ADVERTISEMENT

Brackets are out.

I'm pretty sure criteria is H2H common opponent results and last years place. can't get seeded until guy ahead of you at conferences is seeded.
.....I get it, its math, but if a theory is flawed, which it is in this case, men who care about wrestling and the kids should talk through the situation and make a simple decision. You don't just throw your hands up and say "oh well". Antonio is a friggin Senior and his potential State final match is in the quarters

Reactions: ColonialGrad
Based off that logic Antonio beat Hudson and Spoor beat Antonio…. So…..
antonio beat cope spoor beat antonio so spoor had criteria over cope that's why he got the 4 antonio 5 and cope 6. statts Hudson Copes all must have had criteria over spoor so he got 4 and spoor had criteria over Antonio and Antonio over Cope so they got the 5 and 6 is how I'm reading it based on criteria I'm aware of. it makes sense based on criteria but is hard to swallow

From what I'm told is that there is a group of people and then one representative from each conference and then they go through the seeding. I'm sure it is much like when coaches have to pick all conference and all state teams, the better you are at politics the more guys you get. Just running through and it did seem like the henlopen guys ended up with the best draws throughout. 120 henlopen has something like 6 of the top 7 seeds. I know those guys are good but that seems very one sided.

From what I'm told is that there is a group of people and then one representative from each conference and then they go through the seeding. I'm sure it is much like when coaches have to pick all conference and all state teams, the better you are at politics the more guys you get. Just running through and it did seem like the henlopen guys ended up with the best draws throughout. 120 henlopen has something like 6 of the top 7 seeds. I know those guys are good but that seems very one sided.
120 is probably deepeset in state. Gabe placed higher than copes cordrey and Pete in HC Pete has criteria over Marcello who is I 1 so he can't be higher than 5 baker at 6 has criteria over st marks kid who gets the 7 and Darby is 8th. HC has 6 of top 8 based on h2h common and last year place. agree its brutal

Good chatter but the bottom line is you are going to have to beat the best guys to be state champ whether it is in the quarters, semis, or finals. Get a big win early and ride high into finals. Even though I know by seeding everybody this is what they were trying to avoid.

Reactions: Longagoplayer
Good chatter but the bottom line is you are going to have to beat the best guys to be state champ whether it is in the quarters, semis, or finals. Get a big win early and ride high into finals. Even though I know by seeding everybody this is what they were trying to avoid.
Well said...it is the state tournament and in the end you will be facing the best at some point.

152 played out as thought with Spoor and Antonio getting 1st and 3rd. Seeding cost 1 a state finals appearance.

Great tournament overall. Attendance was great. Need a bigger venue. All 3 sessions sold out I believe. People turned away.

Could be wrong but second year in a row North De had more state champs. I do believe Henlopen is still deeper overall.

152 played out as thought with Spoor and Antonio getting 1st and 3rd. Seeding cost 1 a state finals appearance.

Great tournament overall. Attendance was great. Need a bigger venue. All 3 sessions sold out I believe. People turned away.

Could be wrong but second year in a row North De had more state champs. I do believe Henlopen is still deeper overall.
Sorry, the problem at 152 is still not solved. If I understand the process, all #1's go up, get seeded and then move to the #2's. Nobody seemed to have a problem dropping BHC #1 all the way to 7, which means others had criteria or they just want HC guys 1-3. Ebaugh and Spoor lose out because they are freshmen and didn't compete last year, meaning another set of criteria needs to be revamped. H2H has to count across the board regardless of qualifier placement.

Hahaha. Half of Smyrnas program has historically been from Middletown. So you're saying the 152 seeding wasn't a fraudulent effort to get HC in the finals?

I said what I felt, it’s not my job or purpose to change what you believe in. No matter how thick you cook a pancake, it still has 2 aides.

Look, the bracket was wrong. HC made it happen, Indy let it happen. Either way, it was wrong and adults were responsible.

152 is in record books and it isn’t going to change, right, wrong or indifferent. The best wrestler over those couple of days won, so I congratulate him and all the other competitors in all the weight classes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT