ADVERTISEMENT

Division 2 predictions

Astute observation. It's going to be a big three weeks of football coming up for the South. There are lots of possibilities. Imagine a 3 way tie in the South, where the AD's pick the lowest indexed team as the champion, just to get a 2nd or third team in. But i'm getting ahead of myself, just enjoy the next three weeks as they should be fun.
Delmar would have to beat Milford and then Woodbridge would have to beat Delmar the final week and the points fall out exactly for that to happen. Very, very unlikely.

Looks like you can’t see them now they are private? Guess that school does not like their kids video to be seen by anyone. You know like colleges lol no wonder the kid is unknown going into his senior year. Raven roost posted the link to their page he is impressive. Knight is still the best in the state , and bowmen is in my opinion close second
"Close" second? I've seen both since 7 years old and there is some space separating them.

St. Marks Woodbridge will be interesting a lot of implications

D 1 seems to be set completely

Delmar would have to beat Milford and then Woodbridge would have to beat Delmar the final week and the points fall out exactly for that to happen. Very, very unlikely.
I understand, I was just having a little fun with it. The key was at the end of my post. Just enjoy the next three weeks, it should be good football.

Poly had their backups playing the majority of the snaps and we’ll its a scrimmage. Can’t really get much from that. And I like Parker kid. But you guys really don’t have much else. The QB was decent seen him at 7 on 7 this summer . But he is hurt from what others have said . Your line is bigger then listed but don’t look to be physical enough to handle inside pressure. With the lack of a passing game teams like Woodbridge and Milford in your division will give you guys trouble. And if some how you make the playoffs that will be the problem. Coaches will exploit that weakness inside and with no passing Parker will have no room to run. To be fair DMA has A similar problem in that we are one dimensional. But I would not be to qucik to Hang my hat on a poly scrimmage. Your team and theirs is completely different now
You really need to go watch a Delmar game. It's not about 1 or 2 players, it's about a team and a system. Think of it like when some of these colleges play Navy and Navy just runs the ball all day long on teams with bigger and stronger players. Delmar plays their system very well and makes other teams pay for their mistakes. They play very disciplined and smart football. There is a reason for all those championships they have, it's called coaching and talent. Delmar has both.

Reactions: SouthDude
You really need to go watch a Delmar game. It's not about 1 or 2 players, it's about a team and a system. Think of it like when some of these colleges play Navy and Navy just runs the ball all day long on teams with bigger and stronger players. Delmar plays their system very well and makes other teams pay for their mistakes. They play very disciplined and smart football. There is a reason for all those championships they have, it's called coaching and talent. Delmar has both.
7nonstop, they did not have their 2nd team in, so don't try that. if Delmar played poly there would be a running clock in the 3rd quarter.time will tell vs milford and woodbridge. Delmar can pass and run. the QB that in that's playing now doing a great job, TD really nice pass last week and he is running the option real well.

What is making things so interesting this year, is there is no team that jumps off the screen at you and you say to yourself "There is nobody that is going to beat that team." That however, may change over the next few weeks........

While Delmar does run the option their go to on offense is the double dive. It's hard to defend because you don't know who has the ball. Add Delmar's speed and it makes it even harder to defend. I know I'm excited to see how these next 3 games play out.

7nonstop3 link to source?

let me help you out .. post 3

https://jcfb.forums.net/thread/2361/double-dive

Dec 18, 2003 at 6:15am
icon-options.png

Post by lochness on Dec 18, 2003 at 6:15am
Coach,

I've heard the term "Double Dive" used to describe two different types of rushing plays. The first is what LedgerSko described in his reply, which is simply diving both backs to opposite sides, giving one back the ball and using the opposite back to freeze the backside LB. We run this exact same play and we also call it a "Double Dive". It is best out of split backs, but you can run it from any two back set. It's also great if you know the LB's are cross-keying you.

The second "Double Dive" is what we refer to as a "Belly". This play can also be run out of any 2-RB look, and it is the best play in our rushing arsenal (along with the Iso, which we also run from any 2-RB look). Essentially, the design and purpose of the play is to attack 3 seperate points of attack with 3 different possible ballcarriers to the same side.

We use the following rules, no matter what alignment we are using in the backfield. The RB closest to the side we are running to (whether he is the ballcarrier or not) dives directly off the outside hip of the OL in front of him (it will generally be the center in the "I" or the OG if it is "offset I" or "splitbacks"). The QB opens to face playside and rides the ball in the first back's pouch like an option play. If it is a give, he simply gives him the ball. Meanwhile, the furthest back form the side we are running to (always the TB in the "I", but otherwise the furthest HB) will take a lateral timing step to playside, then drive hard to the off tackle hole. If the give was to the first back, the QB will ride a fake in the second back's pouch. If it is a give to the second back, he will pull the ball from the first back and ride the give to the second back as he attacks off tackle. The QB runs a keeper route to the same side, becoming the third possible threat.

A few great advantages to this play:

1. It puts the playside of the defense in a tremendous amount of conflict trying to determine who to tackle.

2. Each play can be blocked using multiple blocking schemes. You can base block it. You can run a midline trap to your first back if you are doing it out of the "I". You can "G" block the offtackle hole. You can loop a WB through and have him lead for the second back. The possibilities are endless.

3. It can be run out of many different backfield sets, so you can present multiple looks to a defense while still running the same play.

4. You can run it as an option or a "check with me" play, and give to the back that has the better chance of success based on defensive alignments or reactions.

5. You can design an entire series around it, including counters, traps, options, keepers, and playaction passes.

6. It's fairly easy for an offensive backfield to execute.

I (obviously) love this play, so I'm always available to talk about it. If you would like further details, please feel free to email me at lochness_23@hotmail.com

Good luck!

Last edited:
Just remember 7nonstop, Delmar has more speed then anyone, you said it, and you know how that usually translates in HS football......

lol, remember, its not the x's and o's, its the johnnys and the joes..... running the same plays for as long as coach Hearn has been there.

Delmar better not look past Laurel, they need to show up and play one game at a time period.

I have heard laurel is struggling. kids quitting, a ton of discipline problems, captains getting suspended from school, players getting ejected from games, what a mess. Delmar will have a running clock on them by the 3rd...

No one is saying Delmar is the team to beat. Just saying a lot of people are overlooking them. And I agree Delmar should roll Laurel. However, it's a big rivalry game and Laurel's senior night with a chance to ruin Delmar's season. Essentially, Laurel's "Super Bowl". I can promise you one thing though, Coach Hearn will not be looking past Laurel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT