ADVERTISEMENT

Capital Classic Middle School Tourney goes to 32 Teams

I saw the Mariner at Postlethwait game today & yes he is very advanced & physically intimidates kids at this level but everything will come harder vs Dover because of their depth & their guards are very physical as well. He had to have about 30 out of the 61 that the team had today when I left w/ about a minute left. I would try to pack the middle on him cuz every basket he had today was in the paint besides the 3 at the beginning of the game. I told someone from Mariner that I would like to see them vs Dover again at the Classic (if both teams won their first round games) & that person said that Dover was up 19 in the first game before Mariner stormed back to win in OT.

I agree J12 Dover will be a good match up for Mariner but I think that kid from Mariner will impose his will against CMS and pullout a close victory.

Lets Go CMS.

Great memories of the Capital Classic. As all 3 of my children won Championships. Great Tournament.

I'll be there in Blue rooting for the "Senators"

I was at the Central vs. Mariner game to start the season...Mariner was impressive, but I think Coach Poole has CMS super focused right now, and their pair of guards can dominate a game like no one else in the Henlopen...since that loss, Central has been unstoppable as well...

Last edited:
Both teams are very impressive and probably the best teams since Coach Phillips Providence Creek ran the table and the clock wasn't stopped after being up by 35 in the championship....but Coach Wright usually would just smile about now and think I like you counting me out and I will just go about my business..... and he sure does with four Capital Classic banners hanging in his gym and shouldn't ever be overlooked....Prestige also has 2 HS ready players also and should give Mariner a run on Wednesday in Georgetown.!!! This is the time of year where the men and boys are separated....Thomas Hoskins rose to the occasion and poured in 33 with a packed CMS crowd two years ago....what is the record for middle school? Has anyone scored more than 33? Nice to hear from you 44!!

Dover Boys over Fifer 53-21
Dover 19-17 Halftime
Dover:
Elijah Allen !4
Javon Peace 12
Fifer:
Adrian Watts 10
Syed Myles 10

Middle record is at least 50. Turell Bowe and Jordan Allen both from Mariner posted 50 point games in back to back seasons. Think Tyrell Moses or another Central Middle guard scored 50 as well. Tracy Jones Jr., Brian Polk, Dartez Major all if time scorers in middle school but that's way back lol.

Holy Cross Girls Beat Dover Air Base 17-4

Holy Cross All Manifold 13 points

Kimi Beegle 4

Dover Air Boys beat Holy Cross 39-36

Dover Air Elijah Booker 25

Holy Cross Carmine Poppiti 19

Postlethwait Girls beat Fifer Girls 37-22

Postlethwait

Jada McCullough 12

Jazmine Kellam 10

Fifer

Jillian Baker 6

Kyleigh Comstock 6

Game 1
Gauger Cobbs Boys 45 Providence Creek 38
Gauger Nasir Brown 12 Nasir Cowen 10
Providence Creek
Wanyay Wise 11
LJ Phillips 10
Game 2
Conrad Girls 39 Beacon 6

Ja'Nylah "The Tower of Science" Whittlesey 21
Stefanie Kulesza 9.
Game 3:
Beacon Boys 32 Caravel 22
Sh"Kia Chandler 22
Beacon
Wyatt Nelson 6 points
Game 4
Gauger Girls over Caravel 29 28
Gauger Kanisa Tucker 23 points
Caravel Kristin Russell 10

Mariner Girls 44
Campus Community Girls
Mariner Dania Cannon 25
Chelsea Jennings 6
Campus Deja Justice 16
Thalia Perez 9

Prestige Academy Boys 57
Mariner Middle 56

Jakim Vaughn and Jakkiem Demby 17 points each
Mariner Collin Mallett 17
JoJo Kirby 14

NOTE: Mariner star Cory Barnes took a hard fall and split his chin open...went through concussion protocol at 7:47 left in the third quarter..did not return..Mariner was up 21...Prestige pressed ...fouled and stole the ball for the victory and the upset...Prestige's Coach Khan was out getting a heart procedure while Assistant coach Rodney Orr filled in nicely

Georgetown Middle Girls 29
Chipman 8

Georgetown Jamarah Hopkins 15 Tameeyah Bowden 8
Chipman Antaziah Freeman 6

Georgetown Boys 37
Chipman 33

Georgetown Devon Reynolds and Amir Mollock 12 each
Chipman Jayzem Vasquez 16
Zyaire Elliott and Quest Hughes 5 each

Mariner Girls 44
Campus Community Girls
Mariner Dania Cannon 25
Chelsea Jennings 6
Campus Deja Justice 16
Thalia Perez 9

Prestige Academy Boys 57
Mariner Middle 56

Jakim Vaughn and Jakkiem Demby 17 points each
Mariner Collin Mallett 17
JoJo Kirby 14

NOTE: Mariner star Cory Barnes took a hard fall and split his chin open...went through concussion protocol at 7:47 left in the third quarter..did not return..Mariner was up 21...Prestige pressed ...fouled and stole the ball for the victory and the upset...Prestige's Coach Khan was out getting a heart procedure while Assistant coach Rodney Orr filled in nicely

Georgetown Middle Girls 29
Chipman 8

Georgetown Jamarah Hopkins 15 Tameeyah Bowden 8
Chipman Antaziah Freeman 6

Georgetown Boys 37
Chipman 33

Georgetown Devon Reynolds and Amir Mollock 12 each
Chipman Jayzem Vasquez 16
Zyaire Elliott and Quest Hughes 5 each

Wooow that sucks for Mariner, Coach Hazzard & Cory. I was looking forward to seeing the Mariner vs Dover rematch in the championship of the main bracket. I will say that if Mariner was up on Prestige by 21 w/ 7:47 left in the third quarter then Prestige may be in for a looong night vs Dover in that championship game this Sunday...I'll take Dover by 20+ before they call the dogs off.

I am a little confused on one thing...are we sure that the kid got hurt w/ 7:47 left in the third quarter? I thought that these middle school games were being played w/ 6-minute quarters?

Reactions: urbaseballdaddy
Seaford Boys over Campus Community 47-36
Seaford
Darrell Banks 16
T'Quan Fraiser 10

Thomas Edison Charter Girls beats Seaford 38-22
Edison
Taelynn Brooks 24
Joy Watson 8
Seaford
Ciara Wilson 8

Dover Girls Beat Woodbridge 43-28