be set up to score more than they did in their last outing. But at the end of the day, it'll be about who wants it more. With the last two chips ending tragically for Cape, they'll be motivated.

Although Sals has looked stronger over the span of this season, I've got Cape for the sake of the rivalry. Much like the regular season game, this championship can be decided in the first quarter -- depending on how Cape can keep up with Sals' strong starts.

Clearly the 2 best in the state

Proud of how CR played all year. I am biased though, my kid is goalie and faced a barrage of shots from the top 3 teams and they were all head and shoulders above CR
The thankless job. Good on him, not easy facing offenses littered with D1 talent. Rooting for CR to return to top-flight competitiveness with Sals and Cape.

Reactions: 302Spin
More I think about it the more I like Cape in this one. Think this team can get it done.

Cape 10 Sals 8

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT