(could be candidate to move up)
Archmere
Mt Pleasant
Tower Hill
Friends
(should stay put)
Brandywine (makes their 6)

AI (will go down)

SO RLCA and CA should move into the slots vacated by those going up or going down
Delmar is in District 3?

supposed to be DMA .. sorry fixed
I can see a strong possibility that St. Marks would rise to that occasion. They’ve been there before, good rivalry (though non existent now) with Sallies. Used to scrimmage Middletown every preseason. But I still think DMA will ultimately be the one who moves

Last edited:
Reactions: BackinBlack86
After further review..

if Laurel comes up that makes 22. So to get to 18 (3x6) 4 teams will have to vacate 2A for the set up to work. We know 1 of them will go to 3A. So now 3 have to drop to 1A

Which 3?

AI and ? 2 from this group (Brandywine, Conrad, McKean or RLCA)

I can see a string possibility that St. Marks would rise to that occasion. They’ve been there before, good rivalry (though non existent now) with Sallies. Used to scrimmage Middletown every preseason. But I still think DMA will ultimately be the one who moves

That is who I am thinking if DMA bails.. They have a good chance at wining it this year and their enrollment and program is coming back up

I can't see RLCA moving down - big egos in Bear
with AI and Dickinson already there it would make the most sense for McKean to join them.. Can't get all excited about McKeans "big win".. I mean it was Poly (1A team)and they had to win it with less than a minute to go.. Conrad should be the other.. If BWine could convince St E to go up then they could join them in 1A as well..

Dave Collins mentions that ONE 2A team has inquired to move up to 3A. FOUR teams have inquired to move down classes, and ONE 1A team has asked to move up.

Here is how I think 2A should (not necessarily will) look like

2A D1

Concord
DMA/St Marks (whomever doesn't go up)
Delcastle
Newark
Caravel
RLCA

2A D2

Archmere
Howard
St E's/Brandywine (depending on what St E's enrollment and record is this year)
Friends
Tower Hill
Mt Pleasant

2A D3

Delmar
Woodbridge
S Tech
Milford
Laurel
Lake

*Odessa probably have to wait until the next cycle

Last edited:
Looking at Odessa they got 67 players with only 3 classes..

11-25
10-16
9-26

if the trend holds they will have 90 some players next year.. they really should consider bouncing up IMO.. My guess it won't be too long before they are 3A.

Just curious, the 1490# next to Salesianum is what?

All boys school they double the enrollment for classification purposes. So that was their official all boys enrollment for 2020. 1490x2 2980.. yeah I know some them boys need to start going to St M..lol

Remember they got all that Rocco dough to go towards financial aide and academic scholarship. Numbers went up

Reactions: Woody_Wood
you're proposing a school with roughly 250 boys enrolled should be moved up to 3A?
What I'm saying is if you base it on the previous years winning percentage, then Archmere would be the team to move up. My opinion is that it shouldn't just be based on the student population. It should be based on a formula that accounts for student population as well as previous years winning percentage. That is how it was done two years ago and it should continue with that formula. Imo. If the DIAA decides to say any school that student population is below a certain number or above a certain number does not account for talent. Equally dispersing the talent so that we have more competitive games was why this was done in the first place. And I believe it should stay that way.

Last edited:
What I'm saying is if you base it on the previous years winning percentage, then Archmere would be the team to move up. My opinion is that it shouldn't just be based on the student population. It should be based on a formula that accounts for student population as well as previous years winning percentage. That is how it was done two years ago and it should continue with that formula. Imo. If the DIAA decides to say any school that student population is below a certain number or above a certain number does not account for talent. Equally dispersing the talent so that we have more competitive games was why this was done in the first place. And I believe it should stay that way.
Here is the case they could make against moving up…..remember Howard was supposed to have been 3A these past two years? They said they lost a lot of talent and knew they weren’t gonna be good enough? Well Archmere will lose for the most part all their star players after this year if I’m not mistaken so they could use the same strategy Howard did to stay put.

Everyone has a strong point for Archmere, and even DMA, but if it was me, and I’d have a vote, based off the last 5 years records, and consistency, I’m moving Woodbridge up. ESPECIALLY if they beat Cape Henlopen this weekend. Cause you can’t sit there and tell me Cape, or CR is better than them. That puts Woodbridge at least in the middle of 3A D2. And they could even put on a competitive game against someone like Dover and Central in most years.

Sorry, it has to be Howard moving up. Bigger school than most in 2A, if not the biggest and has the record to show it should move up. This way no one from city government can have a say this time. Archmere moving up sounds great right now but may lose a lot of talent after this year and may not be the same next year and then that looks fishy, especially if someone pushing for them to move up backs a team that can't beat archmere right now.

All boys school they double the enrollment for classification purposes. So that was their official all boys enrollment for 2020. 1490x2 2980.. yeah I know some them boys need to start going to St M..lol

Remember they got all that Rocco dough to go towards financial aide and academic scholarship. Numbers went up
That’s interesting, they’ve hovered around 950-1,000 for the last few years if not longer. I doubt they gave more than 950 students this year for sure.

are those 4 all 2A schools?
Sean Greene tweeted that it was all 2A schools but listening to the meeting nowhere did he say 4 2A schools wanna move down. He said “of all the survey feedback from the coaches, 1 team wants to up into 3A, 4 teams wants to move down, and 1 school wants to move up into 2A” if he said 4 schools from 2A the sound must have kicked out cause it was spotty the entire time

if that was the appeal- it was mentioned that appeals were heard by Board of Education - nothing else came up at the meeting

Was the decision on Holman today as well?
I don’t think Holman was on the agenda. The schools for waivers that were listed was Newark, Red Lion, Caravel, A.I. DuPont, and Sussex Central.

you would have saw, William Penn, Caesar Rodney or Smyrna if it was Holman. I’m assuming he didn’t need a waiver request and good to go.

It was Middletown that was on the agenda with a notification of appeal.. but as @First_state_gridiron said those are heard by the BOE.

@MTownCavs09 do you know what they are appealing?

E. DIAA Correspondence Received

i. Email Received from Delaware Interscholastic Officials Council Representatives
ii. Email Received Middletown Football Complaint – Residency
iii. Email Received Middletown Football – Years of Participation
iv. Fall Season Eligibility Procedures Received from Middletown High School
v. Notification of Appeal by Middletown High School
vi. Emails Received from LaMar Gunn Regarding Dream Officials

@TwidderPhil said they said The MT principle is appealing her penalty...
Yupp. Principle is appealing which they’d have to take up with DOE, and then the other email complaints they said they found nothing against the rules so it was wiped away. And then the other was the school submitting their Eligibility procedure reports that have to do after the incident from last season.

poor lady getting thrown under the bus by the ambitions of the football program..lol

It was her first year too. And to answer your question I don’t know the penalty. Somethings don’t get said around me. Not sure why. 🤷‍♂️
It's alright. I feel ya. Caravel only used to tell me what they wanted to have leaked on the forum..🤣 Like the DOJ 🥸

Reactions: MTownCavs09

I see what you are saying here and I kinda agree with you

Based on the approved proposal 3A #4

4. No team who is the bottom half of enrollment amongst the 46 teams would be forced to move up. They may however apply to move.

With 11 teams currently in 3A then there will only be 12 teams that will be eligible to be forced to move up to 3A

Based on the 2020 enrolments they would be

Delcastle-1576
Charter-1472 (1A)
S Tech-1239
Poly-1182 (1A)
Milford-1122
Mt Pleasant-1078
Newark-1069
Concord-1052
IR-968 (1A)
BWIne-940
McKean-911
Seaford-897 (1A)

Just missing the cut

Howard-875

It will be based on this years 2022 enrollment so I am curious to see those numbers when they come out then go through this exercise again.. of course DMA could save all the drama by going through with their request to move up..

It is interesting that not one of the 12 teams listed that are eligible by enrollment to be forced to move up anyone would say should move up. lol

I guess we could call rule #4 the Howard rule..:p

*reminder this rule only applies to moving to 3A

Last edited:
I see what you are saying here and I kinda agree with you

Based on the approved proposal 3A #4

4. No team who is the bottom half of enrollment amongst the 46 teams would be forced to move up. They may however apply to move.

With 11 teams currently in 3A then there will only be 12 teams that will be eligible to be forced to move up to 3A

Based on the 2020 enrolments they would be

Delcastle-1576
Charter-1472 (1A)
S Tech-1239
Poly-1182 (1A)
Milford-1122
Mt Pleasant-1078
Newark-1069
Concord-1052
IR-968 (1A)
BWIne-940
McKean-911
Seaford-897 (1A)

Just missing the cut

Howard-875

It will be based on this years 2022 enrollment so I am curious to see those numbers when they come out then go through this exercise again.. of course DMA could save all the drama by going through with their request to move up..

It is interesting that not one of the 12 teams listed that are eligible by enrollment to be forced to move up anyone would say should move up. lol

I guess we could call rule #4 the Howard rule..:p

*reminder this rule only applies to moving to 3A
Great breakdown Bib. By the way, none of the schools mentioned above would have been in an eight team 2A playoff last year. Teams in the upper tier of enrollment being forced into 3A would defeat the original purpose of going to three classes in the first place, which was to have more competitive games. Something has to give.

Great breakdown Bib. By the way, none of the schools mentioned above would have been in an eight team 2A playoff last year. Teams in the upper tier of enrollment being forced into 3A would defeat the original purpose of going to three classes in the first place, which was to have more competitive games. Something has to give.

Odessa will be in the 1000 plus club in 2023 so they will be on the list for the 2025 readjustment unless DIAA decides to estimate their enrollment going into the 2023 readjustment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT