ADVERTISEMENT

Brackets are out.

That 152 bracket is horrible. The whole top half are the top 3 in 152. Nurideen you win the henlopen…. Now deal with the top wrestlers in the the other two conferences on your side of the bracket.

Reactions: ColonialGrad
Did he beat Spoor or Antonio this year? If yes, all good. If Copes from Milford beat either one of them, then all good on criteria. But if neither Copes nor Hudson have wins over either of them this year, that's a problem with the seeds.

I mean regardless…. Spoor should’ve been the #2 seed and Antonio has a much stronger case.
yep. I was just providing context as to why he had 5 wins and not 25+ like you would expect if he wrestled the whole season. his win over an injured copes probably has something to do with the seed as copes has a 1st period pin over statts and Hudson has a win over copes

yep. I was just providing context as to why he had 5 wins and not 25+ like you would expect if he wrestled the whole season. his win over an injured copes probably has something to do with the seed as copes has a 1st period pin over statts and Hudson has a win over copes
Antonio beat Hudson h2h. What happened with Copes does not matter. H2H always comes first and I doubt Copes has wins over common opponents with Antonio.

Antonio beat Hudson h2h. What happened with Copes does not matter. H2H always comes first and I doubt Copes has wins over common opponents with Antonio.
Meant I doubt Copes has wins over common opponents Antonio lost to

antonio lost to spoor so he can't be seeded until spoor is and spoor is at 4 so highest antonio can be is 5 regardless of his h2h with Hudson
it's a strange one for sure.

Reactions: concord87
152 has been completely butchered. Staats has 5 losses in state. 3 to Copes. 1 to Cope. 1 to Kemp(145). Not sure why he was given the 1 to start over Spoor. Hudson beat a Copes who according to De live sports had a broken arm. Spoor and Antonio each only have 1. Vs each other. Antonio is 2-0 vs Cope. 1-0 vs Hudson. Lake FF 152 vs both DMA and Caravel. Not saying it was on purpose but they did less then a week prior to conferences. Hopefully committee gets it right.

Last edited:
Besides 152 I think they did good on top 3-4. Some confusion with lower seeds. I see a couple spots where a kid was given a higher seed then someone else when they had different results with common opponents. Too hard to seed all 16. However it is better then old format

the way I read it is statts beat Hudson , Hudson beat Copes, spoor beat antonio so highest antonio can be is 5. assuming Copes must have a criteria over spoor somewhere so Copes is higher than spoor, could be last year place at states Copes was higher since spoor is a freshman
honestly bender getting hurt is what really did it in lol

Last edited:
the way I read it is statts beat Hudson , Hudson beat Copes, spoor beat antonio so highest antonio can be is 5. assuming Copes must have a criteria over spoor somewhere so Copes is higher than spoor
honestly bender getting hurt is what really did it in lol
Why is Copes the main piece here is my question…. He has zero wins against Antonio and Spoor. A 1 pt win vs a I5 and 3-1 win vs Novack who lost spot to Spoor. Antonio should be the main piece and seeded around. Has beat Hudson and had convincing wins vs Cope. Only loss to Spoor. If they do that then seeding comes out right. What did Antonio finish last year? Copes was 3rd.

as a runner-up you can't be put up until the champion is seeded. since spoor got the 4 the highest antonio was eligible for was the 5. if spoor was the 1 then antonio could have been the 2 if spoor was the 3 so on and so on. the reason copes is the central piece is statts had criteria over Hudson copes over spoor and spoor over antonio so antonio having criteria over Hudson only comes into play if the were both up for the 2 which they weren't unfortunately

antonio was only up against cope for a seed and he had the criteria so he got the 5 and cope the 6. antonio was never up against statts Hudson or copes. spoor was up against them

As bad as it is it makes sense. Spoor/Antonio 2 matches best two matches I seen this year in state

As bad as it is it makes sense. Spoor/Antonio 2 matches best two matches I seen this year in state.
totally agree. so as strange as it sounds. I really think the winner of the rubber match in the quarters will be my favorite to win it all

Miller August rematch in semis will be a good one
I think it will as well August is 4-0 against Miller this year but matches have been close. I think August has a real shot at winning, he hasn't lost a match since he lost to Deevey at beast and he has really wrestled lights out.

With a quick glance the strangest thing that I see is that there are 3 conference final matchups in the opening round and possible 7 conference final rematches in the quarter finals. Just seems odd that they were seeded so close to each other

I would like to know the “formula” that puts them the way they are…supposedly the conference champs go up on the board first then they go from there so unless there’s a head to head or common opponent loss how can a 2nd place & 3rd place finisher get seeded above a conference champ??? Unless there really isn’t a formula & they only use it when it’s convenient i.e. can’t get seeded above someone you lost to & they screw that kid also so there’s a 2 for 1… LA & Welch should be furious over this…should be finals match not quarters…last years results of state finish should not matter to this years seeding Copes gets 3 seed because he lost to Hudson but placed 3rd last year in states & independent conference champ is a freshman so no past results to go off of it’s absolutely crazy…Almost think the old way might be better takes the politics out of it & if you don’t think there’s politics involved than maybe I’m crazy!!
as a runner-up you can't be put up until the champion is seeded. since spoor got the 4 the highest antonio was eligible for was the 5. if spoor was the 1 then antonio could have been the 2 if spoor was the 3 so on and so on. the reason copes is the central piece is statts had criteria over Hudson copes over spoor and spoor over antonio so antonio having criteria over Hudson only comes into play if the were both up for the 2 which they weren't unfortunately

what do you think spoors criteria over the top 3 seeds are?
Spoor only loss in state at 152 to Antonio.

Antonio only loss in state to Spoor. 2-0 vs Cope. Also Beat Hudson.

Staats 5 losses in state. 1-1 vs Cope. 0-3 vs Copes.

Hudson lost to Antonio and Staats. Beat Copes with “broken arm”.

Antonio should have been considered just as heavy as Copes when seeding was done if not more. Copes 3rd states. Antonio 4th.

Last edited:
So, a number 1 goes up in the board and gets seeded. Fine. But there plenty of number ones who are not a top three seed, especially coming out of BHC. Are we being told that the three HC guys at 52 had to be the top three seeds, emphasizing had to be, for the bracket for some reason other than what we know.

Is there someone in the room responsible for representing the interests of Indy conf? If so, how do you watch the Indy finals and allow those wrestlers to end up 4 and 5? They would have had to throw me out of the room before I let that be published.

Is there someone in the room responsible for representing the interests of Indy conf? If so, how do you watch the Indy finals and allow those wrestlers to end up 4 and 5? They would have had to throw me out of the room before I let that be published.
Good point. Personally I think majority of those people in that room are older and spend most of there time if any watching just a particular team or two. Or maybe old friends that just wanna see things run smooth and get it over with. According to there criteria/thinking you can make argument the H4 should be over Spoor as well. He beat the 1 and is a senior.

Good point. Personally I think majority of those people in that room are older and spend most of there time if any watching just a particular team or two. Or maybe old friends that just wanna see things run smooth and get it over with. According to there criteria/thinking you can make argument the H4 should be over Spoor as well. He beat the 1 and is a senior.
antonio beat cope spoor beat antonio so spoor had criteria over cope that's why he got the 4 antonio 5 and cope 6. statts Hudson Copes all must have had criteria over spoor so he got 4 and spoor had criteria over Antonio and Antonio over Cope so they got the 5 and 6 is how I'm reading it based on criteria I'm aware of. it makes sense based on criteria but is hard to swallow

Last edited:
Spoor only loss in state at 152 to Antonio.

Antonio only loss in state to Spoor. 2-0 vs Cope. Also Beat Hudson.

Staats 5 losses in state. 1-1 vs Cope. 0-3 vs Copes.

Hudson lost to Antonio and Staats. Beat Copes with “broken arm”.

Antonio should have been considered just as heavy as Copes when seeding was done if not more. Copes 3rd states. Antonio 4th.
I'm pretty sure criteria is H2H common opponent results and last years place. can't get seeded until guy ahead of you at conferences is seeded.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT