Shot Clocks

• Yay

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.

dellylax

Mascot
Mar 5, 2020
Delaware
As the 2021-2022 school year approaches, another season of lacrosse is soon to come. I'd like to once again spice up some team talk and speculate on the upcoming year. Most importantly to me, I want to focus on innovating DIAA lacrosse.

With more active programs than ever and a constantly growing player base, Delaware lacrosse could use some innovation.
I have stated before my stance on shot clocks in Delaware and also in comparison to the competition in surrounding states. I previously mentioned potential implementation as a "what if" to question how some of last season's games ended. However this time around, I'm proposing this topic for the betterment of Delaware lax.
Implementing a shot clock would prove beneficial for many reasons. Most notably, as a means to speed up the pace of play. Not only is faster play more entertaining, but it promotes efficiency. This efficiency would be seen in all teams, veteran and new. For the already proven programs, it will promote strength on both sides of the field, requiring a more tactile approach with no time to waste. On the other side of programs, players as individuals and teams as a whole will grow and adapt to the new rule, with the potential for overall improvement.
Delaware schools going out of state to play are already subject to this officiating, why not apply it here.

With that being said, I must add that this isn't a game-breaking or completely game-changing rule. Delaware lacrosse will still be the lacrosse you know and love.

I would like to see a D1 / D2 split - not off of school size but maybe a roster size x success calculation. Maybe a 8 team D1 play off and a 12 team D2.

A shot clock IMO is good for these kids and good for the game.

Would like to see more teams playing out of state

I would like to see a D1 / D2 split - not off of school size but maybe a roster size x success calculation. Maybe a 8 team D1 play off and a 12 team D2.

A shot clock IMO is good for these kids and good for the game.

Would like to see more teams playing out of state
Will never happen. There are only 3 D1 schools that will compete every year without any changes. Cape, Slax, and maybe Sanford. Slax and Cape need to join out of state conference. They have enough players on their varsity rosters (40-45) to split into 2 teams.

I know Sanford had a good year this year but if you look back 4 years ago they were not the team they are now. Let’s see if the players keep coming in before we put them at Cape and Sallies level.

I know Sanford had a good year this year but if you look back 4 years ago they were not the team they are now. Let’s see if the players keep coming in before we put them at Cape and Sallies level.
They wont. Once the the coaches kids graduate the MD connection will break and they will go back to being average. Reality is that it is a 2 team race right now - and every year 1 or 2 teams stand up and join the race. Sometimes it is CR, Towerhill, Sanford, etc but its really a 2 team race

They wont. Once the the coaches kids graduate the MD connection will break and they will go back to being average. Reality is that it is a 2 team race right now - and every year 1 or 2 teams stand up and join the race. Sometimes it is CR, Towerhill, Sanford, etc but its really a 2 team race
Agree 100 percent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT