ADVERTISEMENT

Are you ready for some football

DMA v Howard has been added to my calendar. Should be a great game. Looking forward to see if Coach Lincoln's recruiting efforts have restocked his team

The schools from MD will make picks in the confidence pool nearly impossible
If anyone is available DMA will be heading ti Sussex Central this Friday for a scrimmage at 11am. And I do think DMA will be a mystery this year because they lost a lot of starters and just recently their one senior lineman transferred to St. Francis a week before practice started. Lot of younger kids to fill a lot shoes

If anyone is available DMA will be heading ti Sussex Central this Friday for a scrimmage at 11am. And I do think DMA will be a mystery this year because they lost a lot of starters and just recently their one senior lineman transferred to St. Francis a week before practice started. Lot of younger kids to fill a lot shoes
Well I hope that lineman is a real stud because St Frances is loaded with D1's on both lines. Cracking that line up especially this late will be next to impossible. They will probably reclass him though.

what lineman transferred, the had a couple of real big guys coming back, both #65 and #77 are tough kids

I wish him the best and hope it works out for him but that was exactly my concern for him is he may not even play...and would reclassification work since it is his 4th yea

SFA doesn't follow any association rules. They have 7 5th year players on their roster now. Had 5 5th year starters last season.

Last edited:
SFA doesn't follow any association rules. They have 7 5th year players on their roster now. Had 5 5th year starters last season.
Gotcha...I imagine that is what would be his best bet...I can't imagine he would be cracking that starting lineup this year

if that height and weight is correct 6-2 285. don’t be surprised, he was a Bulldozer

if that height and weight is correct 6-2 285. don’t be surprised, he was a Bulldozer
Trust me that height is closer to 6'...he is a good player, i just dont think he has ever played the type of competition that he will face there. he was working at center over the summer and I think that is his best shot. But I do wish him the best for sure

Reactions: Woody_Wood
6-2 285 isn’t even pretty small Alabama.
umm yes it is..

Bama starting line

LT- 6'5 315
LG- 6'4 305
C- 6'3 305
RG- 6'3 307
RT- 6'6 326

SFA line

6'6 320
6'5 285
6'5 315
6'6 280
6'4 270
6'3 310
6'7 345
6'6 no weight posted

umm yes it is..

Bama starting line

LT- 6'5 315
LG- 6'4 305
C- 6'3 305
RG- 6'3 307
RT- 6'6 326

SFA line

6'6 320
6'5 285
6'5 315
6'6 280
6'4 270
6'3 310
6'7 345
6'6 no weight posted
Yeesh 😰 they are some big boys. Randy is a good ball player. If he works hard he'll have a chance. Plus they will probably have the second team in the game after halftime for many games.

I get BiB, all I am saying is the kid isn’t small for 17 years old. Top 5 rated centers in NFL average 6-3 305. biggest one being 6-5 311. 6-2 285(DMA) 290(St Francis) isn’t small Jason Kelce is 6-3 295. and I saw him SIC this summer and he isn’t even that tall

I get BiB, all I am saying is the kid isn’t small for 17 years old. Top 5 rated centers in NFL average 6-3 305. biggest one being 6-5 311. 6-2 285(DMA) 290(St Francis) isn’t small Jason Kelce is 6-3 295. and I saw him SIC this summer and he isn’t even that tall
As @Longagoplayer said he's closer to 6' than 6'2" but I agree with you. He's a decent size for center. And he must have been told he has a chance at playing there. Otherwise why would he leave the great coach Lincoln. Lol.

Yep it was.. I wish him the best and hope it works out for him but that was exactly my concern for him is he may not even play...and would reclassification work since it is his 4th year in high school

To follow up on this he did play. They had him at guard but SFA offense was bad. Line play was really bad. East St Louis had them beat up 1 with the ball on SFA 15 with 1:26 to play. Then they imploded.

Sounds like Middletown is having issues on the offensive line… the 1 kid was ineligible…the new center this year quit and now a starting guard?…broke his arm.

• Wow
To follow up on this he did play. They had him at guard but SFA offense was bad. Line play was really bad. East St Louis had them beat up 1 with the ball on SFA 15 with 1:26 to play. Then they imploded.
One of SFA running backs who went is from Delaware sent my son a message last night saying they need him bad to come to SFA. That message makes a bit more sense now lol

Yeesh 😰 they are some big boys. Randy is a good ball player. If he works hard he'll have a chance. Plus they will probably have the second team in the game after halftime for many games.

just as follow up to this story and a reminder sometimes it's best to stay put and grow where your planted. Pretty sure he would have done better than some D3 school no one has ever heard of. Hell he could have joined the other 302 kids going to Eastern University who ever that is. 🤷‍♂️

I find it funny that certain grown folks on here was painting the picture that the ineligible player from Middletown was a grade issue. I been waiting for a while for the same posters to back track and at least say congratulations to the kid for his scholarship to University of Delaware! But since that won’t happen maybe the same crew of grownups who come on and criticize kids, please explain how he was Ineligible due to grades( when I said he gets honor grades) , got a full ride to Delaware in the same year he was supposed to not meet requirements??? Do Tell?

I find it funny that certain grown folks on here was painting the picture that the ineligible player from Middletown was a grade issue. I been waiting for a while for the same posters to back track and at least say congratulations to the kid for his scholarship to University of Delaware! But since that won’t happen maybe the same crew of grownups who come on and criticize kids, please explain how he was Ineligible due to grades( when I said he gets honor grades) , got a full ride to Delaware in the same year he was supposed to not meet requirements??? Do Tell?

Dude it was a grade issue. He was academically ineligible and Middletown had to FFT all the games he played in while he was ineligible. He did put the work in to get that squared away and earned a scholly to UD. He had multiple other offers as well. No one said he was stupid but he was academically ineligible and they played him. Also he got the UD offer last year not the year he played while ineligible. Last year he was ineligible due to the 4 year rule and the waiver for a 5th was denied. Everyone knows this. Of course we all wish him well and no one has said otherwise

Last edited:
So let me get this straight, Delaware offered him while he was ineligible in2021??? Lol this is a first and since I know better …….

Moral to story not how you start it’s how you finish! Good kid who is on to college! A lot of you folks run on here with a lot to say when it’s a negative thing but positive always gets crickets!

So let me get this straight, Delaware offered him while he was ineligible in2021??? Lol this is a first and since I know better …….

I think you are confused. He was offered by UD June 22. He had multiple D1 verbal offers prior (10). In fact no one even knew of his academic ineligibly until a college eligibility coordinator called and asked for records in Feb of 22 which they don't do unless they are close to giving an official offer and LOI

This was all explained in the article on the DIAA decision in the News Journal as well as the subsequent hearing when he was denied a 5th year of eligibility due to DIAA rules on such.

It's no big deal that he was ineligible academically for a minute.. Good on him he got caught up and actually posted very strong GPA's . Although NCAAA coaches only care that you will have the 16 core credits and a min GPA of 2.3 and because of Covid year he had 5 years to get them done just like thousands of other kids.. You don't even have to have an SAT score anymore.

Last edited:
Maybe but not confused about the same kid alot of you guys were talking about , from being ineligible all the way to last year why was he a captain, now he has stayed the course and earned a scholarship to the beloved blue hens and not one of the same grownups who had so much to say then, has not even a whisper now! Don’t mind me I’m just thinking out loud.

charlie-brown-good-grief.gif

Is it transfer season yet? 🤣

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Maybe but not confused about the same kid alot of you guys were talking about , from being ineligible all the way to last year why was he a captain, now he has stayed the course and earned a scholarship to the beloved blue hens and not one of the same grownups who had so much to say then, has not even a whisper now! Don’t mind me I’m just thinking out loud.

Are you saying someone said he didn't play this past season due to academics? I don't remember anyone saying that. Everyone knew he didn't play because his 4 years was up in 2021. We have whole threads on the hearings when they tried to get a waiver.

Besides it's the offseason and mostly everyone checks out of here after the season and won't be back until next fall. You should head over to Twitter there is plenty of congrats and back slapping going on over there if that is what you seek. We keeps it real here..lol

Bib’s interpretation is correct. If anybody took a hit here it was the admin of Middletown HS for missing the ineligibility of the young man. If it hadn’t been for a college guy, MDT would have had to forfeit their title.

Congrats to the young man for staying the course….

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT