ADVERTISEMENT

Candeloro steps down at CR..

I want you to know that my like is for the mentioning of Kotite not for Coach Candy stepping down.

Let me share the memory of Dan Candeloro at defensive tackle in the 1981 State Title Game between the Sals and Dickinson. Dickinson won by a couple of TD's to give Coach Apostolico's Rams a big victory.

Danny was an absolute unstoppable force on the D-line for the Rams that day. He was dominant. The Sals, after an early score, couldn't get their run game on track. Nice memory for Ram fans.

Good luck to Coach Candeloro.

I want you to know that my like is for the mentioning of Kotite not for Coach Candy stepping down.

Let me share the memory of Dan Candeloro at defensive tackle in the 1981 State Title Game between the Sals and Dickinson. Dickinson won by a couple of TD's to give Coach Apostolico's Rams a big victory.

Danny was an absolute unstoppable force on the D-line for the Rams that day. He was dominant. The Sals, after an early score, couldn't get their run game on track. Nice memory for Ram fans.

Good luck to Coach Candeloro.
And a great guy away from the field

Heard today that 3 of the ones who applied for the position are Jed Bell, Marvin Dooley, and JD Maul.

Heard today that 3 of the ones who applied for the position are Jed Bell, Marvin Dooley, and JD Maul.
Dooley wants out of Woodbridge after one bad season? I hope not. He's a great coach and Woodbridge should be much better next season.

This seems very rumorish to me. Wasn't the point of Dooley going south was to move into his beach home? Jed Bell stepped down to take a administrator job at Seaford? JD Maul umm yeah I guess but I would think CR would want to go in more of a modern direction in terms of systems and schemes.

Not sure any of those would be the move CR wants to make. Well maybe Jed Bell if he throws his hat in the ring JMHO

CR needs to bring some youth and energy into the program not some old school wingers.. just saying of course

I would say Marks but I don't know if he is looking for that right now with his kid tied in with the other Smyrna kids from rec and middle school and being slated as a QB next for Smyrna. So I doubt he wants to make that move at this juncture but if I was CR I would at least inquire.

Last edited:
Reactions: 84rider
This seems very rumorish to me. Wasn't the point of Dooley going south was to move into his beach home? Jed Bell stepped down to take a administrator job at Seaford? JD Maul umm yeah I guess but I would think CR would want to go in more of a modern direction in terms of systems and schemes.

Not sure any of those would be the move CR wants to make. Well maybe Jed Bell if he throws his hat in the ring JMHO

CR needs to bring some youth and energy into the program not some old school wingers.. just saying of course

I would say Marks but I don't know if he is looking for that right now with his kid tied in with the other Smyrna kids from rec and middle school and being slated as a QB next for Smyrna. So I doubt he wants to make that move at this juncture but if I was CR I would at least inquire.

It is rumorish. But Iā€™ve heard from a more than a couple people that jed doesnā€™t like the way DIAA is handling itā€™s business and they arenā€™t letting him change much. So he is considering another route.

Dooley I was surprised when I heard it, however, rumblings are that Woodbridge community isnā€™t a fan of him.

Again, like you said this is all speculation. So take it with a grain of salt.

So you take a guy like Dooley, who has won where he has been, took the team to the Chip last year. Don't give me it wasn't his team, etc. Talent can only get you so far. The guy can coach.

Now let's get rid of him, this or that doesn't work?

He is going nowhere. He's got his 2 kids with him, it will work. Public school are always struggling to re-load. Even Middletown would struggle to re-load if they didn't get "RANDOM" players showing up every 2 years.

Stop with the youth program stuff. That $hit is over. You need to promote - NOT RECRUIT.

I want to know what happens to D3Linc - any way he survives? There are 3-4 coaches, DC/OC that would be a perfect fit.

The 302 Takeover did not happen. Those poor kids that stayed there through this garbage Stinks!

Also - since we are on the topic of good coaches etc. Ask the players. They will tell you who can, and can't. Even if they dont like someone, they will tell you if he or she can coach. Parents are not good. 95% never played, or at a high level, never got yelled at, or know how to take criticism. Yes the parents! Yet they are the first to yell at coaches and say it is not fair. You feel that way, be professional and do something about it. Have the one on one, after that, make a decision that works for you.

Bummy - how does it go? Lead, follow or get the F out of the way?

Think anybody within takes over? Carlton Brown is on staff and he was at the lead at dover couple years back.
Does Simonetti come back as a Head Coach or does Strickland come back home?

I love the Dooley comments. Go check back on his teams. I wouldnā€™t say he even has a winning record as a head coach. He won a title at Penn but some will argue other coaches won that one. Didnā€™t win much at StE and had one year at Wood that was good and this year not so much. Good guy but I still wonder about that coaching though. Canā€™t live off of the past for too much longer.

Well numbers donā€™t lie, the once proud Wm.Penn wrestling team also didnā€™t fair well under his watch

I love the Dooley comments. Go check back on his teams. I wouldnā€™t say he even has a winning record as a head coach. He won a title at Penn but some will argue other coaches won that one. Didnā€™t win much at StE and had one year at Wood that was good and this year not so much. Good guy but I still wonder about that coaching though. Canā€™t live off of the past for too much longer.
Don't forget his avon grove and Christiana days lol

Reactions: SCash
I heard Strickland to CR which has happened and I heard Jed Bells name being tossed around for the Milford job

I heard Strickland to CR which has happened and I heard Jed Bells name being tossed around for the Milford job
the DIAA Board meeting agenda has a "personnel issue" - which often means someone is leaving (usually an admin) but perhaps it is related to the Milford job

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT