ADVERTISEMENT

DD NBA draft

Chill44

Good all around Player
Jul 15, 2012
Donte just announced that he will enter the draft with out using an Agent! Good luck young fella!

Reactions: Patcomic
I think he's testing the waters. As long as he takes no money he is free to return to play another year.

I think you are right. Not getting an agent gives you options. I am a big fan but I think he needs to stay at Nova for another year.

Reactions: 84rider
This is probably the best direction for him to go in...Might as well work out for the Association guys...I believe he will go in first round next year.

I
This is probably the best direction for him to go in...Might as well work out for the Association guys...I believe he will go in first round next year.
I agree that working out for the NBA is a good thing, and something that DD needs to do. DD's dilemma is that he was 6th man of the year for his conference and the MOP for the final four. He may have showed as well as he could have ever showed and he may need to strike while the iron is hot.

Donte’s passing ability & athleticism will get him drafted. He’ll need to become a more consistent shooter & obviously get stronger.

It's a good idea for him to test the waters and see where he would go. Another year at Nova might put him the lottery.

Great idea for him to enter draft. His stock is at a high point. Having 2 Delawereans mocked in first 2 rounds in this years draft is unprecedented.

He's projected 32nd in one mock draft and 34th in another. Based off Forbes magazine, the average player whom gets drafted in these spots receives a contract of 2 year for 5 million. Hard to turn that down.

It is possible that teams want him specifically for that role as a 6th man.

The latest mock draft has Donte going to Indiana with the 23rd pick in the 1st round

If he is seriously projected anywhere in the first round, he's gotta go, no brainier. would be tremendous!!

The latest mock draft has DD going ahead of Spellman and Brunson, the Sixers own the 26th pick, how huge would it be for the Sixers to get DD. On a side note Trevon Duval is projected to go 24th to the Trailblazers. With that 26th pick the Sixers would be looking at Spellman

With O’Neill in the upcoming NFL draft and The Big Ragu in the NBA draft, it’s a good time to be a Sallies fan, js, I love it, all the you gotta leave the 302 to get noticed guys take notice. Home cooking is usually the best !

Reactions: Patcomic and jvm3
The Big Ragu just cracked me up. Also Rider84, did you play on the First CR tournament team that knocked off Howard in '82?

The Reeders will get some NFL notice when the time comes.

One old Bball guy told me that DD could project as a smaller version of Reggie Miller. Now, that got my attention.....

Alright, just curious (I was in daycare all those years lol), but I'm working on a project and may reach out to you for some assistance if that's alright.

Coach King, our assistant coach from those teams passed a couple of months ago. Sad times, they will definitely live on in our hearts and minds. Coach never minced words, always teaching us too think first and he always referred to us young men .or young man if he was speaking directly to you. His looks alone spoke loudly to each of us. Coach King was there to build you up and give kind advice , he spoke to us like a friend speaks, always kept kind and never a bad word. Great men that leave everlasting memories and reminders. Sad days but hopefully better ones tomorrow.

Last edited:
https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...ncenzo-to-test-stock-but-two-starters-return/

"The key? If Villanova is going to make a push for three titles in four seasons, DiVincenzo and redshirt freshman center Omari Spellman returning is critical. Spellman declared earlier this week. Both players are expected to be invited to the NBA's combine, which is held May 16-20. Spellman and DiVincenzo have until May 30 to decide once and for all if they're staying in the draft or returning to Villanova."

If Nova loses Spellman and Donte (after already losing Bridges and Brunson), I wonder if Jay Wright would be crazy enough to take the Knicks' job?

If Nova loses Spellman and Donte (after already losing Bridges and Brunson), I wonder if Jay Wright would be crazy enough to take the Knicks' job?
If he doesn't and all those guys leave, we'll see how good of a coach Jay really is next year.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...ncenzo-to-test-stock-but-two-starters-return/

"The key? If Villanova is going to make a push for three titles in four seasons, DiVincenzo and redshirt freshman center Omari Spellman returning is critical. Spellman declared earlier this week. Both players are expected to be invited to the NBA's combine, which is held May 16-20. Spellman and DiVincenzo have until May 30 to decide once and for all if they're staying in the draft or returning to Villanova."

Regardless if they do or not, Jay is not leaving the Mainline. 3 high level recruits on the way.

Reactions: jvm3
CBS and Sports Illustrated mock drafts both have DD slipping out of the first round, how soon we forget. smh

DDV has probably accumulated enough credits to graduate so I think he will stay in the draft. If he falls out of the first round he could also go abroad. American players playing foreign can do very well financially. Prove yourself over there you could always take another NBA shot.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...t-and-key-questions-to-be-answered-this-week/

There is a fascinating comment from article:

"Villanova's hopes of winning a third national title in four years probably rest with at least one of these two players returning to school. I doubt both will. For Spellman, a big man with range and someone with only one year of college experience (he was a redshirt freshman), he has a really good opportunity to stand out this week.

DiVincenzo has a fascinating situation in front of him. Because of his Most Outstanding Player performance at the Final Four, his stock and Q Score skyrocketed. So if he opted to return to school, he'd not only be the most well known player in college basketball -- he would also be a likely first-team All-America selection in the preseason. He could put up huge numbers at Villanova and potentially boost his stock even more for 2019.

But he also might not do that, which means it could be time to take advantage right now. It would not shock me if DiVincenzo has a strong combine and opts to keep his name in the draft."

If Donte returns to Nova he will be the face of college basketball as the year begins. WOW...

Donte will hire an agent and stay in draft...just reading reports now.

Good for him but I will miss him. Best of luck.

Donte had a very good day at combines today. Played solid D. I saw a 3..a couple steals and a layup over the big boys.

He won the combine competition with a 34.5 inch standing vertical jump...Jay Bilas said his advice to Donte would be to not show up tomorrow....as he can't be that much better.

Off of today he has moved into the first round (not high but he snuck in) according to some NBA guys....

The best basketball mind is Jerry West. The Clips have the 12th and the 13th pick. Maybe it is a stretch.....

Reactions: Patcomic
Boston and Philly are back to being rivals. Both teams are young and hungry, what if the Big Ragu goes to Boston ouch ! LOL, anyone except Boston although I am rooting for them to beat @Uncle Bumfuzzled Lebron man crush lmao

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Boston and Philly are back to being rivals. Both teams are young and hungry, what if the Big Ragu goes to Boston ouch ! LOL, anyone except Boston although I am rooting for them to beat @Uncle Bumfuzzled Lebron man crush lmao

Uncle Bummy realizes that this version of the Cavs doesn't have top 30 all time NBA baller like Scottie Pippen to complement Lebron's skills. What is my man, Rider, going to do next year when LBJ is playing for the Sixers???!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT