ADVERTISEMENT

Delpercio "reassigned"

BackinBlack86

Top 100 Prospect
Oct 5, 2018
Interesting ..

Delpercio said Tuesday the Orange Grove ISD Board of Trustees voted 4-3 to not renew his contract past this year. The reassignment is effective immediately and Delpercio said he did not know what position he would be reassigned to in the district.

“Myself, my coaches, the players we all felt that things were going in the right direction,” he said via cell phone on Tuesday. “I don’t have all the answers yet and I’m still trying to figure it all out.”

During the early part of 2021, Delpercio said he and some Orange Grove students were suspended in connection with an alleged hazing incident at the school involving a student on school grounds.

At least six teenagers were arrested in the incident after a complaint was filed by the accuser in May 2021, according to a story in the Alice Echo News-Journal. The incident was also investigated by the Texas Rangers.

Delpercio said he is unsure if that incident went into the trustees' decision made Monday night.

“There was disciplinary action taken against me and the boys involved and there were consequences for that in the spring,” Delpercio said Tuesday. “The school board, which is the same school board now, was adamant about the fact that once they served their time we would move forward.”

About the hazing incident..

Family of student who was allegedly hazed, sexually assaulted files $1M lawsuit against Orange Grove ISD​

The lawsuit also alleges that school and district leaders knew of similar incidents and failed to prevent the latest incident.

Never liked the guy. Seemed like a snake. I guess I was right. Always respected the way his teams played but he’s a bad guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT