ADVERTISEMENT

Brothers Placing at States

jxs2151

Water boy
Mar 7, 2010
Speaking of the Brown brothers - has there ever been three brothers who placed at states in the same year as they did in 1987?

Side note: Has there been two brothers who won states in the same year as Shawn and Chad Davis did in 1994?

I don’t think there has been many- I don’t know of any 3 brothers, but as far as two brothers winning maybe the Rigby’s, Degliobezi (sp?), Saylor’s?

Both natarcola's finished 2nd last year and both have a really good shot at winning it this year.

Although not qualifying for the original poster's questions, the Wilsons of Smyrna have had multiple placers at the same state tournament. 2013 Jarren-1st 160, Kalen-2nd 132; 2014 Kalen-2nd 145, Jarren-6th 182; 2015 Kalen-1st 152, Larsen-5th 145; 2016 Larsen-1st 170, Kalen-2nd 160. Larsen-170 was solo in 2017 and placed 2nd.

Reactions: wtc76 and jxs2151
Mark was 3rd, 3rd, 2nd
Danny was 2nd, 3rd
Steve 1st, 1st, 1st
Paul was 2nd, 1st

Never in the same year.

From 1968-1976, inclusive, there was a Bastianelli placer except for 1970.
Wasnt sure about years or names. Just knew there was a mess of them

Although not qualifying for the original poster's questions, the Wilsons of Smyrna have had multiple placers at the same state tournament. 2013 Jarren-1st 160, Kalen-2nd 132; 2014 Kalen-2nd 145, Jarren-6th 182; 2015 Kalen-1st 152, Larsen-5th 145; 2016 Larsen-1st 170, Kalen-2nd 160. Larsen-170 was solo in 2017 and placed 2nd.

Wilson's, McDonough's, Natarcola's most recently.
2012- Nick Manicini - 3rd - 182 -(SAL) - Anthony Manicini - 3rd -195 -(SAL) - 2013 -Jarren Wilson -1st - 160 - (SMY) - Kalen Wilson -2nd -132 - (SMY) - 2015 - Tony Wuest -1st -182 - (SMY) - Ronnie Wuest - 3rd - 170 -(SMY) - Kyle McDonough -2nd - 113 - (SAN) -Luke McDonough - 2nd - 132 - (SAN) 2016 - don't known if they were brothers. Larsen Wilson 1st - 170 -(SMY) - Kalen Wilson 2nd - 160 -(SMY) - 2017 -Luke McDonough -2nd -145 -(SAN) - Kyle McDonough - 3rd -132 - (SAN)

Reactions: youjustme
Santoro twins from st Marks both placed first in 1998 then the following year one placed first and one second.

1994 Merganthaler brothers both placed. One first and one third. William Penn

There were also two Cylc from hodgson that got first one year but I don’t know if brothers or cousins.

Agreed that there have been plenty of brothers placing in the same year.

What I was wondering was: "...has there ever been three brothers who placed at states in the same year as they did in 1987?"

and: "Has there been two brothers who won states in the same year as Shawn and Chad Davis did in 1994?"

Cylc brothers both won it same year. Santoro brothers did it as well. Thats the only 2 that i can remember who did it in the same year.

Only 1 I would guess for 3 brothers placing is yhe Collins brothers. Mike, vhris, and Brian. Mike and Chris were state champs at 1 point diff years and Brian placed 2nd. But im not sure if they were all were in high school same time bc they were all multiple state placers and had a chance for all 3 plaving same year.

Agreed that there have been plenty of brothers placing in the same year.

What I was wondering was: "...has there ever been three brothers who placed at states in the same year as they did in 1987?"

and: "Has there been two brothers who won states in the same year as Shawn and Chad Davis did in 1994?"
jxs2151, I always considered you a historian, of sorts, of Delaware wrestling. Maybe just of Central's history! The list of past individual champions is readily available online if you want to research it. Maybe you can persuade HammersWrestling to do the analysis. He has free time these days! :)

Reactions: Fightingbluehen
jxs2151, I always considered you a historian, of sorts, of Delaware wrestling. Maybe just of Central's history! The list of past individual champions is readily available online if you want to research it. Maybe you can persuade HammersWrestling to do the analysis. He has free time these days! :)

Haha, just wait 'til I start riffing on Central wrestling's origins that go all the way back to the beginning of high school wrestling in Pennsylvania...

I know exactly where the list is. I scoured it but could not find 3 brothers placing. Completely missed the Santoro's and the Cylc's. I really should have thought of Roy and Reese.

Crowdsourcing the question gained me and, hopefully, everyone some knowledge.

Reactions: youjustme
Don’t know a set of three brothers, but an additional set of two were Mike (2nd) and Darren (5th) Shellem from Delcastle in 2005.

Mike Welch and Brian Welch may have won states the same year. Both 2 timers and only 2 years a part.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT