ADVERTISEMENT

Are you ready for some football

If he transfers back to Penn he would probably have to get a waiver to play. A bit late for that unless he can get on the docket for the Aug 11th meeting. I am betting he stays at CR
That’s a program changer right there. Cr better not mess it up. However he wouldn’t need a waiver because he played there last year and he doesn’t need a waiver for CR since he was there for 6 months before the season

That’s a program changer right there. Cr better not mess it up. However he wouldn’t need a waiver because he played there last year and he doesn’t need a waiver for CR since he was there for 6 months before the season
It doesn't work like that. He used his one transfer when he transferred to CR last year. To be able to transfer back as a senior and be eligible to play he will have to show a legit move into Penn's attendance zone. DIAA would have to vet that move and he would still need a waiver. He would have to show he is living in Penn's zone with his legal guardian. If he is 18+ and not with a legal guardian then he would have to show proof residency in their zone and that the transfer was not athletically motivated and a hardship caused the move.

2.4.4.1.6 Transfer to School of Residence - A student may transfer to their school of residence, which is based on the legal address of the student's custodial parents or court-appointed legal guardians, one time without loss of athletic eligibility. For this exception to apply, the transfer must be the student's first transfer during their years of high school interscholastic athletic eligibility.

2.4.4.1.5 No Participation in a Sport within the Preceding 180 School Days - A student who previously participated in interscholastic athletics but did not participate in a sport within the preceding 180 school days and was eligible by both DIAA and local school rules to do so during the previous school year shall be eligible to participate in that sport at the receiving school.

He would need a hardship waiver to play at Penn. He is eligible at CR after 180 schools days have passed since he first attended there.

Last edited:
BOLD PREDICTIONS - these are not meant to be correct, accurate, or anything beyond BOLD

St Georges beats Sallies in the 3A final after Middletown gets hit with DIAA sanctions during the season preventing them from competing in the playoffs. Smyrna stumbles in the playoffs

Odessa beats Tatnall in the final and moves up to class 2A next season

This is Coach Lincoln's last at DMA

BOLD PREDICTIONS - these are not meant to be correct, accurate, or anything beyond BOLD

St Georges beats Sallies in the 3A final after Middletown gets hit with DIAA sanctions during the season preventing them from competing in the playoffs.
I could get with this only maybe not the DIAA slams them but they come back from Florida with half the team on the DL dragging their tails between their legs.

cold-dog.gif

Reactions: nomorenonstop
A lot of speculation and if this happens and is that happens……. How bout the team who wins 4A beats whoever they play with whoever they put on the field!!

A lot of speculation and if this happens and is that happens……. How bout the team who wins 4A beats whoever they play with whoever they put on the field!!

Who ever wins 4A will certainly have earned it. How I don't know but hey what do I know 🤷‍♂️ I would guess winning 4A would be akin to winning a MNC

039cc8e1-294f-492a-9598-cffc736529a5_text.gif

d3bde700-83f6-48e3-8631-b5b0d3395ba8_text.gif

Comment on player of the year. Let the year play out. Too often the pre-season player of the year is the player of the year. Like they are anointed before the season. Delaware has come a long way with athletes in a very short period of time. I don't mean one or 2 that everyone in the state gets excited about. I mean across the state across many teams. Its as if, someone rated an athlete this star or those stars and it has to be fact.

@DelaNewb I'm curious why would you think Archmere would fall below St Mark's? They've had St Mark's number for the last five times they've played. They've been to the championship two years in a row. And they are bringing back arguably the best player in the state. I think St Mark's will be good but it will be hard for them to beat Archmere.

That’s all super valid and you are likely right. I saw St Marks and Archmere play last year. I know St Marks gave Archmere a problem in the regular season when it looked like Archmere had some injuries. Different story in the playoffs obviously. So it looks like St Marks is knocking.

Don’t get me wrong, Archmere was REALLY impressive last year (clearly the best team in d2), but it looks like they graduated some really good players.

It seems like St Marks has a really good core coming back and I’d have to think losing their last 5 to Archmere is a sore spot for them. Extra motivation for them maybe? Just a hunch this is their year.

With all of that said, I wouldn’t be surprised if Archmere wins it again! They continue to be the team to beat (great coaching staff, disciplined team, “we” culture). It’ll be fun to watch them play with a target on their back!

That’s all super valid and you are likely right. I saw St Marks and Archmere play last year. I know St Marks gave Archmere a problem in the regular season when it looked like Archmere had some injuries. Different story in the playoffs obviously. So it looks like St Marks is knocking.

Don’t get me wrong, Archmere was REALLY impressive last year (clearly the best team in d2), but it looks like they graduated some really good players.

It seems like St Marks has a really good core coming back and I’d have to think losing their last 5 to Archmere is a sore spot for them. Extra motivation for them maybe? Just a hunch this is their year.

With all of that said, I wouldn’t be surprised if Archmere wins it again! They continue to be the team to beat (great coaching staff, disciplined team, “we” culture). It’ll be fun to watch them play with a target on their back!

50b0131b-45bd-4945-abda-b3f4881bc584_text.gif

I’m just a yoot! Like I said, give any prediction I make zero regard!

Question. Is D2 always the most “challenging” division? Just meaning that there are a lot of teams that could be in the mix at the end of the season. And it also seems that in any given week, most teams can beat just about anyone? Seems like the division with the most parity?

Last edited:
I also wanted to add. Is Archmere even a “football school”? I made my hunch on the fact that I don’t see them as a school kids go to to play football (or any sport) so I’m guessing their run has to end whenever this core is through their four years?

(And no disrespect whatsoever by that comment.)

Reactions: Woody_Wood
I also wanted to add. Is Archmere even a “football school”? I made my hunch on the fact that I don’t see them as a school kids go to to play football (or any sport) so I’m guessing their run has to end whenever this core is through their four years?

I wouldn't call it a football school, but Archmere always seems to have a good football program with multi-sport athletes. They are usually good, occasionally great. Coaching staff is excellent, the culture is top notch.

I’m just a yoot! Like I said, give any prediction I make zero regard!

Question. Is D2 always the most “challenging” division? Just meaning that there are a lot of teams that could be in the mix at the end of the season. And it also seems that in any given week, most teams can beat just about anyone? Seems like the division with the most parody?
I think with adding the 3rd division it does make D2 have the most parity. I think after a few more years we will get a clearer picture but for now it does seem to be the division with the most teams that could 'win it all"

I think people in DE have been waiting for Archmere to fall off but they have been D2 contenders since there championship run in 2010. So it’s been 12 years and they haven’t let up with a championship last year. Most DE teams go through there highs and lows. Hell back in 2010 even Smyrna stunk than boom some think they have been great for a long time and that’s not the case.

I think people in DE have been waiting for Archmere to fall off but they have been D2 contenders since there championship run in 2010. So it’s been 12 years and they haven’t let up with a championship last year. Most DE teams go through there highs and lows. Hell back in 2010 even Smyrna stunk than boom some think they have been great for a long time and that’s not the case.

Archmere has always been a solid team since I have been here (2010) maybe they were never really considered a threat to win it all most of those years but never had a losing record either. They had a 3 season playoff drought 2015-2017 going 6-4, 5-5, 7-3 respectively.

2021 10-0 won championship
2020 7-2 lost championship
2019 8-2 lost 1st round
2018 9-1 lost 1st round
2017 7-3
2016 5-5
2015 6-4
2014 7-3 lost 1st round
2013 7-3
2012 7-3 lost semi's
2011 9-1 lost 1st round
2010 7-3 lost championship

Last edited:
Archmere has always been a solid team since I have been here (2010) maybe they were never really considered a threat to win it all most of those years but never had a losing record either. They had a 3 season playoff drought 2015-2017 going 6-4, 5-5, 7-3 respectively.

2021 10-1 won championship
2020 7-2 lost championship
2019 8-2 lost 1st round
2018 9-1 lost 1st round
2017 7-3
2016 5-5
2015 6-4
2014 7-3 lost 1st round
2013 7-3
2012 7-3 lost semi's
2011 9-1 lost 1st round
2010 7-3 lost championship

Thanks for the info BIB!

I’ve mainly been following D2 for the past few years and am only familiar with them in that context. So I appreciate the wider view.

I have to say I am impressed (and a bit surprised) by those numbers. That’s a pretty damn good record over the past 12 years or so! I’d say the same if that were Tatnall, Tower Hill, or Friends (am I missing any other private schools?). I am just under the impression that kids don’t really go to those schools for sports.

Also, I am likely wrong, but wasn’t Archmere 13-0 last year? And 8-1 the year before?

Thanks for the info BIB!

I’ve mainly been following D2 for the past few years and am only familiar with them in that context. So I appreciate the wider view.

I have to say I am impressed (and a bit surprised) by those numbers. That’s a pretty damn good record over the past 12 years or so! I’d say the same if that were Tatnall, Tower Hill, or Friends (am I missing any other private schools?). I am just under the impression that kids don’t really go to those schools for sports.

Also, I am likely wrong, but wasn’t Archmere 13-0 last year? And 8-1 the year before?
Was only using regular season records. (corrected 2021. must have typed a 1 when I was thinking won)

Reactions: DelaNewb
Was only using regular season records. (corrected 2021. must have typed a 1 when I was thinking won)

Makes sense. I use the websites4sports site.

When was the last time a d2 team was a repeat champ?

It just seems like a really hard division in which to repeat? So again, no knock to Archmere (they are clearly a class program), but it seems like someone else will step in. My guess is still St Marks.

Makes sense. I use the websites4sports site.

When was the last time a d2 team was a repeat champ?

It just seems like a really hard division in which to repeat? So again, no knock to Archmere (they are clearly a class program), but it seems like someone else will step in. My guess is still St Marks.
If my memory serves me right Concord and Hodgson has won back to back in the last 20 years. My understanding is Delmar and Middletown has won 3 in a row in the late 90s/2000s. This would be before I moved to Delaware.

Last edited:
Hodgson has won back to back before for sure but Concord hasn’t won one in past 25 years so definitely not back to back.

what teams have a Week 0 game? St Marks, DMA...who else?

There are 10 games which will also be the 10 games for week 0 of the DELHS 2022 Confidence pool

Week 0

9/1
CR @ HVT- 4pm
Cape @ Sallies- 7pm
Laurel @ S Tech- 7pm

9/2
Seaford @ Col Richardson(MD)- 6pm
Milf @ CS-D HS(MD)- 7pm
Arundel (MD) @ Dover- 7pm
DMA @ Howard- 7pm

9/3
Central @ Penn- 1pm