ADVERTISEMENT

DE High School All Time Team

AllHeart28

Getting reps on JV
Dec 1, 2009
I know Beast is going on an this board will primarily be speaking about that but I thought this would be an interesting discussion. Who do you all think would make DE High School All Time squad? And let us just use strictly high school accomplishments rather than combining college since we are just talking high school wrestling. Let us also use the older weight classes of 103, 112, 119, etc. I know this will be tough to do but thought it would be fun!

Here's my list:

And you guys probably know more as I am only 29.

103 - Sheldon Thomas
112 - Kurt Howell
119 - Bruce Kelly
125 - Tommy Davis
130 - Jordan Sianni
135 - Darrell Gravatt
140 - Earl Walker
145 - Andrew Donofrio
152 - Alex Meade
160 - Luke Rebertus
171 - Damien Creighton
189 - Janelle Jones
HWt - Bobby Telford/John Testa

Sheldon 4 timer
Kurt Howell undefeated 4 timer
Bruce Kelly 4 timer
Tommy davis 3 timer
Jordan sianni 3 timer, 4 time beast placer - 5th, 5th, 5th, 2nd
Darrell Gravatt - 2 timer, 3 time finalist
Earl walker - 2 timer?
Andrew donofrio 4 timer, 3 time beast placer - 2nd, 2nd, 2nd
Alex Meade - 3 timer, 2 time beast champ?
Luke rebertus MD state champ, 2 timer DE, 2 time beast placer - 6th, 2nd
Damien Creighton 4 timer
Janelle Jones 3 timer, 2 time beast champ
Bobby Telford 2 timer, 2 time beast finalist winning one

Sianni coaching at CA and running Bear Brawlers training.. lil Rooster and the Rooster family love that guy.. Jordan is Daman! Family!

Reactions: spartakos
In the last 10 or so years

103 - Sean Boylan
112 - Brent Fleetwood
119 - Connor McDonald
125 - Ian Moser
130 - Jarrod Garnett
135 - Chris Diaz
140 - Codey Combs
145 - Nick Tiberi
152 - Alex Meade
160 - Luke Rebertus
171 - Vinnie Ranauto
189 - Jamelle Jones
215 - Brian Willis
HWT - Bobby Telford

Harry Blendt(?) in someones? I did like that 1st list a lot. Great opening go.

Ryan Wolfe- CA state champion and a Beast Champion and 2 time national qualifier in the NCAA's..173 wins in DE HS 3rd all time in wins currently ranked 11th country

Clint Ferrazzo- CA 2 time state champion 174 wins 2nd all time in wins

DE wins leaders

Ranauto-182
Ferrazzo-174
Wolfe-173 +2011 Beast Champion

Last edited:
I want to go just by high school accomplishment. Also, not taking away from those Caravel wrestlers, they are actually friends of mine...but Jordan Sianni has all time wins in my opinion with 172 in a 4 year span. Those Caravel wrestlers got another year wrestling as 8th graders. Some people I missed on my original list that could be in conversation....

Paul D'Antonio I think 171
Greg Quails 112, 119
Pat Atkinson - 119, 125

Reactions: concord87
I used to hear stories about the brown brothers of laurel/delmar running mile after mile in the summer heat tethered to the stepdads car. Prolly not all true but imagine how fast you'd get put in jail today.

I've seen so many good ones it's hard to put one team together. Plus all the guys before me! The browns were crazy good and there were three of them all in HS at one point if I remember correctly.

Names to include Paul Collier, Jimmy Zimmerman, Marvin Dooley, Orville Mosley, Derrick Brady. Maybe not all first team but names that stood out to me.

That was during my era so I can't claim guru status there lol.
Hammer, in my last high school match (167lb), I got pinned by a kid from SC that had a military type "high n tight" hairstyle. He was muscular and looked like he just came home from Paris Island boot camp. I was showing off for my cheerleader girlfriend and the hometown crowd when he threw me to my back and stuck me. I slinked off the match with my tail between my legs. He looked like a taller version of Shupe (sp?) from Vision Quest. This was January or February of 1979. I don't remember seeing him before but I only wrestled those two years (78, 79). Do you have any idea who that was? Damn, I hope it wasn't a young YOU! Although you may not be quite that old... :)

Reactions: concord87
Sheldon is 1, and Jordan is 2. Granted Jordan didn't win 4 titles. 2nd Beast in his Senior year and Destroyed eventually a 1 or 2 time National Champ from St. Edwards by the name of Ryan Lang! Who was #1 in country, and Jordan Teched him, or Majored?

Hammer, in my last high school match (167lb), I got pinned by a kid from SC that had a military type "high n tight" hairstyle. He was muscular and looked like he just came home from Paris Island boot camp. I was showing off for my cheerleader girlfriend and the hometown crowd when he threw me to my back and stuck me. I slinked off the match with my tail between my legs. He looked like a taller version of Shupe (sp?) from Vision Quest. This was January or February of 1979. I don't remember seeing him before but I only wrestled those two years (78, 79). Do you have any idea who that was? Damn, I hope it wasn't a young YOU! Although you may not be quite that old... :)

Donald White?

This is SC 1976-77. Middle row, 1st on left.

15626021_10211482144951270_2619000363796261041_o_zps1kib8x4x.jpg

@YJM
the kid who pinned you is bottom row, middle!!
haaaaaaaahaaaaaa

That would be Rodder Purnell. Wrestling at States in 1978 after placing 2nd the year of the picture, his neck was broken and he was paralyzed from the neck down. Rodder died a couple years later.

Perhaps you should take a break from DEPreps for a while...

Last edited:
search
Buzz light year best wrestler from DE. Lived in Blades for a time. Then moved up north to train near the chucky cheese In Dover

5198856-buzz_lightyear_promational_art.jpg

Last edited:
i hear Bobby Telford, but us old guys remember Jim Krafpt from Tatnall in the 1967 range. He was a man among boys. Don't think Bobby would have handled him. JMHO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT