ADVERTISEMENT

Donte

Uncle Bumfuzzled

D1AA Prospect
Sep 11, 2012
Last second tip in for win against UVA will be a SporsCenter highlight for the rest of the day

Last edited:
Can't link video for some reason. Last second tip in for win against UVA will be a SporsCenter highlight for the rest of the day.
He didn't have many offensive opportunities so he concentrated on defense. Enjoyed the after game interview as well... The "Michael Jordan of Delaware" phrase that the broadcasters use every single game is getting old though

He didn't have many offensive opportunities so he concentrated on defense. Enjoyed the after game interview as well... The "Michael Jordan of Delaware" phrase that the broadcasters use every single game is getting old though

TBH, this is really the first era we're seeing Delaware kids on a national stage, so these guys don't know about Terence Stansbury, AJ English, Dexter Boney and so on (Granted, they should, but it is what it is). Hell, most people don't even know Ukee Washington hooped at Dover.

Reactions: 84rider
Proud of him but he made a lot of mistakes in that game. Actually his guy scored on him before he made that play at the end so good for him. I think by his senior year he will be awesome. But..... The broadcasting people will see what Delaware is all about next year with Trevon and Eric hopefully balling on TV

I was at the game. Awesome game by two teams that will go deep in March Madness. Lot's of UVA fans in the arena.

Reactions: 1 2 Step
I was at the game. Awesome game by two teams that will go deep in March Madness. Lot's of UVA fans in the arena.

20,900+ in attendance and cats had a lack luster first half. Many of the UVA fans were in 3rd tier but did have a good showing. They are a well coached team.

Donte played 19 minutes. There were a couple of turnovers. The box score will show 1-1 from the floor and 1-2 foul shooting.
My sense is that he was in the game at that point for his defense and the rebounding.

On announcer Gus Johnson's call of the end of the game:
Michael Jordan may be travelling with Hornets as they approach the trade deadline. The Hornets visit Phila in February. Maybe I will ask MJ if he is the Donte Devincenzo of North Carolina. There is no other Michael Jordan. The closest to those kind of skills that I have seen in DE HS BBall was Dexter Boney and a guy named Sherman Dillard at DeLaWarr in the early 1960's.

Last edited:
Proud of him but he made a lot of mistakes in that game. Actually his guy scored on him before he made that play at the end so good for him. I think by his senior year he will be awesome. But..... The broadcasting people will see what Delaware is all about next year with Trevon and Eric hopefully balling on TV
Eric and treyvon* are not gonna show anybody what Delaware is about divincenzo played every high school game in Delaware while Ayala transferred after his freshman year and duval never stepped on a Delaware high school court not saying that's A bad thing at all duval going to img must be life changing there facilities are top in the world along with just neat for a kid from here.. just saying tho in the long haul you'll hear there academy more then Delaware which is why donte will always be a bigger representative not player

Reactions: soccer07 and jvm3
To each his own @Nhs96. I'm not getting into all of that. They from DE and the grassroots people who remember them at young ages playing in all the leagues a and watching them develop know. Trust me they rep DE. But happy for all

I believe Ayala reclassed when he left DE & is now considered c/o 2018, so he won't be at college playing on TV next year. He has offers from almost everywhere though so I expect to see him on the tube in a couple of years.

To each his own @Nhs96. I'm not getting into all of that. They from DE and the grassroots people who remember them at young ages playing in all the leagues a and watching them develop know. Trust me they rep DE. But happy for all

I am pretty sure that I remember Educated Eye bringing Duval and other local Wilmington kids down here to Dover playing at local tournaments at Wesley College back when he was in like 4th/5th grade. I forget the name of the AAU team at the time.

Reactions: ShowTalent40
Donte has three more years to play and I'm betting he is a starter in most or all of them. Nova is senior laden.

Donte has three more years to play and I'm betting he is a starter in most or all of them. Nova is senior laden.
Correct.... He will.. But after this year Nova will drop way out of top 10... Best players will all be gone...

I believe Ayala reclassed when he left DE & is now considered c/o 2018, so he won't be at college playing on TV next year. He has offers from almost everywhere though so I expect to see him on the tube in a couple of years.
I think reclassed is so unfair...way older kids playing younger kids... But we consider reclassed Great players.. Smh

Reclassed or not dude it's hard to argue his talents. Not exactly sure how the kid has offers from big time schools and your arguing he's not great. Sad there's people like you on here hating on a high school who's doing big things. I guarantee you though he doesn't look at depreps or doesn't care what you think about him.

Correct.... He will.. But after this year Nova will drop way out of top 10... Best players will all be gone...

Yeah way out....to maybe even 11th. Lots of talent coming back and solid recruiting
class. Villanova's future is very bright.

Reactions: 8yaz
Yeah way out....to maybe even 11th. Lots of talent coming back and solid recruiting
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. You underestimate Jay Wright as a recruiter. And it's gotten a lot easier for him with a recent national championship and another run at one this year. Nova's not going anywhere.

Reactions: jvm3
Eat
Reclassed or not dude it's hard to argue his talents. Not exactly sure how the kid has offers from big time schools and your arguing he's not great. Sad there's people like you on here hating on a high school who's doing big things. I guarantee you though he doesn't look at depreps or doesn't care what you think about him.[/QUOT wat is U talking about.. Never mentioned a player.. Just reclassed situation..

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. You underestimate Jay Wright as a recruiter. And it's gotten a lot easier for him with a recent national championship and another run at one this year. Nova's not going anywhere.
Nova done after this year .. Say wat U want.. They wont compete for a title for a while..

With 5 of the top 8 returning and a top 20 recruiting class I think they will be fine next year.

Reactions: 8yaz
you guys remember that Villanova team with Allen Ray, Kyle Lowry, and Randy Foye...that team also had Will Sheridan and Mike NArdi...There were critics doubting them too but how did that team win it :cool:

Reactions: jvm3
I think if Delino Deshields hadn't signed with the Expos and had gone to Nova we would be talking about him....though not real tall my sense is that he could have been an NFL DB and certainly a high level college basketball conference guard....with possible NBA potential. ( we are talking 30 years ago....) I hate to leave Deshields off any list for any sport.....

Reactions: Sports_Fan72
had the privilege of coaching Donte in middle school. Has put the work in and deserves all the success he's achieved. Excited to see what he has in store the next three years at Nova and beyond.

Reactions: jvm3 and Chesdel
HNgCouE.jpg
LwNQ8eV.jpg

Donte has accomplished a lot. He won 2 DE HS BBALL titles, he is making a major contribution to Nova and he has the residuals from playing Sid in Toy Story

you guys remember that Villanova team with Allen Ray, Kyle Lowry, and Randy Foye...that team also had Will Sheridan and Mike NArdi...There were critics doubting them too but how did that team win it :cool:

Squad went to the Elite 8. Would have been legit contender for title had Curtis Sumpter not gotten injured.

I think if Delino Deshields hadn't signed with the Expos and had gone to Nova we would be talking about him....though not real tall my sense is that he could have been an NFL DB and certainly a high level college basketball conference guard....with possible NBA potential. ( we are talking 30 years ago....) I hate to leave Deshields off any list for any sport.....

Funny you mentioned Deshields as there was a post on a Nova board about recruites that got away..Rasheed, Tyreke, Ellington etc. Delino was a name that many mentioned and believed would have been a huge star.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT