ADVERTISEMENT

Colby Reeder

dovetail

All-State
Nov 13, 2003
Anyone close to the Sals program know if he plans to play this Spring. He played as a freshman and was an impact player from the beginning and then dropped the sport to concentrate on football. Coming back this Spring would be a great way to go out as a senior.

I always thought the lose of the Reeder's cost the Sals a shot at a top five national ranking. Especially the lose of Colby. As an example lets look at the two games the Sals lost last year.
The overtime lose to Malvern was especially hard to take. Sals fans can correct me but I don't recall the Sals winning a single face off in the second half in both the Hill Canada and Malvern games. You can't beat National programs if you lose every face off and I think Colby would have held his own

Also I heard that the young man who was slotted to do face offs for the Sals this year suffered an injury that will keep him from playing. Maybe that will be incentive for Colby to come out of Lacrosse retirement

The Sals will need someone who can hold their own at face off. I just looked at their schedule and it is loaded with powerful out of state squads

If he loved it he would have never stopped playing. The risk/reward for him to have fun doesn't equal up. No reason to play.

Hey; Doctor Phil. Reeder stopped playing Lax to concentrate on football and the weight training/physical conditioning part of it. For him, it was a year round job. H.S. football is in his rear view mirror now and all he has left is the spring of his senior year. He was very good in face-offs as a freshman so why not pick up the stick again?

I wonder how much parental influence now has on a kid giving up all other sports to concentrate on only one? Is that how it works today? Are kids told playing lacrosse will hurt your chances of playing D1 football? I always thought if you were good enough to play at the college level, some school somewhere would find you and recruit you. In our day we would never even have thought of giving baseball because it would increase our chances of playing college football. Times have obviously passed me by.

I wonder how much parental influence now has on a kid giving up all other sports to concentrate on only one? Is that how it works today? Are kids told playing lacrosse will hurt your chances of playing D1 football? I always thought if you were good enough to play at the college level, some school somewhere would find you and recruit you. In our day we would never even have thought of giving baseball because it would increase our chances of playing college football. Times have obviously passed me by.
giving "up" baseball

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT