ADVERTISEMENT

Delaware's All time top pgs

Lomcfly

Water boy
Jan 29, 2012
Forgive me I'm not that old so help me out fellas Im 30, but We've had some good Point guards come through here (in my era) Khallid hart, Jawan carter, Mike Shipman, Earl Miller and many others before my time. Now Majority of Delaware teams there pg happens to be just there best ball handler or scorer so he plays pg by default and thats not his natural position. But it's a true art when I see a kid run the position how it supposed to be ran. Who can Dominate a game without scoring and make his teammates better but really can score and knows when he needs to score! Ima go out on a limb and say Raheim Burnett (Mount) is the best Pg in this state since Khallid Hart (Sanford)! I'm not saying he's the best player in the state because Mikey Dixon is clearly but he's a pure scorer not a true PG! I would like to know how you guys rank the all time Pgs in the state and who was the best? Also if you agree or not?

Jermaine Medley was a beast at Wilmington High too. He was a guy who could get his whenever and still could get his teammates involved at the crucial time of a ball game.

I'm going to take you back....Shannon McCants, Cleon Stewart, Andrew Miles.....

Not so far back.....Kyle White, Shemeik Thompson,

Reactions: Lomcfly
Tyson Waterman, and Andrew Miles were more scorers than point guards, as I see the same for Medley, all were great players who could take over a game, but not real point guards. Miles was a 2 with K Mitch the point.

you can go with so many. duffy samuels, john Gordon, earl miller, mark Williams, corey lemons, Shannon mccants, cleon stewart, gary lumpkin, Kenny Mitchell, Tyson waterman, jermaine medley, ryan smith, vash turner, Anthony laws, corey Curtis, meat white, Donny Caudwell, jerry barnes, lou burton, Lloyd price (delcastle), antione mayo, lamont davis, chris saylor, Charles burley, shane Harrison, Jamie McDaniel, Anthony bowers, manni from Sanford, bj davis, alex hacket, freeman Williams, Clarence dorsette, donnell boney, aaron gosa, and Khalid hart

I know I missed some. but those are the ones I think off of the top of my head

Last edited:
you can go with so many. duffy samuels, john Gordon, earl miller, mark Williams, corey lemons, Shannon mccants, cleon stewart, gary lumpkin, Kenny Mitchell, Tyson waterman, jermaine medley, ryan smith, vash turner, Anthony laws, corey Curtis, meat white, Donny Caudwell, jerry barnes, lou burton, Lloyd price (delcastle), antione mayo, lamont davis, chris saylor, Charles burley, shane Harrison, Jamie McDaniel, Anthony bowers, manni from Sanford, and Khalid hart

That's a damn good list! I'm proud to say I have gotten to see ALL of those players you named in my lifetime!

you can go with so many. duffy samuels, john Gordon, earl miller, mark Williams, corey lemons, Shannon mccants, cleon stewart, gary lumpkin, Kenny Mitchell, Tyson waterman, jermaine medley, ryan smith, vash turner, Anthony laws, corey Curtis, meat white, Donny Caudwell, jerry barnes, lou burton, Lloyd price (delcastle), antione mayo, lamont davis, chris saylor, Charles burley, shane Harrison, Jamie McDaniel, Anthony bowers, manni from Sanford, bj davis, alex hacket, freeman Williams, Clarence dorsette, donnell boney, aaron gosa, and Khalid hart

Great list you forgot if my memory is correct a first team all-stater just by running the team Stan Waterman

PS duPont - Len Chasanov '66, Ken Helfant '68
Dickinson - Gil Jackson '65
Wilmington - Bill Berry '75

May be off by a year.

Great list you forgot if my memory is correct a first team all-stater just by running the team Stan Waterman

Stan was tasked was getting the ball to folks like AJ English, Donald Dutton, Mike Brown, Vincent Kent and Bilal Rahim and keeping those early 80s Howard teams steady, which is no small feat. Shame he'd already graduated by the time they finally broke through for the chip in '85.

I know I forgot some but we have to make sure we are talking about point guards and shooting guards that played. some of the older ones was shooting guards more than point guards.. I love to put danny stroud, troy boyer, kip remsburg, tharron shehee, tail davis, lenny brown, the late leon Wilson, devon chambers, Anthony southerland, donnell seeney, matt chitum, aj English, Terrence stansbury, dexter boney, laron cephas, and etc. but they didn't play the point.. so I had to go with what I seen heard..

Delino Deshields was definitely top 5 but to me he was number 1. He had Rollie from Villanova, John Thompson from Georgetown, Lefty from Maryland, St. Johns and more in the Blue Jays Nest in Seaford.

Reactions: Lomcfly and Chesdel
Delino Deshields was definitely top 5 but to me he was number 1. He had Rollie from Villanova, John Thompson from Georgetown, Lefty from Maryland, St. Johns and more in the Blue Jays Nest in Seaford.
Delino was more of a scoring PG not a true PG but is probably the best over-all guard I seen play and man could he jump out the gym!!!

Reactions: Lomcfly and Chesdel
Delino played the point and was a great passer. He scored a lot when he needed to. He was virtually unstoppable. As smooth as they come! Note to Chesdel - Bill Berry was a great player, but he wasn't a point guard.

B Wright at ghigh
Aaron Gosa at Newark hs
Abdul Bey Newark
Lew Waller Sanford
Shannon McCants Newark
Stan Waterman at Howard
Paul Coleman Sanford

All pure point guards back in the day. Winners. Think most of these players led teams to chips.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT