ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching vacancies

DoItWrite

moving up to Varsity
Mar 8, 2016
So far, the two I know of are Padua and A.I. They are a study in contrasts. Padua is young and doesn't have a superstar. A.I. is graduating basically everyone has an excellent building block in Ber'Nyah Ward-Mayo, should she return.

Any thoughts?

not sure if fatty Is going to stay. she could drew some talent with her. they had mooch Dixon there but she transferred out to her feeder school. that would have to be a rebuilding process there. Padua has a couple of pieces. one is Arianna henry a freshman. solid shooter but was never really used. not sure y. A.I. could rebound back if the right coach gets there and can lure some talent there. they have one the best public school educational environment that parents wouldn't oppose to having there kid going there. Padua is a little tougher. unlike some of the other private schools. they don't offer a substantial amount of aide to come there. and for a school that prides themselves on being the best both academically and athletically you would think they would do a little better. but the main issue that is a little underlying that has a slow undercurrent is that the school as whole doesn't treat there minorities better. a particular player is currently there had a issue with race at that school. and it isn't the first time ive heard of that. I know it was a better job when john Armstrong was coaching there. but the history is there. but with the right coaches these two programs could really make a nice mark if the AD's do a good job of finding better coaches. Padua will take longer to turn around than A.I..Pauda will need a bigger culture change in order to make a difference there. but Padua has one of the better schedules in the state. A.i. will be subjected to conference play that some games will not be challenging if the players come. its hard to say. they just need the right person in these programs

I saw on the St. Mark's website that they're looking for a girls' hoops coach, but any idea why Tracey Howell's leaving AI? That's her alma mater and I assume her dream job.

And I was wondering what happened to Dixon, where was her feeder school? A.I. could've been extra dangerous if Dixon had stayed with Ward-Mayo and Griffin this year.

Highly doubt Mayo stays at A.I., surprised she ever went there in the 1st place

yeah I heard fatty wont stay. but that could change depending on the new coach is. but the two girls wanted to make there own path at a/I and they were doing that until Dixon left. but we will see

I heard tracy wanted to spend more time with the newborn

I didn't even know she was with child, that's awesome!

I remember her and Monica Peterson from Gene Thompson's Wilmington Basketball Camps, we used to have dozens battles between games and stations, now she's a mom. Time flies.

Where do y'all think Ward-Mayo and Dixon end up?

yeah those two are moving not sure where they will end. I've heard a bunch rumors on girls leaving. Handy maybe leaving laurel, mayo from A.I., davis from St. Elizabeth, and the younger Blatch- huggins maybe from Howard.

also there a few girls that are not happy in the private schools. Rumor not happy is park-lane from Sanford. not sure true this is. and also hendly from ursuline. again not sure how true.

1.I hope Yanni doesn't leave UA, her and Noonan are good for each other, 'where would she go'. You have her,Lish,Maggie,Liv and Kay returning,no way she leaves and get what UA offers her as far as D1 instructions, competition a winning tradition and opportunity to set a record for most state Championship wins. Now if she leaves Delaware thats another issue. "Blatch-Huggins would fit in well here"

2.Lauren didn't seem happy the last game, couldn't figure out what it was. I like her and the other Tucker guard together however I think they need another gaurd to rest her. Where would she go?

3.Davis,Mayo and Lee would be great,but it's going to be hard replacing Ms. Do it all Speaks. So they would still need another big.

But overall the key to Delaware is getting girls to buy into the system and not have to worry about pleasing everyone.

I'm a fan of Yanni Hendley's game, I know it's a lot to ask of a girl with her talent, but if she can ride out this next season (Maggie Connolly's senior year), she'll be set for an explosive senior year herself.

Howard alum bias speaking here lol, I hope Ronnasia Blatch-Huggins stays at Howard because her, Na'Leigha Wright and Jaymail Hollis would make a REALLY good big three. However if she does go to Ursuline or St. E's, that'd be a good look for her.

1.I hope Yanni doesn't leave UA, her and Noonan are good for each other, 'where would she go'. You have her,Lish,Maggie,Liv and Kay returning,no way she leaves and get what UA offers her as far as D1 instructions, competition a winning tradition and opportunity to set a record for most state Championship wins. Now if she leaves Delaware thats another issue. "Blatch-Huggins would fit in well here"

2.Lauren didn't seem happy the last game, couldn't figure out what it was. I like her and the other Tucker guard together however I think they need another gaurd to rest her. Where would she go?

3.Davis,Mayo and Lee would be great,but it's going to be hard replacing Ms. Do it all Speaks. So they would still need another big.

But overall the key to Delaware is getting girls to buy into the system and not have to worry about pleasing everyone.

1. Yanni isn't leaving UA. I know this for a FACT! And by chance if she did it would be out of state.

2. I doubt highly that Lauren leaves Sanford. Sanford is a great situation for her. They were young and didnt have the depth needed to hang with UA.
As for these 2....how many girls have you seen transfer out of either of these programs???? Not too many!

3. They have another big that can play the 3, 4, and 5 which is a Freshman. Played JV as a 8th grader and then played JV as a freshman at St. Elizabeth this past season and could've been used on Varsity this past season for depth. She averaged a double double and had a few 18 rebound games along with Lee's sister who played well on JV scoring and reboundin...leaves me to wonder if these 2 kid that can give you extra possesions like that could've gave you some good minutes in the rotation to had beat Caravel.

Reactions: big-picture
1. Yanni isn't leaving UA. I know this for a FACT! And by chance if she did it would be out of state.

2. I doubt highly that Lauren leaves Sanford. Sanford is a great situation for her. They were young and didnt have the depth needed to hang with UA.
As for these 2....how many girls have you seen transfer out of either of these programs???? Not too many!

3. They have another big that can play the 3, 4, and 5 which is a Freshman. Played JV as a 8th grader and then played JV as a freshman at St. Elizabeth this past season and could've been used on Varsity this past season for depth. She averaged a double double and had a few 18 rebound games along with Lee's sister who played well on JV scoring and reboundin...leaves me to wonder if these 2 kid that can give you extra possesions like that could've gave you some good minutes in the rotation to had beat Caravel.

Certainly wouldn't surprise me if Yanni transferred out. I had heard the same from a good source. She shouldn't play fourth fiddle( Lewis, Connolly, and Mason) in this small state. She can play. Would be interesting.

Hearing there may be more then a few girls from top schools leaving but I don't want to spread any rumors. At the end of the day, like I said why stay at a Sanford or Ursuline when you could compete against them. Winning 18 to 20 games and a state title and sitting on the bench for these teams makes no sense. Waiting until your Jr year to play, again makes no sense. Go to a solid academic school that's going to prepare you the best & to a school where you can play and have success. You end up getting most of your looks or attention from AAU anyway.

I don't want to see yanni leave either. but I heard the reason she would leave has nothing to do with basketball. and I heard from two different people that the situation did happen.. now im not sure if that is enough to make her leave or anything. but I find it hard to believe that if this happened that it happened at that school. they have much diversity to having this type of issue. again just a rumor

park lane I wouldn't think would leave. blatch- huggins not sure where she would go. but they are saying she is definitely leaving

Some girls have a better situation than others. Since no college coach is coming to see just any high school game in Delaware why not focus on playing for a top level AAU team that will play in the right tournaments in April and July?

I heard the Kulesza sisters and Whittlesey are now playing with the Belles. LP and Tucker also with the Belles. Blatch- Huggins, Marvel and a bunch of other girls at BBA Titans. It matters more where you play in April and July then any high school. Boo Williams, Peach Jam, Run for the Roses USJN etc. The Belles play top level competition and BBA Titans played the Belles, Comets, Team Takeover, Fredrick Finest, Kentucky Premier plus other top level clubs last year.

Remember Altia Anderson went to Woodbridge and now plays at Marquette an NCAA tournament team. Why leave I good academic institution for what? Now Yanni may have a different issue and Ronasia should only transfer if the academic situation will improve her chances else there is no need to chase ships in HS.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT