ADVERTISEMENT

DMA

We know folks wanted to hear more about this, but,
A) The show was created to highlight players & teams, which we do very well every week. This isn’t 60 minutes. We’re not investigate reporters.
B) it’s easy to speculate and opine anonymously. We put our names & faces out there each week.
C) After several discussions, we realized there was ZERO way to tell what we know without burning the kid, or betraying the confidences of some really good people.

A) The show was created to highlight players & teams, which we do very well every week. This isn’t 60 minutes. We’re not investigate reporters.
B) it’s easy to speculate and opine anonymously. We put our names & faces out there each week.
C) After several discussions, we realized there was ZERO way to tell what we know without burning the kid, or betraying the confidences of some really good people.
I wouldnt sweat it and would stay out of stuff like this IMO. Let the DIAA and AD's handle it, doing what your doing you get to know all the people involved and its gets ugly. I wouldnt want to be part of that if I was you.

Reactions: Huskerman7
That's why we have these boards. Too add light to situations based on our information. The guys who do the POD Cast do a good job. Its not to be controversial - we get that in the other 99% of our social or otherwise media. Lay it out there, add info as you have it. As for the situation, silence is not good. Get in front of it. You had all weekend. The players need to know where they stand. If they let the DIAA step in, though it may take a while, it will get real ugly. DIAA has taken a beaten over the last 2 plus years, this would out this board and all other DE football social media out of control. I have made the comment about the wild wild west. They need to make it right. Otherwise, stop with the nonsense and rules. 2.11.36.84.999999.62.12 part A. Will mean NOTHING! Actually surprised that D3 Linc did not try to gobble up the AI kids. Shoot, just give them another jersey. Maybe they can play for McKean on Friday, and him on Saturday. Could be some scheduling issues, but he can get 'around that'. Peace and Love

I get that and no problem but then I wouldn't use it as your teaser to get folks to tune in either. Felt like I fell for fake news click bait.lol.. just saying of course

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskerman7
I think the podcast was fine and I completely understand why they won’t speculate or take sides, I have a bit of a problem when they said DMA is a very polarizing team and i think they compared them to the Yankees, who a lot of people dislike because they are always good. They are only polarizing recently and it is because of all the talk without actually winning something. My son played against DMA many times and it was always hard fought and they were a very good team during the years they had Alleyene’s older brother. That kid was a great player. But now all the social media posts, like “if you even think about beating us you better wake up and apologize”. LOL! Can someone tell me their signature win last year, or this year, who did they beat? What game did DMA’s coaching staff out coach the opposition and get their team a win where maybe they shouldn’t. DMA was LOADED last year, just win something before you tell everyone how great you are and now u are cheating to win. Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat.

their signature win was against Concord last year - DMA's first playoff win in the history of their program

A program as storied as the Yankees....apparently

5e037f724dd6c1bf6e317420d296fe743f302ed1r1-482-268_hq.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BackinBlack86
I love what those guys are doing and the direction of their podcast. I do however question how long have they been following the landscape, solely based on some comments. The one about DMA is just the most recent head scratcher.

I love what those guys are doing and the direction of their podcast. I do however question how long have they been following the landscape, solely based on some comments. The one about DMA is just the most recent head scratcher.

Before DMA had a stadium Caravel used to let them use theirs as their home field. No fee and even let them keep the gate. They had some ok teams. That relationship ended when DMA coach would refuse to schedule CA even when they started to get better and became a team that could make the playoffs. They definitely were never feared or hated like the Yankees.

Decent team that seemed to be well coached and disciplined. Disciplined play is one thing you expect to see from a Military Academy team. Obviously things changed with the new AD and HC. Went from DMA to DSA and a bunch of chest pounding without winning anything. Their play is not as disciplined as it once was either. Like many of the "academy" teams you see out there. Twitter is a whacky world lol

I think the podcast was fine and I completely understand why they won’t speculate or take sides, I have a bit of a problem when they said DMA is a very polarizing team and i think they compared them to the Yankees, who a lot of people dislike because they are always good. They are only polarizing recently and it is because of all the talk without actually winning something. My son played against DMA many times and it was always hard fought and they were a very good team during the years they had Alleyene’s older brother. That kid was a great player. But now all the social media posts, like “if you even think about beating us you better wake up and apologize”. LOL! Can someone tell me their signature win last year, or this year, who did they beat? What game did DMA’s coaching staff out coach the opposition and get their team a win where maybe they shouldn’t. DMA was LOADED last year, just win something before you tell everyone how great you are and now u are cheating to win. Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat.

I 100% agree with this. Last year was really the first year I started following. I don’t think I’ve seen that sort of outward posturing. And then add on those screenshots of the coach messaging 8th graders?! That really isn’t my style of program but I read here about how dominant they were in 7 v 7 in preseason. And how much talent they had. And how the coach was suppose to be good. And how they were going to bully 302.

As I started to follow I realized that their division was downright bad. And they were blowing teams out. And people on the forum were all in on them.

Time proved all of that to be faux…twice.

But what is a real turnoff to me is that the coach is clearly putting winning over everything by plotting and scheming to play an ineligible kid. This puts winning over culture, over accountability, over the kids in the locker room, over the school. What a terrible message. And if the school doesn’t address it, it endorses it.

So polarizing? Really? Is anyone in favor of this sort of program?

And the Yankees?! I think I read here that they never had a playoff win until they beat Concord last year. Haha. Cmon fellas.

their signature win was against Concord last year - DMA's first playoff win in the history of their program

A program as storied as the Yankees....apparently

5e037f724dd6c1bf6e317420d296fe743f302ed1r1-482-268_hq.gif

Concord was terrible last year. They only made the playoffs because they were able to beat some weak in district teams. That was their 4 wins vs McK, Delcastle, Newark and Conrad. Every game out of district they got blown out. Even BWine put the RC on them.

I contend beating Howard 28-20 was their sig win last year. Coincidently that was the first and only time they have played Howard.

Concord was terrible last year. They only made the playoffs because they were able to beat some weak in district teams. That was their 4 wins vs McK, Delcastle, Newark and Conrad. Every game out of district they got blown out. Even BWine put the RC on them.

I think he was being facetious.

Reactions: nomorenonstop
Hey! you with the big words.. what happened to your pool picks?

You ain't one of them Chickenhawks are ye?

genius-little.gif

Forgot on week 1!

It’s easy to be bold when I don’t know anything!! I’ll tune in this week. #DEprepsTakeover #keystrokebykeystroke #youbetterapologize #culture

• Haha
Forgot on week 1!

It’s easy to be bold when I don’t know anything!! I’ll tune in this week. #DEprepsTakeover #keystrokebykeystroke #youbetterapologize #culture

yeah yeah promises promises...

Didn't you just say in another post when you got here Concord was good? If that is the case you have been here long enough and you can just drop the oh I'm just a newby routine. haha

yeah yeah promises promises...

Didn't you just say in another post when you got here Concord was good? If that is the case you have been here long enough and you can just drop the oh I'm just a newby routine. haha

Hahaha. Yes. When I first moved to this area Concord was good! I didn’t follow any of it, but they were good!

I know a few kids on the Concord team this year and it will be a really rough season!

I contend beating Howard 28-20 was their sig win last year. Coincidently that was the first and only time they have played Howard.
Bib’s I normally agree with your posts, you are a voice of reason on this forum, but I have to disagree with Howard being a signature win last year. Howard is a great 2A program but they lost everyone from their 2 time State Champion teams. Yes they were the defending Champions but in name only. Remember Howard also lost to Archmere 42-8, Frienda 35-0, Tower Hill 32-16 at home, Woodbridge 22-6 at home and St Marks 14-6. If DMA wants to call beating Howard 28-20 at home their signature win, and a big step on the ladder to #302takeover, then they have pretty low standards.

Bib’s I normally agree with your posts, you are a voice of reason on this forum, but I have to disagree with Howard being a signature win last year. Howard is a great 2A program but they lost everyone from their 2 time State Champion teams. Yes they were the defending Champions but in name only. Remember Howard also lost to Archmere 42-8, Frienda 35-0, Tower Hill 32-16 at home, Woodbridge 22-6 at home and St Marks 14-6. If DMA wants to call beating Howard 28-20 at home their signature win, and a big step on the ladder to #302takeover, then they have pretty low standards.

Well we can agree to disagree on this one. Or maybe we can agree there was no signature win. That one I can roll with..

Reactions: fanoffootball123
If beating Concord for their first playoff win in program history isn't their signature win then beating Caravel the following week for their SECOND playoff win in program history is most certainly their signature win.

If beating Caravel in the second round of the playoffs is not DMA's signature win then beating Archmere 10-0 in the first half of the semi-final is definitely their signature win.

bart-star-simpsons-podcast.jpg

If beating Concord for their playoff win in program history isn't their signature win then beating Caravel the following week for their SECOND playoff win in program history is most certainly their signature win.

If beating Caravel in the second round of the playoffs is not DMA's signature win then beating Archmere 10-0 in the first half of the semi-final is definitely their signature win.

bart-star-simpsons-podcast.jpg

Yes. Caravel is definitely the “signature win”. Truly. Caravel was good!

DMA got lucky against Caravel. The quarterback for CA couldn't throw a beach ball in the ocean that day and the coaches rode that horse instead of getting off it. Drumgo had a good first half, but then they just had to key in on him. I read the threads from the playoffs and this is what some were reporting. Caravel had a bad game at the wrong time, not DMA being superior.

Caravel hung tough for the first half if I remember correctly. Gave up a huge play and then a score just before half

DMA got lucky against Caravel. The quarterback for CA couldn't throw a beach ball in the ocean that day and the coaches rode that horse instead of getting off it. Drumgo had a good first half, but then they just had to key in on him. I read the threads from the playoffs and this is what some were reporting. Caravel had a bad game at the wrong time, not DMA being superior.
Drumgo had 103 yards on 33 carries and 30 of those yards came on Caravels last drive when it was 33-0. Before that his longest run of the night was like 6 yards. The whole game plan was to force the QB to beat you. And twice that game caravel had 1st and goal and wasn't able to score.

Reactions: DelaNewb

I don’t know if that’s fair. I mean 33-0 isn’t exactly “lucky”. DMA beat a pretty damn good team with a really good back!

Don't sleep on Howard this year!

Reactions: Woody_Wood
Hasn't played yet. Most likely will redshirt. They have him at ILB 5'10 215lbs gonna have to beef up some
He adds 15lbs and keeps that speed he would be a real good cover guy out-of the backfield and he is a pretty sure tackler so he should do well with guys coming up the middle

I don’t know if that’s fair. I mean 33-0 isn’t exactly “lucky”. DMA beat a pretty damn good team with a really good back!

Caravel was unlucky earlier in the season when they lost their starting QB Nick Richardson a Smyrna transfer to injury. Richardson now is playing for one of the those southern PGP programs. Palmetto Prep Academy

Last edited:
Drumgo had 103 yards on 33 carries and 30 of those yards came on Caravels last drive when it was 33-0. Before that his longest run of the night was like 6 yards. The whole game plan was to force the QB to beat you. And twice that game caravel had 1st and goal and wasn't able to score.
Caravel fumbled inside the 5 and got screwed on a bad no TD call on the reverse right before half otherwise it’s 14-0 at half and not 7-0 DMA.

would be an entirely different game - not saying CA wins but would change the entire game. Once they went down 7-0 CA started throwing the ball too much and keep turning it over which led Tom the blow out. DMa started rolling and it was over after that.

Caravel was unlucky earlier in the season when they lost their starting QB Nick Richardson a Smyrna transfer to injury. Richardson now is playing for one of the those southern PPG programs. Palmetto Prep Academy
Richardson wasn’t a good QB the current kid os better but last year he was young

Does anyone know what happened at the end of the DMA game? Did they go for 2 on that last score to win by 9 instead of 8. or was it a bad snap or something. Why go for 2 with 30 seconds left in game? I thought they have a solid kicker

Does anyone know what happened at the end of the DMA game? Did they go for 2 on that last score to win by 9 instead of 8. or was it a bad snap or something. Why go for 2 with 30 seconds left in game? I thought they have a solid kicker

to make it a 2 score game would be my guess. If you go for one and something crazy happens then the other team can tie with a 2pt conversion. Up by 9 the game is over

can’t imagine there is a 2pt conversion chart out there that says go for 2 up 7 with 30 secs left to make it a 9 point lead. That must be Fred Flintstone math.

• Haha
can’t imagine there is a 2pt conversion chart out there that says go for 2 up 7 with 30 secs left to make it a 9 point lead. That must be Fred Flintstone math.

Are there high school 2pt conversion charts? Snap hold and kick can be a challenge for high school kids sometimes.. good kicker or not.. just saying

Good Luck with that Malvern game!

With the win vs Imhotep last Friday night Malvern Prep completed their 3 game PA OOC gauntlet beating La Salle, Wood and Imhotep. MP is now the #2 ranked team in PA behind St Joes Prep. Originally was probably gonna put this game in the CP but don't think I should bother now.. MP 10 lol

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT