ADVERTISEMENT

Delmar vs DMA

SouthDude

Getting reps on JV
Oct 23, 2017
I have Delmar Winning 35-14. I do not think DMA has seen a team like Delmar this year. They will not be ready for the team speed.

Reactions: jwb703
I'm rooting for DMA as a DMA dad... but this game does worry me... Delmar is hot right now and beat 2 of the best DII teams in back to back weeks. it should be a good game. and i Hope DMA coach gets more creative with the damn playbook...if not it might be a long night. still rooting for the Seahawks, but I'm cautiously optimistic at this point

Reactions: UDelaware5138
DMA tends to do the same thing follow #75 he moves from left to right tackle if Alleyne gets ball and they will go off tackle to up back on occasions . If throwing its going to Alleyne I'm sure Delmar has looked at film and sees this also ?

DMA played Hodgson who is every bit as good or better than Delmar.

Should be a good game though. I'm picking DMA because everyone else is picking Delmar.

DMA 28-26

Reactions: UDelaware5138
It will be interesting to see what Delmar does at the QB position. Did #10 have an injury that will keep him out today or will he be back? Not sure if anyone has stated that or not. If Trader is in, then DMA literally has 1/2 of a games worth of film on him at QB. He probably brings a new dynamic to that offense, with him being a threat to keep the ball on the option. I think the winner of this game will be figured out in the first half. If DMA can stop Delmar early and keep it tight, they have the advantage to use their size to wear down Delmar. If Delmar scores the first few possessions, I do not think DMA has the fire power to play catch up......Also, don't kick to Alleyne

Reactions: Ikeyfbst2
Kinda reminds me of 2009 again. Delmar won the South, traveled to Baynard for the first playoff game and won a close one against Howard. The Cats went on to win the State Championship that year. Could that happen again???

We will see how tonight goes, but size doesn't always mean you are going to win. I remember St. Francis (MD) had a great size advantage with a tackle that went D1 to Miami a few years ago. Before the game the players were talking to their fans about how small Delmar was and they were gonna kill em. It wouldn't be close, etc. Delmar came out and destroyed them from the first play. This won't be Delmar's first rodeo against a bigger team. Delmar loves to go up North and show everyone what Delmar football is all about. Good luck to both teams tonight. I am looking forward to seeing a good game.

Delmar's 1st string QB Angello, who got hurt against St. Mary's, is out with a broken arm or wrist. He recently came back to play defense but was re-injured in 1st half vs Woodbridge.

Delmar's 2nd string QB VonArx broke his ankle in the 1st half vs Woodbridge.

It's Trader's team from here on out.

Delmar didn't have VonArx or Trader available during the St. Mary's loss.

There is a reason Delmar has a difficult time finding people who want to play them, DMA is about to find out why.

I keep telling you guys they are not a small team. Their linebackers Parker and Phillips are every bit of 6-2 and weigh 225 230 run like deer and hit like trucks. They are the fastest defensive I have seen all year. And the listed weights are not accurate because apparently this team keeps no stats or updates weights of its players. Hell I could not even find one video of their best player Parker.

Overall outside of the outliers for DMA at left tackle and right guard Delmar they may be bigger. At backer and in the secondary they definitely are. One of their players at OLB is listed at 5-8 and he’s probably 6-3 and plays tight end also. They have a nose guard 6-6 listed 340 he is probably 400 pounds. And another DT at 275. Non of their line go both ways so don’t look for them to be tired. They are small at center that’s the only position that had a glaring notable size difference.

I will say over all Delmars offensive line is smaller then What DMA will have on Dline. But the type of offense they run requires a quicker olinemen . Think navy. And DMA does not have the best Dline. They are more of a offensive line driven team.

DMA has to control the clock and get a TD from Alleyne on ST. And hope the game is to big for the Delmar Freshman QB. Honestly DMA got very unlucky to get them round one.

Woodbridge I felt out coached Delmar and should have won that game. They attacked the edges had great motion and we’re in position every down to stop them. The freshman QB come off the bench for Delmar played out of his mind running and throwing and won the game. With out that Delmar loses and is out of the playoffs.

With all that being said if you DMA fans think you are going to just show up and run over this team with the same 8 plays you have run all year. It will be a blow out. I also understand that you ride with what got you this far. But hopefully that’s not the game plan, because it won’t work. If they mix it up it could be close. If not they lose probably badly.

IMO Woodbridge or Howard will win the D2 title. Not one of these teams.

Prepfootballstars very insightful and pretty well written but how am I to believe you "Hell I could not even find one video of their best player Parker." when I found this in less than 2 minutes...

Reactions: prepfootballstars
Well played that looks like last years film for Parker. And we looked for that in the standard places hudl twitter preps YouTube no luck. Guess we needed to go past page one of google search. Lol

DMA looked good until halftime, I think coaching had a huge factor on the blow out in the second half. Those kids defenitely earned the #1 seed, coaches need to keep up with the athletes ability and spread out the playbook

DMA looked good until halftime, I think coaching had a huge factor on the blow out in the second half. Those kids defenitely earned the #1 seed, coaches need to keep up with the athletes ability and spread out the playbook
DMA might be one of the worst #1 seeds in Tournament history. All hail the mighty #8 seed.
Did not the worst team in Playoff history. We believe out of playing Delmar 10 times, we would win at least 8-9 this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT