ADVERTISEMENT

Delaware LAX All - Americans

May 22, 2009
As this season winds down and the lacrosse all stars start to surface, I was curious as to how they select the athletes that are named “All American”?

Also any predictions on who would be honored this year?

obviously kilpatrick out of salesianum, no arguing with that choice. other than him, the competition is very hard to judge in comparison to previous years.

chas robino seems another extremely likely candidate, he's very consistent with his output and leadership for tower. andrew blunden from salesianum may be another player who will receive AA honors, but i question his ability to create for himself at times. thats not to say he isnt a strong attackmen, so he has a shot. thompson from archmere also presents competition for an AA choice. i personally think that robino has AA locked up, while thompson and blunden will battle out for another attack spot if not both receiving it.

other defenders brannock furey and brooks johnson have certainly been game-changers for their respective teams this year and while watching them it becomes clear that they are the vocal leaders running their defenses.

i wont comment on midfielders because i don't know enough about middies in the state this year. cape seemed to have some strong players as well as the top schools upstate like sallies, tower, arch, and friends. overall, the best middies seem young acrosse the board (many juniors and sophs), so i am extremely interested to see how the coaches will pick AA midfielders.

if i left anyone out, i apologize, it just means i didnt see them play or i wasnt able to record their names. best of luck

agree that Robino, Kilpatrick are definate choices. Johnson is a solid pole for CR. Blundin is good, but a shooter only, not much at making things happen. Same with Thompson for Archmere, but not nearly AA level. Actually, some of the best players in state are Juniors, Walker at Sallies and Pettit at Tower. Middies, Garrahan is strong for Archmere as well. Lieberman is strong pole at Tower. No idea with goalies, but cape kid is prob best this season.

Chas Robino probably gets AA, if laxpower is correct it has him as an early letter of intent signie to UMass

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT