ADVERTISEMENT

Donte

It looks like they are bringing him along slowly, playing 20-25 minutes a game off the bench much the same as he did in college. Averaging a bit over 8 pts a game so far.

Reactions: Dropping 3's
Last night against the Raptor in Milwaukee...Donte in familiar 6th man role. 23 mins., 12 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists in the battle of the undefeated. Bucks won...

The Celts will still top the East...

The Celtics' depth is absolutely ridiculous. Only problem they'll have is keeping certain guys happy, but Golden State isn't going to walk all over them, that's for sure.

I guess C.J McCollum for Portland welcomed Dante to the league last night....Scoring 40...But C.J is does that to a lot of guards.

Everybody has their welcome to the league moment at some point. I still laugh at AI saying Kevin Johnson made him cry.

Reactions: jvm3
Donte's welcome to the league moment was this. Donte had fewer minutes against the Warriors, which the Bucks won. I am not sure of his playing time today against the Clips. I guess that is what you youngins call an "ankle breaker."

Needs to have quicker feet on D. But then he always lolligagged on D unless he was chasing Not that that is a down put. Everyone has a part of their game to improve on.

Yes, Donte has had some injury issues. I think healthy he will be a contributor. At the moment, I think the Bucks are in 1st place.

Another DNP last night. Box score says:

Inactive - Injury / Illness

Wishing him a speedy recovery

Go Bucks, the Butler pick up for the Sixers was huge, top 10 talent with what we had is paying dividends.

Reactions: Patcomic
Donte got sent to the G league. They play Thursday night. Found it strange that they would play him 24 minutes one game then not take him off the bench the next.

Not sure of any first round pick who has been sent down like this. Bucks GM will hear about it. Shocker!

Eh, better to get him the reps now than totally mismanage him like the Sixers did Fultz. Not an indictment on Donte or coach Bud. Bledsoe/Brogdon/Middleton are just better NBA players at this point and time.

I don't think it's a shocker. He missed 9 games due to an injury. I guess I would have some concern if the Bucks pulled off some kind of trade if that trade put Donte deeper on the bench.

Going to the G league...He needs the work... trade him to Philly... their depth is pathetic,

I don't think it's a shocker. He missed 9 games due to an injury. I guess I would have some concern if the Bucks pulled off some kind of trade if that trade put Donte deeper on the bench.

Going to the G league...He needs the work... trade him to Philly... their depth is pathetic,
This just traded for George Hill. Dropped him from 2nd team to 3rd on depth chart. He is not playing well. Looses man on D. Plays flat footed. Should be more aggressive on the offensive end and demand the ball. Had 21 points 7 boards and 3 assists but 7 turnovers last night. Stats way better than his play. Game was on TV yesterday afternoon.

oldtimer, was the Bucks game on TV or was the G League Wisconsin Herd on TV? (obviously, the NBA channel)

I do not disagree with your current take on Donte. I am wondering if there are set up moves for more trades. Looks like the Bucks are better structured 1-10 better than the Sixers.

Also, wonder why the Sixers never seemed to consider sending Fultz to the G League?

Game was on at 3:30 PM on NBA TV. They interviewed him after the game.
Kind of highlighted him during the game. He needs to understand that more consistent effort is needed to stay in the league. He definitely has the talent.
The current schedule has most of the teams playing in one place. Lots of NBA people watching. Look for trades because teams are looking to fill needs for certain types of role players.

Reactions: 84rider
Was not in the Bucks lineup last 2 games or the Herd game last night. Not listed as injured either. Anyone know what is going on?

Once they got George Hill and Malcolm Brogdon got healthy, you could see Donte's minutes were going to be diminished especially after he had the groin aggravation.

I think they are playing the Raptors tonight.

Reactions: Dropping 3's
Once they got George Hill and Malcolm Brogdon got healthy, you could see Donte's minutes were going to be diminished especially after he had the groin aggravation.

I think they are playing the Raptors tonight.

Understood but he is not even sitting the bench. His name not even listed as DNP for the last couple games including last nights game. The G league team played Friday and he did not play for them either. Seems to have disappeared.

Understood but he is not even sitting the bench. His name not even listed as DNP for the last couple games including last nights game. The G league team played Friday and he did not play for them either. Seems to have disappeared.

Wow. I missed all of that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT