ADVERTISEMENT

DIAA meeting fizzles

DoItWrite

moving up to Varsity
Mar 8, 2016
The DIAA board had 2 executive sessions between 9:20 and noon. After returning from the second one, the board voted 9-1 to deny the Middletown waiver, saying the student-athlete had failed to satisfy 3 of the hardship criteria.
After that, one of the board members said she had to leave, and the board was left short of a quorum. There was one public comment, which does not need a quorum present, and the meeting was adjourned. So the question of AI's reclassification request was not addressed. The next regular meeting is not scheduled until after practice begins.
The complaints against Middletown were not covered. Neither were a bunch of other topics.

The DIAA board had 2 executive sessions between 9:20 and noon. After returning from the second one, the board voted 9-1 to deny the Middletown waiver, saying the student-athlete had failed to satisfy 3 of the hardship criteria.
After that, one of the board members said she had to leave, and the board was left short of a quorum. There was one public comment, which does not need a quorum present, and the meeting was adjourned. So the question of AI's reclassification request was not addressed. The next regular meeting is not scheduled until after practice begins.
The complaints against Middletown were not covered. Neither were a bunch of other topics.

The AI thing wouldn't take effect until 2023 anyway. They were supposed to lay out the process for asking to change classes in this meeting somewhere.

I would love to know who the 1 idiot is.

That waiver should have never even been heard. It had no basis to begin with and Middletown should be chastised for even trying better yet they should be looked into as to why they tried at such a late juncture and only after an email complaint about 5th years players was submitted. Honestly that kid should have been told you can't come and reclass here back when he transferred and not strung along until a month before the season begins. .. very bad optics on this one

Last edited:
2a0

The AI thing wouldn't take effect until 2023 anyway. They were supposed to lay out the process for asking to change classes in this meeting somewhere.

I would love to know who the 1 idiot is.

That waiver should have never even been heard. It had no basis to begin with and Middletown should be chastised for even trying better yet they should be looked into as to why they tried at such a late juncture and only after an email complaint about 5th years players was submitted. Honestly that kid should have been told you can't come and reclass here back when he transferred and not strung along until a month before the season begins. .. very bad optics on this one

more like this... @nomorenonstop up your meme game lol

Triumphant-June-lockdown-clowns-nighttime.png

Reactions: nomorenonstop
Where did you find this?

Hey I’m gonna be completely honest I think he should have gotten the waiver. I’m kinda surprised right now.

Why do you think he should have gotten the waiver? He didn't meet any of the 3 criteria. As sad as you feel for him the rules are the rules and if they approved it then it would have opened the doors for 5th year reclassing if you have a sad enough story..sucks for him but ignorance of the rules is really on him and his peoples. Put it this way someone tried to get over on someone. Either MT was trying to get over on the rules by reclassing him and attempting to try and play him or he or his people tried to get over on Middletown and it got caught..

5th year reclassing is not allowed by any state high school athletic association in the country. Why did they think they could come to Delaware and do it?

Last edited:
Why do you think he should have gotten the waiver? He didn't meet any of the 3 criteria. As sad as you feel for him the rules are the rules and if they approved it then it would have opened the doors for 5th year reclassing if you have a sad enough story..sucks for him but ignorance of the rules is really on him and his peoples. Put it this way someone tried to get over on someone. Either MT was trying to get over on the rules by reclassing him and attempting to try and play him or he or his people tried to get over on Middletown and it got caught..
The reason how he ended up at Middletown made me think he was gonna get it. As I’ve said before I don’t want to say it on here because it is personal. I feel bad for the kid tho. Hopefully he can find somewhere to play and not sit out a year.

The reason how he ended up at Middletown made me think he was gonna get it. As I’ve said before I don’t want to say it on here because it is personal. I feel bad for the kid tho. Hopefully he can find somewhere to play and not sit out a year.
better yet he needs to figure out how to get NCAA qualified and maybe early enroll in the spring somewhere. Something he could have been working on all summer if he wasn't being strung along.. JMHO

Everyone has a story. Regardless of his situation he shouldn’t be granted a 5th year. I don’t care what school he is at. DIAA got one right

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT