ADVERTISEMENT

Caravel Baseball 2018

Jan 28, 2018
* Schedule to play very competitive teams
* Coaches Change
* Coaches come in with good talent left from last years STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM!!

*So what do the New Coaches do........ Want to change everything and have talent sit on the bench every game from last year's team.

* WHY !!!!! would your leadoff be Green. Nothing against him but he is not a leadoff.

* Keister is your leadoff and you stick with him. Plays Shortstop no matter what.

* Holiday on the Bench for game is crap.

* Silan Playing first Base crap. ( CORRECTION SILAN WAS ON THE BENCH WITH HOLIDAY THE WHOLE GAME )

* Longinotti Finally is in at 2B. That kids didn't make an error all last year even through the State Tournament. ( Played the whole year with a torn Labrum )

* So it's easy, If Silan isn't pitching he is in RF, If Holiday isn't Pitching he is in LF.

* Kaden doesn't come out of CF because he is the best on that team on tracking down balls and has a good bat.

Better get Croce in for his bat and more reps on the mound if you plan on going deep into playoff. Oh Yea, Croce Places 1b & Outfield too. ( But you have him sitting too)

You Newbee Caravel Baseball Coaches need to get on board fast.... Maybe go back and look at last year's film to learn something about the players you have instead of playing the power game.

If not, you will look silly driving the TITANTIC ............

Last edited:
NEW FLASH..... THIS JUST IN,

AARON HOLIDAY had a college scout to the game last night and those awesome coaches knew about it and never put him in the game.

Hope they feel great about that, now they are road blocks for a student athlete to play at the next level.

Great Job Coaches.......

* Schedule to play very competitive teams
* Coaches Change
* Coaches come in with good talent left from last years STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM!!

*So what do the New Coaches do........ Want to change everything and have talent sit on the bench every game from last year's team.

* WHY !!!!! would your leadoff be Green. Nothing against him but he is not a leadoff.

* Keister is your leadoff and you stick with him. Plays Shortstop no matter what.

* Holiday on the Bench for game is crap.

* Silan Playing first Base crap. ( CORRECTION SILAN WAS ON THE BENCH WITH HOLIDAY THE WHOLE GAME )

* Longinotti Finally is in at 2B. That kids didn't make an error all last year even through the State Tournament. ( Played the whole year with a torn Labrum )

* So it's easy, If Silan isn't pitching he is in RF, If Holiday isn't Pitching he is in LF.

* Kaden doesn't come out of CF because he is the best on that team on tracking down balls and has a good bat.

Better get Croce in for his bat and more reps on the mound if you plan on going deep into playoff. Oh Yea, Croce Places 1b & Outfield too. ( But you have him sitting too)

You Newbee Caravel Baseball Coaches need to get on board fast.... Maybe go back and look at last year's film to learn something about the players you have instead of playing the power game.

If not, you will look silly driving the TITANTIC ............
Feel like this information is wrong, coaches probably know what they’re doing

If coaches knew what they were doing they wouldn’t of lost to a team that gave up 40 runs in last 3 games . When was the last time Caravel lost to any team that was 1-7 ???

If that's what you think !!! If they know what they were doing they would of not lost to that team Saturday night.

I agree about upsets, But the decisions that were made by those coaches are ridiculous. Sitting a kid when they knew a college was there to look at him. That's sad..

HS parent baseball rants are awesome keep up the good work guys ! Didn’t Zegna pitch for Newark , haven’t seen him in a few years but if I remember right he’s pretty good ? Again haven’t seen him in 2-3 years. I can say youd rather have that loss now then being 16-0 , 17-0 trying to maintain the perfect record into the last game or two , that’s pressure ! All loses sucks but now Caravel has theirs and they can relax and play ! Just my worthless 2 cents

OMG! Caravel lost! Cats chasing dogs total chaos! I applaud the coaches for giving the bench players a game or two or three. If you play the same 10-11 players every game you have no idea who to put in if someone gets injured or goes into a slump. It is how you develop a TEAM! Why would the coaches care if they lose 2 or 3 or more games if it makes them a better team in the long run? They will be in the playoffs as one of the favorites.

Last edited:
OMG! Caravel lost! Cats chasing dogs total chaos! I applaud the coaches for giving the bench players a game or two or three. If you play the same 10-11 players every game you have no idea who to put in if someone gets injured or goes into a slump. It is how you develop a TEAM! Why would the coaches if they lose 2 or 3 or more games if it makes them a better team in the long run? They will be in the playoffs as one of the favorites.
Exactly now you know why the kids act the way they do on that team take a look at their parents actions

I agree about upsets, But the decisions that were made by those coaches are ridiculous. Sitting a kid when they knew a college was there to look at him. That's sad..

This is sad... but it happens. Know for a fact it happened to a kid down at Cape Henlopen last year , and it was not just any school that came to see him, it was the Naval Academy. And they lost the game also. But that was not a discipline situation, just on purpose not putting the kid on field.

There are ways to get a point across, or discipline players without 'punishing" the entire team.

High School Coaches mostly do a good job, but there is a responsibility when it comes to players' lives and futures.

I completely understand the coaches rationale, they were playing against 1-6 team, why not get some of the younger players some playing time. With the way Caravel schedules, there isn’t that many supposed easy games. When the game got ugly, the coach brought back his starters. No issues and no concerns. Hey, let’s face it, parents and student athletes know Caravel is a De baseball powerhouse, if you want playing time there were other schools available.

The staters never came into game and the only position change was 2nd and pitcher and the 2nd basemen was the starter all last season . You develop kids in practice not in a game situation and you put them in good situations to succeed pulling starters to do so isn’t helping the two kids that got into the game !

HS parent baseball rants are awesome keep up the good work guys ! Didn’t Zegna pitch for Newark , haven’t seen him in a few years but if I remember right he’s pretty good ? Again haven’t seen him in 2-3 years. I can say youd rather have that loss now then being 16-0 , 17-0 trying to maintain the perfect record into the last game or two , that’s pressure ! All loses sucks but now Caravel has theirs and they can relax and play ! Just my worthless 2 cents
Another thing if they did their coaching job they would know Zegna is a great player and would bring it on the mound. That kid is a pure athlete.

Reactions: urbaseballdaddy
A few of the Kids and parents I should've said

Should look at the other side of that coin there too. Parents think high school is little league and all deserve equal amount of time. Wrong!!!!

If you really follow Delaware Baseball you would now it's so competitive. Just look how people run their mouth about Private & Non-Private schools.

Reactions: 84rider
A few of the Kids and parents I should've said

You were right the first time. These kids across all sports have parents, summer coaches and "friends" telling them they're D1/pro material and their high school coaches don't know what they're doing, blah blah blah...it's annoying AF from an observational perspective, I couldn't imagine dealing with these overinflated egos as a coach on a daily basis.

Reactions: truestatements1
When I originally heard about the Hodgson & Carvel coaching changes this year, I was a bit shocked that Caravel didnt offer to Doug Nowell. Dont ask me why, I guess I always considered a much higher level coach than than the others?? And maybe old Hodgson coach out of his comfort zone at Caravel. My prediction is before it is all over, next year, a couple years, five years, 10 years, Nowell will eventually be at caravel. Just a prediction, and sounds like the Caravel bleachers want it sooner than later?

Apparently you guys haven’t seen the mastermind coaches at Mtwn! (Insert sarcasm). And I don’t even have a horse in the race. I see a lot of folks criticize umpiring/ officiating on here. But sometimes the coaching, or lack thereof, is just as bad, if not worse!

When I originally heard about the Hodgson & Carvel coaching changes this year, I was a bit shocked that Caravel didnt offer to Doug Nowell. Dont ask me why, I guess I always considered a much higher level coach than than the others?? And maybe old Hodgson coach out of his comfort zone at Caravel. My prediction is before it is all over, next year, a couple years, five years, 10 years, Nowell will eventually be at caravel. Just a prediction, and sounds like the Caravel bleachers want it sooner than later?

Well, i'm sure it help that he was already an assistant football coach at Caravel.

I could only imagine what the scores of the games would be if Doug Nowell was the coach. He don't play games. He is a hungry coach who loves to win and not go through the motions.

Sounds like the north of canal fans are already upset because they know they don’t own a championship this year. Private schools are consistently at the top of the state every season but this year may be different. Suck it up and realize the SOUTH is the better this year.

Sounds like the north of canal fans are already upset because they know they don’t own a championship this year. Private schools are consistently at the top of the state every season but this year may be different. Suck it up and realize the SOUTH is the better this year.
Personally, I'd like to see any team win the championship for the next few years other than Caravel and St Marks.

Sounds like the basketball board. Let it play out cause that didn't work out so well....

Gone Country....i'm all for having a new team emerge this year other than St Marks/Caravel...but i don't know that the South is stronger this year. Cape is the only strong team i see to be honest. In my opinion the South is weaker than normal. Tech, Poly, Dover, Smyrna, Central arent exactly powerhouses. In fairness i think most teams seem weaker than normal...i don't see any powerhouses to be honest. Appo, Mtown (so far), even St Marks and Caravel...just my opinion.

here are some facts...

Cape 2-1 against "North" top teams (beat Mtwon and Sallies lost to Appo)
CR 0-1 against North teams (lost to Hodgson)
IR 0-2 against St Marks and Caravel
Dover 0-1 against Mtown
Poly 0-2 against St G & Hodgson
Smyrna 0-3 against DMA, Mtown, Appo
Tech 1-0 against WP
Milford 0-2 against St G & Hodgson
Central no north opponents
Delmar no north opponents

im seeing South is 3-12 against the North...(FYI not picking on the south, just stating facts)

as a side note and to be fair, other than DMA, the south has played all top 10 teams, just my two cents

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT