ADVERTISEMENT

David Sills

He is currently 3rd on depth chart in spring ball behind Skylar Howard and William Crest. Howard is decent but ultimately he's not the answer. Crest has a year in the system (enrolled last fall - not an early enrollee) and was a 4 star in high school in Baltimore. I think in summer camp it will come down to David and Crest. I've heard rumors of the possibility of changing Crest's position if Sills beats him out. We also have a kid from Jersey, Chuganov, who the coaching staff is really high on. He is currently 4th on the chart.

I think there is a very real possibility that Sills becomes our starter at some point next year. If they think he's the guy, they might start off with Howard due to his experience and gradually work Sills in until they're comfortable with him playing the whole game.

This article says Howard and Crest are getting the majority of the reps. It could just be attributable to the fact they have a better control of the offense intellectually due to their experience - or it could be they're better QB's. Should be a very interesting QB battle at WVU this spring and summer.

Sills article

@Fog

I'm sure daddy $illz will make a fine donation and problem solved....

just saying

@Fog... I noticed the article did not mention Shorts? whats the story has he fallen down the Depth Chart?

That surprised me as well. He's still top of the depth chart and I think he's pretty solid in that position. A lot of people are predicting a huge year from him. He should be the go to guy in the short to mid range passing game. We have some burners who will be the deep threat guys to replace Kevin White. As an aside, Kevin White's little brother will be a Mountaineer this year coming to WVU from juco just like Kevin.

Now I'm hearing they have moved Shorts outside opposite Shelton Gibson. Apparently they were having a tough time finding guys outside to replace Kevin White and Mario Alford so Holgorsen decided to move him out there. I think they says something about Dakiel.

I'm also hearing that because our backfield is so deep, they are going to use Wendell Smallwood in the slot some (in addition to his reps at RB) to try to get the ball into his hands more often.

Sills first series (that I saw- its the second quarter - he may have played earlier) in the spring game. Ran for about 5, bobbled a snap and threw and incomplete pass (hit the receiver in the back as he hadn't turned around yet).

If he went to DMA he be the starting QB on any team in college he wanted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT