ADVERTISEMENT

Delaware athletic association to examine schools use of ineligible player, number change (DE online, News Journal)

Dec 8, 2020
So finally, it is in print. The article says very little if anything. Now the DIAA is going to review on Thursday. That should be an action packed 6 hours of nothing with a bag of nothing and a hint of maybe could be something. I have seen numerous posts about the rules and what should happen if you intentionally change out a suspended players number, do not report etc. This is so clear. When, I did not say if, when the DIAA does nothing about this (along with all the other allegations that are on D3 Lincoln), they need to find something else to do with their time. AS a group or at least those that try to follow the DIAA, it has become hard to listen to and have almost no credibility at this point. They have their chance to stand for something -ethics? morals? rules? Also surprised the article did not go deeper.

C'mon fellas it was just "miscommunication" and an "administrative oversight"

leslie-nielsen-nothing-to-see-here.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: nomorenonstop
but that suspension had nothing to do with DIAA but was done by the school.. Now if the school argues that he has already served a 1 game suspension it may come into question

the article also says they will not be moving up to 3A next year, thought that is what the coach wanted to do.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
the article also says they will not be moving up to 3A next year, thought that is what the coach wanted to do.
yeah read that also. Coach has been forced to eat some humble pie lately. Honestly I would be shocked if he is still here next year. Going to be tough to recruit for play in 2A. At least the type/level of players he wants anyway. Remember today Mavern Prep tomorrow St Joes Prep lol but they were the school that the guy in the DIAA Meeting was talking about when he said one team is interested in moving up to 3A. Also @Longagoplayer who's kid is on the team said that on here as well. Speaking of him, what happened to @Longagoplayer ? He bailed out of the Confidence Pool as well.. 🤷‍♂️ ya think DMA shut the parents down on social media or something?

Last edited:
So this is their defense? Dad should probably take the lawers advice and keep quiet until after the hearing...just saying

"Have you seen most teams practice jerseys, most don’t even have #’s"

Um yes they have (he was replying to Myers, Tressolini and The Pod cast guys Buzby and Marty) and no "most" teams do in fact have their rostered numbers on their practice jerseys some teams don't but not most. DMA most certainly has vey nice practice jerseys and their numbers all match their rostered numbers. From the videos of the Central scrimmage this guy posted on his twitter his son and every other player is wearing a jersey with their rostered number on it. Well except now one isn't. Maybe he decided he was a Dan Marino fan all of a sudden..lol

"We’re any of you there?"

I am pretty sure they (members of the press) were there for a big week 0 match-up at Abessinio.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskerman7
So this is their defense? Dad should probably take the lawers advice and keep quiet until after the hearing...just saying

"Have you seen most teams practice jerseys, most don’t even have #’s"

Um yes they have (he was replying to Myers, Tressolini and The Pod cast guys Buzby and Marty) and no "most" teams do in fact have their rostered numbers on their practice jerseys some teams don't but not most. DMA most certainly has vey nice practice jerseys and their numbers all match their rostered numbers. From the videos of the Central scrimmage this guy posted on his twitter his Son and every other player is wearing a jersey with their rostered number on it. Well except now one isn't. Maybe he decided he was a Dan Marino fan all of a sudden..lol

"We’re any of you there?"

I am pretty sure they (members of the press) were there for a big week 0 match-up at Abessinio.
Well. I think this answers your question about whether DMA shut down parents from social media 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: BackinBlack86
They self-reported so it is not a question of whether they did anything wrong or not. Already admitted guilt
Just want to see if I understand this correctly. They intentionally changed out a number on a player's jersey - why - they did not like that number anymore? And it happened to be the week after he was thrown out from the game, and they did not know the rule, because it was a scrimmage. Also, they should not be punished any further because they self-reported what they did, oh that's right, reported after they got caught by everyone at the game, including the homers who knew all about it. Then HBC is out in the parking lot with a head set on (Allegedly) and did not know that rule either. But hey, they self-reported it, so its ok.

This is so not about the players. It is what they are seeing and learning every day, every practice, every game from the leadership. Again, the young men will suffer on this one.

They self-reported so it is not a question of whether they did anything wrong or not. Already admitted guilt

It's my understanding they only self reported the using of an ineligible player and that it was an administrative oversight or something to that effect. They didn't report the changing of the Jerseys or any of that. Plus the complaint and evidence was already out and then they self reported the infraction and sat the player and coach vs Curley.. I am assuming Howard made the initial complaint to DIAA. I mean who else would?. That is my understanding of it anyway.

I didn't read the article but didn't they only self report because they got caught?

The article doesn't make it sound like DMA self reported the incident. The article says the DIAA learned of DMA using an eligible player when they inquired about scheduling the resumption of the game. It does not say who they (DIAA) inquired too either DMA or Howard. A NJ Reporter inquired about the situation with the DMA AD prior to the Sept 30th game with McKean quoting the DMA AD as saying it was just "miscommunication" and an "administrative oversight".

To be honest and fair. I try to be anyway. Was just looking at some film from the Howard game and if the player in question is who I think it is then if they were trying to hide him or fool anyone they did a piss poor job of it. yeah he has a different number jersey but still has his obviously colored gloves and shoes he had been wearing. Just saying you would have to be blind or an idiot not to recognize who it is playing. He sticks out like a sore thumb on the film. I don't know. I mean if you are trying to disguise a player wouldn't you have him wear not so obvious gloves and shoes? Unless I got the wrong player in question.🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Coach's bio even says by any means necessary lmao
Then for this sullivan dude, he has so many videos of his kid in the scrimmage and he is wearing the same number as his jersey on the roster so think they are just trying to play games.
Kid was suspended and played. Its that simple that it was trying to get one over or cheat the system.

To be honest and fair. I try to be anyway. Was just looking at some film from the Howard game and if the player in question is who I think it is then if they were trying to hide him or fool anyone they did a piss poor job of it. yeah he has a different number jersey but still has his obviously colored gloves and shoes he had been wearing. Just saying you would have to be blind or an idiot not to recognize who it is playing. He sticks out like a sore thumb on the film. I don't know. I mean if you are trying to disguise a player wouldn't you have him wear not so obvious gloves and shoes? Unless I got the wrong player in question.🤷‍♂️
It’s not just about the kid that played…it’s also about the kid that he decided to submit instead of the one who played AND never let the kid or parents know that their child’s name was used instead. Parents had no clue. They thought their child just didn’t dress varsity that game

It’s not just about the kid that played…it’s also about the kid that he decided to submit instead of the one who played AND never let the kid or parents know that their child’s name was used instead. Parents had no clue. They thought their child just didn’t dress varsity that game
Well that is a whole different ball game.. Good Grief!

falafel-gifalafel-hazfalafel-icanhasfalafel-reaction-gif-reaction-%D7%A4%D7%9C%D7%90%D7%A4%D7%9C%D7%90%D7%A0%D7%99%D7%9C%D7%A7%D7%91%D7%9C%D7%99%D7%9B%D7%95%D7%9C%D7%A4%D7%9C%D7%90%D7%A4%D7%9C.gif

Reactions: DEfootballFan6
wait... WHAT?!?!?!

shocked-ohreally.gif

Bingo

I would have four questions tomorrow
1. The athlete ejected wore a single digit number in the scrimmage. So how was it the athlete who served the suspension had a high two-digit number in the scrimmage?
2. Was the kid who served the suspension, or his parents, ever notified? If not, why?
3. If he was notified, are we supposed to believe he said nothing like “wait, I didn’t get ejected!”?
4. If it was simply a “miscommunication” or “administrative oversight”, why was there a need to suspend Lincoln?

Reactions: DEfootballFan6

Egregious, Yet and still, nothing will happen. We've reached a point where someone at DIAA needs to draft a code of conduct.

I would have four questions tomorrow
1. The athlete ejected wore a single digit number in the scrimmage. So how was it the athlete who served the suspension had a high two-digit number in the scrimmage?
2. Was the kid who served the suspension, or his parents, ever notified? If not, why?
3. If he was notified, are we supposed to believe he said nothing like “wait, I didn’t get ejected!”?
4. If it was simply a “miscommunication” or “administrative oversight”, why was there a need to suspend Lincoln?
At least four. I'd probably have 40.
Also, the Delaware Online story made it to the website of the British tabloid the Daily Mail. Congratulations, DMA!

There is precedence here - or at least I think there is. Didnt this happen a few years ago and the coach was fired? I forget the school but it was on this board.

If the precedent exists the DIAA should just follow it - plain and simple the Linc cheated and knew what he was doing.

Well. I think this answers your question about whether DMA shut down parents from social media 🤣
There is precedence here - or at least I think there is. Didnt this happen a few years ago and the coach was fired? I forget the school but it was on this board.

If the precedent exists the DIAA should just follow it - plain and simple the Linc cheated and knew what he was doing.
Yes Christiana and coach rush was fired

At least four. I'd probably have 40.
Also, the Delaware Online story made it to the website of the British tabloid the Daily Mail. Congratulations, DMA!

That UK article is hilarious. Scandalous! (in my British accent)

"DMA head coach Nick Lincoln has now been branded 'unethical' and 'unscrupulous' over the incident."

80c4a855-6983-4a43-9ab9-22f68631df16_text.gif

Last edited:

Even worse what if the US Navy gets word of this? Could they lose their charter or be reprimanded some how? I have no idea on that or how these military academies work in that regard, but man one has to think it will look bad on DMA leadership that they didn't address this immediately when it happened and fire anyone involved. Here it is almost 5 weeks later and 4 games have been played and they are still playing cover up. Never any public statement from the academy is really odd to me. Have they even addressed the situation to the parents? Or are they just going with "administrative oversight" and suspend one game and that's it? I think the parents and kids deserve more than that.

Now the press has it and it's out of their control how viral it gets and how the story could get embellished. I guess they are lucky the whole thing about submitting another player without his or his parents knowledge as the one punching a player hasn't hit the funny papers. JMHO

Last edited:
We did not know does not fly. Hope being recorded. Holiday weekend, different number, undershirt, this is unreal. Throw in my dog ate my jersey

You guys seeing these updates?? they are hilarious! DMA definitely thought of every thing they could say before stepping in front of DIAA

Different jerseys, wrong kid suspended, dont know if the "ref" said the word ejection, miscommunication, not intentional

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT