ADVERTISEMENT

BOLD PREDICTIONS

Nov 14, 2017
Anyone have any? Mine is that the south will reign this year. I feel there is more a lot more talent and returners.

Henlopen South is potentially up for grabs. Milford graduated 8-9 seniors. They have some big holes to fill. Seaford also lost a bunch of seniors as well from a team that just missed the playoffs. Delmar lost Adkins but could possibly contend again. Look for Woodbridge to turn around in a big way from last year. IR was also a stingy bunch last year playing several teams tough.

Reactions: urbaseballdaddy
Henlopen North is the same way. I think this might actually be Cape’s year to do it. Those boys are finally seniors this year with experience. Dover should contend but lost some pieces. Poly lost majority of their line up, still a tough team. CR will surprise a few people, still a young team but could make some noise. Smyrna lost just about everything besides Carrow, I think Smyrna will struggle. Central never seems to have the best talent but the coach there always gets the most out of his players. Tech lost a good amount too, don’t see them being bad but definitely not a threat in the conference. Cape wins this conference rather easily they have way to much pitching compared to everyone else.

Reactions: jwb703 and 84rider
Cape wins the North going away. Three D1 kids throwing 90+. Hard to compete with if they put up even a couple of runs.

Reactions: jwb703 and Bucsnot
Henlopen North is the same way. I think this might actually be Cape’s year to do it. Those boys are finally seniors this year with experience. Dover should contend but lost some pieces. Poly lost majority of their line up, still a tough team. CR will surprise a few people, still a young team but could make some noise. Smyrna lost just about everything besides Carrow, I think Smyrna will struggle. Central never seems to have the best talent but the coach there always gets the most out of his players. Tech lost a good amount too, don’t see them being bad but definitely not a threat in the conference. Cape wins this conference rather easily they have way to much pitching compared to everyone else.

Cape was everyone's choice last year with those arms and at the 10 or 12 game mark was sitting at .500 but they finally pulled it together. Dover was a bit of a surprise last year after they graduated a ton in 2016 and sent a few more off to college this year as well. Smyrna still has 3 good arms in Carrow, Unterreiner and the lefty (name escapes me.) CR will step up and steal some wins for sure. They were scrappy bunch last year finishing near .500. Central has some good arms too. I look for Brewington to return and be a horse for them Emmerick is a strike thrower for them as well. Poly graduated 10 seniors including nearly their entire infield. I believe they may struggle a bit early but I look for Buckson to lead their offense. One thing Poly seems to always do is hit, they'll just have to rely on some unexperienced guys to do it. Tech only lost 3 seniors from last year with 7 returning seniors so they could be a contender as well.

Just the fact that year in and year out caravel and st marks win it or are in it speaks volumes to coaching. Given capes talent to either smitty or nick they win a championship. Those coaches breed winning mindsets and even years with equal to lessor talent they win

Cape should be the favorite based on arms but games aren't played on paper , any given day it's anyone's day. Capes bats have to work this year and I'd expect they'll get most people's #1

Reactions: CHS89
I really CR, struggled at times last year but they’re a very young team with a lot of talent. I really like Rigby leading this team game this upcoming year. Dover even caught me by surprise with how good they played last year. Davis and Carney will have to pitch well this year to give them a chance at competing for the conference. Gordon always seems to have those boys ready to play. Poly always seem to hit well, but losing Chasanov, Garey and Rivera that line up won’t be the same. Buckson and Harris will have to step up. Cape has the best talent in the conference even in the state arguably. Elliott, Gelof and Erickson just isn’t a fair staff for anyone. I agree with what @urbaseballdaddy said Cape has to hit better for them to make a deep run. Central is never a gimme, Brock never has the best talent in the conference but he always seems to compete and make the tourney.

I really CR, struggled at times last year but they’re a very young team with a lot of talent. I really like Rigby leading this team game this upcoming year. Dover even caught me by surprise with how good they played last year. Davis and Carney will have to pitch well this year to give them a chance at competing for the conference. Gordon always seems to have those boys ready to play. Poly always seem to hit well, but losing Chasanov, Garey and Rivera that line up won’t be the same. Buckson and Harris will have to step up. Cape has the best talent in the conference even in the state arguably. Elliott, Gelof and Erickson just isn’t a fair staff for anyone. I agree with what @urbaseballdaddy said Cape has to hit better for them to make a deep run. Central is never a gimme, Brock never has the best talent in the conference but he always seems to compete and make the tourney.

Cape should be better 1-9 in the lineup this year I believe the starters are def more clear cut than last , Cape held on to a few seniors last year to long for defensive reasons and I get it but with the pitching staff this year I feel that will take care of itself and better bats can be on the field even if 1-2 could be defensive liabilities

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT