ADVERTISEMENT

Barnes Leaving Cape

Hoopsdownstate2

Good all around Player
Jun 30, 2017
Big time loss for the Vikings. Had them in my final four... Right move though... Better coaching will help his skills alot.... Goodluck young fella... Cape will drop way down now...

SMH. That's a shame. So Re is going to focus just on Ian and Randy? He is the same coach last year, who made the remark that Randy is not coachable. Now he is giving him and Ian the year to do what?
I was told at a football game last night that lack of commitment by the coaching staff also factored in to the move. He wanted to be in the gym but the staff doesn't get paid during the off-season, so they didn't open the doors. Doesn't Barnes have a relative on the staff? How does he feel about the move and the comment made by Re.
I think Re/Vikings just lost their chance at State Championship.

#WhereIsCoachTingle

Reactions: handsdownmandown
According to DIAA rules. The only thing a coach or anyone else that likes a given basketball team can do for much of the year is open the gym for all students and supervise the space. Anyone at Cape could have done that. Blaming Re for lack of commitment related to open gyms is a joke.

Some posters blame it all on Delaware basketball and suggest that any kid with basketball talent should leave the state to get "noticed " which is ridiculous, if a player is talented and has a bright future, people will notice. The anti Delaware basketball sentiment on this board is very discouraging. Players play, coaches coach and scouts scout, play ball and stay in the books, good things will come no matter where you are !

SMH. That's a shame. So Re is going to focus just on Ian and Randy? He is the same coach last year, who made the remark that Randy is not coachable. Now he is giving him and Ian the year to do what?
I was told at a football game last night that lack of commitment by the coaching staff also factored in to the move. He wanted to be in the gym but the staff doesn't get paid during the off-season, so they didn't open the doors. Doesn't Barnes have a relative on the staff? How does he feel about the move and the comment made by Re.
I think Re/Vikings just lost their chance at State Championship.

#WhereIsCoachTingle
They would of been at least to final 4...

Some posters blame it all on Delaware basketball and suggest that any kid with basketball talent should leave the state to get "noticed " which is ridiculous, if a player is talented and has a bright future, people will notice. The anti Delaware basketball sentiment on this board is very discouraging. Players play, coaches coach and scouts scout, play ball and stay in the books, good things will come no matter where you are !
Kinda agree with your point but in this situation he made right move... He wants to better his game.. True he might get exposure here in DE but his skill level will be at a. Stand still ... Better coaching will get him well prepared for next level.. Just my opinion. ..

Reactions: handsdownmandown
According to DIAA rules. The only thing a coach or anyone else that likes a given basketball team can do for much of the year is open the gym for all students and supervise the space. Anyone at Cape could have done that. Blaming Re for lack of commitment related to open gyms is a joke.
Thats true. Coach is still 80% of the blame though..

Donte played for sallies, the sallies coach is just a coach but his player is playing for a top 5 team in the nation. The argument of playing out of state is antiquated. Social media in recruiting allows players to be seen without actually going to games. It also allows scouts to see players in action before traveling to a small town such as the ones in Delaware.

Reactions: jvm3
Donte played for sallies, the sallies coach is just a coach but his player is playing for a top 5 team in the nation. The argument of playing out of state is antiquated. Social media in recruiting allows players to be seen without actually going to games. It also allows scouts to see players in action before traveling to a small town such as the ones in Delaware.
Ok name another one.. You cant... 1 in a million. ..

It's not about a one in a million it's about having a one in a million talent, that's the number you should be intrigued by, that's what gets you to the big times

Delaware Pa D.C. New Jersey, millions play ball but world wide there are 10's of millions trying to reach the same goal so yes it is one in a million

Corey should've left without hesitation. I haven't heard that Re said it was Randy and Ian's year. Regardless when it comes to basketball Corey and his family made the absolute right move. Playing with real competition and will be back on a National schedule he's guaranteed to attend a D1 school. If he can just avg 10ppg and 8 assist he will get into a big school. He gets better coaching and discipline on and off the court...great decision.

Corey should've left without hesitation. I haven't heard that Re said it was Randy and Ian's year. Regardless when it comes to basketball Corey and his family made the absolute right move. Playing with real competition and will be back on a National schedule he's guaranteed to attend a D1 school. If he can just avg 10ppg and 8 assist he will get into a big school. He gets better coaching and discipline on and off the court...great decision.

How can you be sure he gets better discipline on and off the court? This speaks less to basketball and more to his personal situation. How well do you know the coach of the school in which he has now enrolled?

Reactions: 84rider
I'm 100% sure that the attitudes and lack of discipline that was displayed at Cape wouldn't be tolerated at a program that Is a private school and is looking to be back on the national level next year. If you believe anyone from a program looking to be at that caliber would tolerate what goes down at Cape you'd be wrong.

I'm 100% sure that the attitudes and lack of discipline that was displayed at Cape wouldn't be tolerated at a program that Is a private school and is looking to be back on the national level next year. If you believe anyone from a program looking to be at that caliber would tolerate what goes down at Cape you'd be wrong.
Explain the lack of discipline

Man forget all that. .. Simply left because coach Re cant coach him to be better... Period. .. Look at Robertson and Rickards... Neither of there skills got better yet.. Come down to poor coaching. .. Thats the only reason. ..

so the players have no responsibility to better themselves ? lol, maybe the players read this kind of crap and dont respect the coach ? own it and put in the work, stop blaming others for our failures geesh

so the players have no responsibility to better themselves ? lol, maybe the players read this kind of crap and dont respect the coach ? own it and put in the work, stop blaming others for our failures geesh
Lol you have no clue.. Smh

Not??? Explain then..
Me explain !?!?!? Your the one with the issue with the Coaching at Cape ! I simply disagreed with your post I don't need to explain anything. It's easy to sit on here and bash coaches but hard to explain your real issues with RE when your ...........

Lol you have no clue.. Smh

No clue because I disagree with you and your baseless statements or because you know the game so well. Let me guess when you were in high school ,you left Delaware and bettered yourself , played college ball and got a free education, lol

No clue because I disagree with you and your baseless statements or because you know the game so well. Let me guess when you were in high school ,you left Delaware and bettered yourself , played college ball and got a free education, lol

And to one up Lavar Ball he could beat MJ with both hands tied behind his back !

Me explain !?!?!? Your the one with the issue with the Coaching at Cape ! I simply disagreed with your post I don't need to explain anything. It's easy to sit on here and bash coaches but hard to explain your real issues with RE when your ...........
No issue with coach Re... You must be Cape lovers.. Dont care about them.. They aint going nowhere. .. 2 seniors that havnt got better in last 3 years. ..smh.. Done talking about Cape... No threat at all this year....please...

I’m not a cape fan in particular but I am a basketball fan, I just figured with your high basketball IQ you would put two and two together. I’m a CR guy. I just don’t care for the coach bashing and the anti delaware sentiment that always seems to come up on this board. There never seems to be player accountability and I was taught that no one is in charge of your future but you.

Reactions: spartakos and jvm3
I’m not a cape fan in particular but I am a basketball fan, I just figured with your high basketball IQ you would put two and two together. I’m a CR guy. I just don’t care for the coach bashing and the anti delaware sentiment that always seems to come up on this board. There never seems to be player accountability and I was taught that no one is in charge of your future but you.
Correct no one is in charge of your future but you and Barnes left because Coach Re cant help improve his skills.. So his family put him in a better situation to suceed in the future. .. Ask any Pro athletes and they will tell u.. Coaching made them better.. Period. .

Ask any pro player and they will tell hard work, dedication & practice will make you better. Coaches implement systems. It’s the players responsibility to listen and buy into the system. That’s what gets you noticed. It’s not about who you played for and the coach. Coming out of high school, scouts look for potential unless you’re a very accomplished player at an early age being recruited D1 schools as a freshman. Unfortunately Delaware has a very small sample size of early recognizable talent due to the size and population. being a small fish in a large pond isn’t always the best route. The fascination with Philadelphia, Baltimore & DC basketball is exactly that, a huge pond. There are hundreds of Barnes playing there, not to discredit the young man, i truly hope he succeeds and at worst gets a free education. Good luck to him and his family, nothing but best wishes

I was laughing at the amazement of others opinions , sometimes you just have to shake your head and laugh. Better than name calling and acting like an ass because you disagree with another persons opinion. Just saying

Reactions: spartakos
I was laughing at the amazement of others opinions , sometimes you just have to shake your head and laugh. Better than name calling and acting like an ass because you disagree with another persons opinion. Just saying
Correct. ... Just friendly debating. .. Nothing serious... Just disagreements. Nothing wrong with it...

Reactions: 84rider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT