ADVERTISEMENT

Delaware Bluehens

Rough start for them, most likely going to drop the final game against New Mexico State today which leaves them 0-10. Then play a game against Maryland which should be interesting. Don’t worry blue hen fans UMES is coming to town should finally see a win soon.

jwb I noticed Adams and Barker aren't on the Harford Sox roster this year .. do you know where they ended up going?

Colin Adams transferred to Long Island University Brooklyn. He's listed as a starter in all of their 10 games so far this year. Alex Barker played the fall season at Harford. I don't know why he isn't on the spring roster.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Colin Adams transferred to Long Island University Brooklyn. He's listed as a starter in all of their 10 games so far this year. Alex Barker played the fall season at Harford. I don't know why he isn't on the spring roster.

never heard of LIU.. looked them up.. dont seem very good 1-6 and getting beat up pretty good. I only bring it up because oddly their 1 win was vs #6 Georgia. GA only loss so far.. how does that happen?

never heard of LIU.. looked them up.. dont seem very good 1-6 and getting beat up pretty good. I only bring it up because oddly their 1 win was vs #6 Georgia. GA only loss so far.. how does that happen?
Baseball is funny. Not that it explains the win, but the starting pitcher for LIU in that game is from Marietta GA. He didn't get any love from southern schools. He went 6 innings without giving up a run in that game. I'm guessing he was pretty pumped up to pitch at Foley Field.

Baseball is funny. Not that it explains the win, but the starting pitcher for LIU in that game is from Marietta GA. He didn't get any love from southern schools. He went 6 innings without giving up a run in that game. I'm guessing he was pretty pumped up to pitch at Foley Field.

The boys must have been pretty excited walking out of Foley with the W.. season maker right there. No matter what happens the rest of the way they can say hey we beat Georgia :D

Reactions: jwb703
Coach Sherman Is old school He’s killing Delaware baseball Need change He’s taking his players because they are over 6 foot One of the best hitters in that school is not even on the team because he’s under 6 foot Jake Walls If you don’t change you get left behindthats why Delaware baseball so awful these days Stop recruiting by size and recruit by heart and talent

Tough recruiting out of state kids.

Baseball typically partial scholarships, UD all told more than $40k out of state (tuition/room/food/books). In-State commuting from home probably $12-13k?

Do you take partial to go somewhere $50-62k/yr or try to walk-on instate?

Lots of variables for family to discuss.

Reactions: 84rider
about 12.2 per yr plus parking and books... its gone up a bit. I believe it was like 10.5 my sons freshman year

Last edited:
Univ of Delaware, and Maryland are rather inexpensive in-state, and both decent schools. You can spend that much going to an out of state JUCO.

allot of Harford County kids commute to Towson.. In state 10.2 per year.. Many will start at HCC then transfer to Towson after the two years. A good economical way to get a decent degree. My wife did it that way she played for HCC tennis team but did not play at Towson..

HCC 3k per year for Harford County residents

Last edited:
I don't think the money is the biggest issue. UD is loaded with students from PA/NJ/NY who are paying full out-of-state tuition. Most D1 prospects from the northeast want to play further south. In part because of the weather and in part because of the higher level of play. D1 baseball players from PA/NJ/NY have very few public options (7 schools between the 3 states), and most of those schools are no more competitive than UD, and they don't have better facilities.

looks like UD finally got a W yesterday. dang looking at their roster a whole lot of St Marks kids (6) on there. 3 Caravel kids and a couple Sallies as well

Coach Sherman Is old school He’s killing Delaware baseball Need change He’s taking his players because they are over 6 foot One of the best hitters in that school is not even on the team because he’s under 6 foot Jake Walls If you don’t change you get left behindthats why Delaware baseball so awful these days Stop recruiting by size and recruit by heart and talent
Lot of kids on roster under 6’.

I hate to break it to you... 20 out of the 35 kids on the team are 6’ or under... Jake Walls probably isn’t on the team because he couldn’t hack it

Reactions: FootballguyDE
I hate to break it to you... 20 out of the 35 kids on the team are 6’ or under... Jake Walls probably isn’t on the team because he couldn’t hack it

Jake Walls is a hell of a player, he has a lot of talent and I know for a fact he could compete for a spot easily on the 1-13 UD squad that sherm has put together. For whatever reason Sherman just does not like Walls as a baseball player.

Jake Walls is a hell of a player, he has a lot of talent and I know for a fact he could compete for a spot easily on the 1-13 UD squad that sherm has put together. For whatever reason Sherman just does not like Walls as a baseball player.
That would be interesting because right now there isn’t one that has bragging rights.

It’s not about height it’s heart. And watching Jake walls play in the legion game last year he has it. He could easily take bugglio or kaden’s spot. But the way Sherman is coaching why would I want to play for him. With the bad coaching decisions being made Walls would probably sit the bench.

Reactions: truthaboutsports
Walls is a better player then any freshman in that school But like I said coach is old school time has changed the coach has not 1- 13 need change

Coming into the season they won 4 straight against Maryland and 3 straight against Penn State. Won the conference title 2 years ago. They probably need to go back and recruit more players over 6 feet.

Did he try out and get cut?

Wasn't recruited to play at all, don't know if UD has any sort of open tryout or not. Plus, even if there was, Delaware is a small enough state where Sherman has seen Walls play enough to know if he wants him or not. If completely shutting down Post 1 in the American Legion playoffs last year didn't change his mind, then no tryout is going to.

WTF? Legion Ball? Please did anyone else recruit him? Legion ball is barely even a thing anymore it’s not 1977 Hell I played on a legion team that finished 5th in Nationals but today it’s all about club travel tournament teams. Legion is nothiing

No other states best players play legion ball. It’s great the DE team did good that year but they were not in any way playing the other states best players. Not even close. Legion ball is dead except for Delaware it seems lol

Last edited:
Reactions: CBE0713
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT