ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching vacancies

....and there was the linked article on the Cape job is open.....
Tough Jobs- those 3. All have some talent, with lots of that talent going to “other” schools. Cape has been most surprising for me. Really thought they had talent and beef upfront this year. Of the 3. I think Concord could make the biggest jump. Usually have good youth programs and tough players. Cape will need to get some of their athletes in other sports to play football. Too many athletes in that school. AI- don’t have an answer to that one…

Random thoughts/questions from a random guy on the internet....

AI forfeiting the last 3 games of the season was a crippling blow for their program; could easily have been the final straw for Coach Blum after the team's leadership quit mid-season to focus on basketball. Whoever takes position will be rebuilding a program, and culture, from the ground up. Can be viewed as a positive or negative.

Crazy to think about the decline of Concord over the past 15 years. From perennial powerhouse to just another school on a team's schedule. Coach Mitchell did what he could with the talent available, but not sure Concord is getting the same talent as they did in the past. Charter schools are the cliché scapegoat for Concord/Brandywine/Ai dwindling talent pool. Is this still the case? How can Concord become a contender again?

How is Cape so good at lax but can't get their football program rolling? No linemen in Sussex county? This can't be the case. Lax bros only? Maybe. Any Cape insiders on here?

Who would you like to see become the next HC for these programs?

edit: need to note that the Ai basketball team had a great year, going 14-5 in the regular season, with a tough loss in the first round of playoffs

I as in attendance at the AI-Laurel game. I was impressed with AI's talent. There weren't programs. Who is #11 for AI? The kid has impressive athletic skills.

Have heard a lot of rumors about Milford HC taking over the Cape job. Another possible name could be Kevin Smith who is currently the AD at cape. Coached in Virginia and Polytech not sure if he’s interested or not though.

Reactions: nomorenonstop
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT