ADVERTISEMENT

David Sills IV

I don't think he will make the roster. If they are able to, they will put him on the practice squad. If he is at least on the practice squad and someone picks him up they have to automatically put him on their 53 man roster so hopefully someone liked what they saw last night. Also due to injury and not really being able to practice things don't look good for Gary Brightwell making the 53 man for the giants either

Giants just put WR & TE on the IR, Sills has a good chance to make the 53 man roster imo

With the giants having sterling shepard, jalin hyatt, Darius Slayton, parris Campbell, Isiah hodgins and wandale Robinson, I just don't think they would carry him as a 7th receiver, but the giants are my team and Sills is a delaware guy so I am definitely rooting for him.

With the giants having sterling shepard, jalin hyatt, Darius Slayton, parris Campbell, Isiah hodgins and wandale Robinson, I just don't think they would carry him as a 7th receiver, but the giants are my team and Sills is a delaware guy so I am definitely rooting for him.
Even the projections from NY/NJ media with them carrying 7 WR's don't have SiIls making it. I don't know if he would be eligible for practice squad if so he would have to be one of the 4 players they can put on with more than 9 NFL games under their belt. Giants may not want to make him one of the 4 at this point. You can only have 16 PC plyers.

Last edited:
Even the projections from NY/NJ media with them carrying 7 WR's don't have SiIls making it.
I forgot they also have Cole Beasley as well...I think he will make the practice squad and he would be the first call up if a WR goes down or hopefully someone does pick him up sometime over the season

SiIls did indeed get cut.. Practice squad unsure. In any case it was a good run that not many players get a shot at. I mean how many players get to say they caught a pass in the NFL and made a couple million dollars.

Last edited:
Reactions: 84rider
This is from an MGM betting site…unsure of validity.

“The minimum salary for NFL practice squad players if $12,000 per week. If a player has accrued at least two seasons, their minimum salary is $16,100 per week and maximum salary is $20,600 per week. If a player with fewer than two seasons is on the practice squad for all 18 weeks, they would earn $216,000.”

I think if you move up to the active roster for like 4 weeks you get a bump and some accrual toward the NFL pension system.

The latter is apocryphal. ( whatever that means)

Let me continue with the above hearsay. I was told if you were activated for 4 games, you were guaranteed $250,000 for the year.

Last edited:
On another note the Giants receivers looked horrible. I bet they wish they kept Sills V in hindsight. Too late now.

Reactions: 84rider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT