ADVERTISEMENT

Any scrimmage results to share?

delawarenole

Top 100 Prospect
Mar 29, 2002
scrimmages don’t mean much in any sort as coaches use them to try new kids. New schemes, etc

Keep that in mind any one see a scrimmage this weekend? Anyone look good?

Caravel beat NorthEast and First State Military. Offense looked good, D looks young and inexperienced. Goalie was pretty damn good. They look about the same as last few years.

First Stare has a few athletes - 12 was a good middle and best player on the team, needs to pass more. D Poles are big athletes though need to communicate and work better together. Like DMA they will get good at sports sooner then later.

NorthEast was a let down thought they would be better. No one stood out to me.

Anyone else have any info to share?

I heard that St Marks played Friends today and it was close until late in the game. Ended up 10-3 Friends but was close.

StM will be a playoff team this year

Now I have seen Conrad and Poly Tech as well. Poly Tech seems to be down from last year when I saw them rough St Marks up. Conrad is better then FSMA but will not compete for the tournament.

I think STM is much improved and they got a mid year transfer that plays elite travel competition and is somehow eligible to play right away. Not the first time they were able to make that happen.

Tough to judge any of these teams with the few practice dates weather has allowed. But I've seen some really bad lacrosse the last few weeks.

Reactions: spartakos
I think STM is much improved and they got a mid year transfer that plays elite travel competition and is somehow eligible to play right away. Not the first time they were able to make that happen.

Tough to judge any of these teams with the few practice dates weather has allowed. But I've seen some really bad lacrosse the last few weeks.

I saw that on the transfer - he is a damn good player. My son has played against him before, he is a good kid too.

But he was registered at the other school and I think played sports there earlier this year and is now at STM? The rules confuse the hell out of me.

How do some kids have to sit out and others get to play? Are there different rules for different kids?

Didn't move residence unless they lied. Switched schools strictly to be on a better team regardless of whatever BS story they gave DIAA

Doesn’t have to move literally. Parents just have to transfer guardianship to a sibling, grandparent etc in a different school zone. DIAA doesn’t have the ability or right to determine if it was for athletic advantage or not. Fla Supreme Court already ruled a state athletic association doesn’t have the right to prohibit a student who is legally enrolled in a school and in good academic standing to participate in any after school activities including sports. DIAA knows if they were put to task they would lose in court Shool choice is what it is and a athletic association has to deal with it

Yea none of that happened, the kid didn't want to play for his HS team and worked to find a better team to play for. Plus he left a public school for a private. If he "moved" he would've had to go to whatever public is in that area to be eligible right away.

No he wouldn’t. DE is school choice if you move and are in a different school district you can make a one time choice to attend any school you want public,charter,tech or private without penalty. You also get one free move after you freshman year to anywhere you want without penalty

Reactions: 84rider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT