ADVERTISEMENT

Best Middle School AAU Teams in DE

There are a few good programs- Role Model Sports is the one I'm most familiar with- there are also the Wilmington Warriors, Dream Chasers, a few others.

but in all seriousness every program has middle school program: WeR1, Team Delaware, 6th man, Cape Crusaders, Titans, Crossover, Pal Moody, Gym Rats, Dream Chasers, Role Model and im sure there's more

Last edited:
but in all seriousness every program has middle school program: WeR1, Team Delaware, 6th man, Cape Crusaders, Titans, Crossover, Pal Moody, Gym Rats, and im sure there's more
How many are elite? You know any elite 7th graders right now as we speak

What would it take to get the best kids together in DE?
Too many small AAU teams in small state like DE.. My opionion is combine all of them together. Instead of 1or 2 really good players playing on different AAU teams in small state like DE ... 3 teams.
Team A.B.C. as far as talent goes. That would give you around 39 players.. 13 on each..

Last edited:
It would be difficult to combine teams because most teams only exist because of the coach and asst. coach. They put the work in and find the money. In Delaware because of its size the local soccer clubs are forming an elite travel team composed of the best players from each club to compete with other states. These clubs are established and well funded so it does not translate easily to basketball.

Reactions: hoopsdownstate
It would be difficult to combine teams because most teams only exist because of the coach and asst. coach. They put the work in and find the money. In Delaware because of its size the local soccer clubs are forming an elite travel team composed of the best players from each club to compete with other states. These clubs are established and well funded so it does not translate easily to basketball.
thats good way too...

D-cuz, I assume you are interested to learn what the other sports are doing with elite teams. However this is in the works as far as soccer in DE goes. Upside a very competitive team. Major downside the non elite teams will be cannibalized and the remaining players on those teams will suffer...

Depends on kids level of talent or goals. If it's just for fun & to keep kids involved join up with Red Lion Coach he runs a good program. He's also good at development & understands the AAU world which will save a fortune going forward. If the goal is to develop your kid into a college prospect that changes things. If your kid has the talent & drive to get better, my recommendation would be a sponsored program by one of the major sneaker brands. They are currently having tryouts. You may have to drive 45 minutes to practice but I think the competition against better player will bring out the best. For parents of 8th graders going into 9th, if your kid can handle it physical move them up to 9th. More sponsorship, better exposure.

Reactions: Sports_Fan72
At the middle school level the key is to find a AAU program that teaches and will develop your kid no matter what organization it is. This advice was given to me from a close friend who had a son who played with @EducatedEye and @dnell. He was lured away by another AAU organization because of the name and reputation and sponsorship affliation at the time. Until this day this parent will tell you that he wishes he would've kept his son with @EducatedEye and @dnell because he seen the way that they developed all their players that stayed with them in comparison to his own son's development with the team he went to. This is the advice I used with my own son and took him to Dreamchasers in WIlmington in 6th and 7th grade because I refused to allow my son to play Center ever again just because he was the tallest kid on the team. Ty Perry and Marcus Thompson noticed from day 1 that he was a Guard and not a Center. The only programs that I can personally recommend because I've personally seen their body of work is Dreamchasers, Role Model, and WER1.....I'm pretty sure the other ones have coaches that develop too but these are the 3 that I personally can recommend.

Depends on kids level of talent or goals. If it's just for fun & to keep kids involved join up with Red Lion Coach he runs a good program. He's also good at development & understands the AAU world which will save a fortune going forward. If the goal is to develop your kid into a college prospect that changes things. If your kid has the talent & drive to get better, my recommendation would be a sponsored program by one of the major sneaker brands. They are currently having tryouts. You may have to drive 45 minutes to practice but I think the competition against better player will bring out the best. For parents of 8th graders going into 9th, if your kid can handle it physical move them up to 9th. More sponsorship, better exposure.
I agree.. Teams like Melo. Durant, Cris Paul teams too...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT